Backpack or suitcase?

Guest51810

I don't even like flip flops, they hurt my feet! I bought a nice pair of gold sandals though ages ago so I'll get a pair like that but a colour I can wear with most things. I don't like anything that goes between my toe like the flip flop bit. I could wear them for a little while just on the beach but not walking around all day

You will get used to them. I used to be the same. They are the comfiest shoes in the history of the world. Much better than sandals, waterproof, washable, lightweight. You can 't come if you won't wear thongs:tongue: Get a pair of havianas. Comfy as.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it depends on what you do I guess! I seemed to have spent a lot of time walking through parks and up hills haha. I think i just felt comfortable in walking shoes regardless of what I was doing, can get a bit hot in them though. Of course if Stace if wanting to stay in the sydney and just walk on pavements then flip flops (or any shoes) is fine, it's just when you get out and explore you might need them a bit more!

yeah I do that then complain I can feel all the rocks...duh...

You will get used to them. I used to be the same. They are the comfiest shoes in the history of the world. Much better than sandals, waterproof, washable, lightweight. You can 't come if you won't wear thongs:tongue: Get a pair of havianas. Comfy as.

I'll be walking around moaning about the heat and my flip flops lol. My sandals were really lightweight too, I miss them. Got them from new look but they actually broke really quickly but I glued the bit down and they lasted a while after that lol.

When I was in Cairns I lived in my flip flops, walking in the city, just outside of the city I changed into walking shoes! Anyway Stace just buy a pair and bring them, you'll need them at one time or another!

If I was going backpacking (20 years ago) I'd pack a pair of very lightweight walking shoes/a pair of day thongs and a pair of bling thongs/sandals for nights out

I've noticed a pair i quite like so might order them and put them away. I'll be ordering another pair of my nike trainers for going too - I love them! So comfy

I don't know about other ladies but I never really wear trainers here...your feet will boil in most climates in trainers

Also go really light on clothes, I'd pack a day sundress, a night sundress, 2 or 3 pairs of shorts, 5 or 6 singlets (vests), a couple of t shirts, maybe some long pants in a cotton fabric, wear a pair of jeans to travel in, a warm, fleecy hoodie or 2, 1 pretty cardi and that's it. Oh...a nightie too.

Yeah I'm just going to pack light. Stuff I can mix and match. I don't really wear day dresses but if I see 1 or 2 that Iike then I'll get them. It's usually tops I go overboard with rather than trousers or shoes.

I'm still really confused about wether to book a return flight or not!

Yeah I'm just going to pack light. Stuff I can mix and match. I don't really wear day dresses but if I see 1 or 2 that Iike then I'll get them. It's usually tops I go overboard with rather than trousers or shoes.

I'm still really confused about wether to book a return flight or not!

Jersey or cotton dresses are super easy, especially for a beach day. Just throw one on top of your bather and you're good to go....you'll pick a few up here. Target do some good cheapies.

Just don't pack jeans - too hot a lot of the year and not easy to wash & dry - I've got a couple of pair of Trespass 3/4 length black trousers you could have - only worn for the month I was travelling last year & perfect for travelling light. image.jpg

Longer than they look in this picture that was the harness. Happily (but annoyingly) they don't fit me now!

image.jpg

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

You can get calf length and long ones if you're self conscious Stace but trust me, it's quite liberating here, no-one really gives a stuff, just get your legs out and enjoy yourself:)

As HH says, no-one gives a stuff Stacey. You will be fine. Definitely recommend the longer style dresses or 3/4 length pants if you're not keen on wearing shorts.

As HH says, no-one gives a stuff Stacey. You will be fine. Definitely recommend the longer style dresses or 3/4 length pants if you're not keen on wearing shorts.

When I came, I only bought 3/4 pants, I wasn't used to shorts and thought I was too fat. Now I wear shorts. Not short shorts but mid thigh/a few inches above the knee. I'm really not that worried about if I look fat in them, I just like to be comfortable.