189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

call to Adelaida GSM 15 Minutes back.

one nice gentlemen answer the phone and I told that i wanted to check the progress of my application.

He has requested the TRN no and my full name. also how many dependent within the application. That's all and request me to stay online for while. 15 second later he said that the all information are in order and he could finalized the application shortly. :-)

Now i'm refreshing my mail box every second. :jiggy:

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So happy. Just logged in and IMMI account has gone from application received to finalised. . Three letters sitting in the correspondence section.

Never had any contact with them.

Now need to keep quiet until a sensible time.

Dear KSN,

when did you lodge your visa and when the CO responded to you? Did you call to them? I am planning to call them tomoro

Hi Pranavan,

I applied on 3rd April 2015, CO allocated on 22-May-2015 requesting additional documents form 1221 and marriage certificate. Provided the documents on the same day.

Granted visa yesterday 7-July-2015.

This is explained on 3rd page - About your visa.

This type of visa is issued for 4 years, after that you have to apply for Resident Return Visa (RRV) or citizenship.

All of us will have the same.

Actually the last entry date is decided based on 5 years from the date of your PCC.

Has anyone been granted visas by the brisbane team? Looks like all the grants hv been through the adelaide team.... We lodged on the 26th of April n submitted all the docs. .. twiddling thumbs n waiting now, but wondering whether to call or not. ....

Has anyone been granted visas by the brisbane team? Looks like all the grants hv been through the adelaide team.... We lodged on the 26th of April n submitted all the docs. .. twiddling thumbs n waiting now, but wondering whether to call or not. ....

Im may the 8th, Brisbane. called on the 6th of july, the kind lady granted me 10mins later :)

Till today morning i didn't received anything , so I call them again.

They confirmed not to worry.

After 3 minutes.

Oh yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The Golden email appear at my mail box.

It was not easy task at all. hopes , tears, frustrations end at Culmination of the dream.

Grant received! (email at 4.35am)

My timeline for those interested

ANZCO 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer

ACS applied 02/03/2015, received 10/03/2015

PTE Academic done: 07/04/2015 - Results on 08/04/2015 [83,80,66,90]

PCC applied 01/04/2015, received 16/04/2015

EOI lodged: 07/04/2015

Invitation received: 09/04/2015

Application lodged: 19/04/2015

Medical done: 11/05/2015

Information Requested 01/06/2015 (Information provided same day)

Delay email received 16/06/2015

Grant received 09/07/2015 (80 days from Application)

Just need to start saving! Good luck to all still waiting!

Great News Kingprawn!

I'm happy you all got yours, especially because we both lodged on the same day, yet waited almost 3 months! :)

As for celebrations, well... it's nice to see we got somewhere after chasing all this Immi paperwork.

The best is yet to come! :P

Same here! I rang (got through on the second attempt) this morning to check that they'd received our HK PCC and the lady confirmed that it had been received but not processed. She asked if I wouldn't mind remaining on the phone will she processed it. Well, with an offer like that it would have been rude to refuse, right? A minute or two of tapping on her keyboard, she statemeed "congratulations, I've issued your grant - you'll receive a email confirmation shortly". Literally a couple of minute later (after my wife, my cousin and I had a very tearful group hug) the email had arrived.

Conveniently, I was staying with my cousin just outside Adelaide who just happened to have a bottle of Moet in the fridge that she'd received for her housewarming. Well, it was 09:20 and we popped that cork right there and then. We later drove into Adelaide to my other cousin's house to find my hire car sporting Aussie flags. Inside the house she'd decorated the dining area with a large aussie flag! She had kitted out the dining table with out in honour of our big day too. The table cloth was decorated with Aussie flags as were a couple of hats and pairs of sunglasses that were laying on the table. There was also a fly squatter, large jar of Vegemite and even a Vegemite chocolate bar!!!

I've wanted this ever since my first visit over 31 years ago. Today my dream came true.

Best wishes and good luck (and congratulations to those with grants already!) to all my fellow April applicants!!!!

Great News Kingprawn!

I'm happy you all got yours, especially because we both lodged on the same day, yet waited almost 3 months! :)

As for celebrations, well... it's nice to see we got somewhere after chasing all this Immi paperwork.

The best is yet to come! :P

Thanks adonjio!

I guess the delays that everybody else faced didn't actually affect me due to the 4 week wait for a HK PCC after it was requested by my CO. However, I am so glad (yet feel bad for those, like you, that were held back until the new year) that I was able to get my grant along with those that applied at around the same time.

I'm now on my last day of this recce trip to Australia and am more confused than ever about whether to move to Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide.

Yep! Lodged 13th April and application is under 'routine check'......... Waiting eagerly

Does anyone know what is this routine check all about and how long it takes. Why is it that some people get the grant earlier than others. Is this routine check applicable for few or for all applicants. Sorry to ask so many questions, but it indeed is frustrating.

I've got an agent and she's in New Zealand and I am pretty clueless on what any of it means. She just keeps telling me she'll be in touch when she knows anything! We rang and enquired ourselves the other day and was told they would look into our grant later and email yet still nothing! Even more frustrating we have an 11 hour time gap between us and NZ so everything takes twice as long to communicate!!

Does anyone know what is this routine check all about and how long it takes. Why is it that some people get the grant earlier than others. Is this routine check applicable for few or for all applicants. Sorry to ask so many questions, but it indeed is frustrating.

Routine checks could be triggered for a variety of reasons from what I've learned. If you have extensive travel history or have had jobs in countries that are deemed 'High Risk' by ASIO, a routine check could happen to your application. Or sometimes they just need to verify basic information such as work history. And people are saying that no one knows how long a routine check's going to take as IMMI outsources security checks to ASIO.

I called Adelaide GSM and the nice lady said she does not know how long it is gonna take but its quite normal for applicants to go through routine checks, and when the checks are cleared then the application can proceed.

It is annoying though not knowing how long it would take for ASIO to complete the checks....

Just out of interest @mickeyteg and @Kangaroohunting have either of you been to, had jobs in or are associated in any way with a high risk country? Or can think of any particular reason why you might be subject to these checks?

Mine is also taking a while, and along with previous military service in several dodgy countries (although over ten years ago) and extensive travel history, I think I might be in the same situation.

Just out of interest @mickeyteg and @Kangaroohunting have either of you been to, had jobs in or are associated in any way with a high risk country? Or can think of any particular reason why you might be subject to these checks?

Mine is also taking a while, and along with previous military service in several dodgy countries (although over ten years ago) and extensive travel history, I think I might be in the same situation.

@CaptainC I worked in 2 High Risk countries before. I couldn't think of any other reasons that could trigger the checks.

I read an ASIO document a while ago and it says routine checks could either be internal or external. Internal checks would take 1-2 months at most but external checks could take longer. (This news says around 66 days for Asylum seekers but did not mention GSM http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-03-01/asios-security-check-logjam-revealed/1962922) There's no way of telling what checks they are doing. I did hear from our HR department IMMI called to check my work history.

@CaptainC I worked in 2 High Risk countries before. I couldn't think of any other reasons that could trigger the checks.

I read an ASIO document a while ago and it says routine checks could either be internal or external. Internal checks would take 1-2 months at most but external checks could take longer. (This news says around 66 days for Asylum seekers but did not mention GSM http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-03-01/asios-security-check-logjam-revealed/1962922) There's no way of telling what checks they are doing. I did hear from our HR department IMMI called to check my work history.

Hopefully that's all it will be then. Just a quick check on your employment. Fingers crossed for a quick outcome.

Archived