189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone we are new to this and submitted our visa 6th April,we are due to go for our medicals next Monday in Birmingham. My husband(carpenter)36 yrs, going on his trade on 189, myself(stay at home mum), 34, and our 2 children, Chloe 5 years and Corey 4 years. We are heading to Brisbane area,looking around redcliffe peninsula or manly area,anybody have any advice on these areas?

I only bothered putting down my 3 relatives over there. I wouldn't have felt particularly comfortable asking the required details from friends that I rarely see.

To those of you who have submitted form 80 - how many personal contacts in Australia did you put down? I know a lot of family and friends (my gf is from Queensland) but thought more than 4 or 5 is overkill? Or not?

Thanks

And, while I'm posting anyway, I'll make a confession...................I received my grant today. I absolutely creamed myself as I opened the email - only to realise that it was for the eVisitor visa that I applied for yesterday and had totally forgotten about as I read the "IMMI Grant Notification" title to the email.

sorry for all the questions, but as I am doing this application solo I wanted to make sure.

In my application I said I was in a de-facto relationship (for 5 years), but also said I would not be adding my partner to my visa (as she is Australian).

Do you think I still need to provide evidence of my de-facto relationship? I have the documentation ready but thought i would see what others had to say first..

Thanks!

sorry for all the questions, but as I am doing this application solo I wanted to make sure.

In my application I said I was in a de-facto relationship (for 5 years), but also said I would not be adding my partner to my visa (as she is Australian).

Do you think I still need to provide evidence of my de-facto relationship? I have the documentation ready but thought i would see what others had to say first..

Thanks!

You won't need to provide relationship evidence if your partner is an Australian (and DIBP is aware of that). What did you include her as on your application? Non-migrating dependent or Other Family Member or ...?

Hi all,

I have a question...

I did masters in commerce from Australia in 2008, I came back to India for good and started working as Medical sales representative for all these years.

Now as the family commitments grows and better quality of life for kids ?I have applied for PR.

I claimed 60 points without any work experience as an accountant, my work is really different,

Does a CO may ask about this?

Any affects on my PR?

Really worried

@Ozmaniac

These are the relevant answers in my application..

Relationship status: De Facto

Are there any migrating family members included in this application?: No

Non-migrating dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are notAustralian citizens or Australian permanent residents: No

@Ozmaniac

These are the relevant answers in my application..

Relationship status: De Facto

Are there any migrating family members included in this application?: No

Non-migrating dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are notAustralian citizens or Australian permanent residents: No

Those are the right answers. Your CO could possibly ask about your partner but when they know she is Australian, you won't need to provide relationship evidence.

Hey all,

From the UK moved to Australia in 2013.

457 app submitted 14/08/13; 457 Approval 28/08/13.

IELTS (overall 7.5) 08/06/13; ACPO checks 19/11/14; AASW Skills Assessment 12/02/15; 189 EOI 12/04/15; 189 EOI invite 12/04/15; 189 visa app submitted 12/04/15; 189 Visa Meds 14/04/15; 189 Visa Med outcome - no further action required 22/04/15; AFP checks 22/04/15.

Awaiting Immi Case Officer/decision.

Hey,

I also lodged my visa on 10th April, one month after submitting my EOI with 60 points.

I did my medicals beforehand and obtained my Police clearance from UK and France back in December 2014.

All has been uploaded upfront and my Medicals have been processed on the same day I paid for my visa 189 fees.

Now, I'm waiting to see whether this will help get my application processed before the 3months waiting time. Who knows?

I get the feeling that applying for these GMS visa after January of each year makes things a bit harder because there are reduced numbers of invitations, and also Case Officers are busy dealing with the earlier applications that are dragging on...

Still, I'm waiting and hoping with positive thinking though...

I don't think we are required to lodge 80form until we get a request from CO.

However, it would be wise to fill in in advance, as it takes a LOT of time, especially if you have lived in different countries and/or had several jobs! (It took me 3 days to complete mine, but then, I have a long history of living acrosse the EU...).

A friend of mine lodged her 186 visa and got a phone call after 3months from the CO requesting she sends her form 80, ASAP. She had it filled in so she did send it on the spot. She got the grant the following minute. All in all, it took her only 3 months to get a visa that normally takes 18months :).

I just submitted my visa guys so I got there in the end!

I have joined in with the April gang! :-)

This is my first post on this website. We lodged our application on the 8th of April and I wanted to get our police checks and medicals done soon, although our agent advises us to wait until we hear from CO. The sale of our house should go through within the next 8 weeks so we was hoping to move in September as I am a teacher and wanted to leave my work at the end of this academic year.

Would like to know if anyone else is lodging in April is planning to move out around/before September or if you think that sounds unrealistic.

Also we are moving to Perth, me and my husband (both 30) with our three children aged 12, 10 and 6. Would also love to hear from anyone else who is has chosen Perth. Move is starting to feel real now :)

I have booked flights already, 16th of September and I think it is easily achievable now. We are booking our medicals for 18th May and did police checks in February. We submitted on the 15th April. I suppose for you the biggest unknown is the house sale, is there a way you could still move if the sale went through? ie leave with family to advertise, do paperwork etc or rent out?

Similar situation... 3 children 11, 9 and 4 but moving to Townsville!

Edited by jac2011

mallard, sounds similar to what I have done. I submitted on a Wed (I think) and uploaded on the Saturday the docs. I had police docs already but my medical will be a month after submitting. I am pretty certain it's not even looked at till 6 weeks later so I think the four week mark is in plenty of time.

I saw this on another forum - any idea what this agent is referring to?

"A new system implemented this month, allows one to request a decision when all the required documents are uploaded. I've done this twice and within a day had the visa decided. Before the case officer may only look at the case again after 28 days. See that there are no outstanding items on his visa lodgement, medicals done, etc."

That's a promising statement, but is it backed by actual facts?

I've read on the Immi website that you "should not attempt to contact the CO" while your visa application is being processed.

It makes sense not to contact them at all, because you never know when they are assigned to your case anyway, you just get a surprise email after many weeks. That's it.

Another family of 4 joining the April gang - visa finally submitted today.

Got back last weekend from a 2 week recce, primarily to Melbourne but changed plans mid way through to hightail it up to Brisbane & the Sunshine Coast. Aiming to move to northern suburbs of Brisbane (Eatons Hills / Albany Creek) in Sept / Oct 2015.

Awaiting police checks back any day and need to get medicals booked.

Hadn't heard of a Form 80 until this thread so will take a look at that later.