Cheapest online calling to Australia

Indianinoz

Hello,

Which is the cheapest way to call Australia(both landlines and mobiles) from the Internet? Skype doesn't look to be all that cheap.

Note: I'm not sure which is the most accurate forum for this thread so I've posted it here. Feel free to move it if required.

I called at CPA Australia at 1300 73 73 73 and it charged me about half a dollar per minute which is huge. However, when I called at the landline +61 3 9606 9677 it charged only Rs.2 per minute which is like less than 5 cents. Whats the deal? Is the former a toll free no. which is free within Australia but chargeable at exorbitant rates if calling from outside?

What skype rates for calling on mobiles?

Cheapest online calling if both caller and recipient are online; Free! :-)

Skype, Viber, Whatsapp, FaceTime, Facebook etc.

It's so easy call people for free given that so many people are online permanently through their mobile phone.

Totally agree invest in smartphones and go through Skype, Viber, Facetime, Whatsapp!

I use an app on my phone called FOO calls. You add whatever you want to your foo calls balance and then call via the app, if you've got inclusive minutes it will use those to call a local number or you can use wifi calling and the app will charge you at the local rate of your destination, it tells you what the charge will be one you input the number. I've used it for years to call when I was in Qatar and when I was on my reccie trip to Gold Coast. If you've got an iPhone I'd just use FaceTime or FaceTime audio

the most stable way is to get a voip box, it plugs into your home phone, you buy a uk landline number for 3 quid a month.

this way people in the uk can phone you for the cost of a normal local call (which for most mobiles is free :) )

you can phone uk for 1p a min landline or 10p mobiles.

there are many companies who do it, we use http://www.voipfone.co.uk/

its that good that when the sound goes all crackly on skype, and there are odd dropouts/ slow connection, we use the phone for sound and skype for the video, that way the sound is always perfect.

cant recommend it enough ;)

there is something more natural to having a normal phone to have a natter on, this gives you that no pc needed (a broadband connection is though)

you can also for free have it routed to your mobile, great for when you're exploring aus! :)

if you need any more info let me know :)