uk

Cristina Grapa

Hello guys, I currently live in UK, but me and my family want to move in Australia can someone one help me with some advice, what to do to come there, kind regards.

Can you provide a bit more information about yourselves, there is not much to go on there and we don't know what you already know.

Where are you in the process? Do you need visas or does one of you have citizenship through a parent or something? How old are you? What are your occupations?

Hi Cristina and welcome to the forum.

Nobody will be able to give you any help unless they know more about you. For example your age, occupation, whether you are looking at permanent or temporary visa, where in Oz you are looking at etc etc.

Also better off asking specific questions.

I want to know what kind of job the market is, we don't know to much about Australia, the living is expensive? What kind of future we can have there?

The job market is not your immediate concern, to be honest it is pretty similar to the UK. As is the type of future you can expect. Whether you can get a visa (or whether you re entitled to citizenship) is the primary concern when you are starting out on the migration journey. You need to provide more information on occupation (not studying) as per the earlier comments.

Unless you've got any whizz bang qualifications lurking in the background you've got no chance! You have to have a demonstrable skill which is in demand. Labourer and cleaner really aren't going to get you even close to a visa

I want to know what kind of job the market is, we don't know to much about Australia, the living is expensive? What kind of future we can have there?

Yes, the living is expensive. You can have the same kind of future here as in England, not better, not worse, just a different culture.

British people dream about Australia because many of their relatives came to Australia years ago and were very successful. But nowadays things have changed, and Australia has unemployment just like everywhere else. It is a lovely adventure to come to Australia but I would not recommend it if your reason is for a "better future", because it is not better or worse, it's just different.

So my partner working in construction as a labour, I don't work I m a full time mom, I was working as a cleaner before, how I can find out if we are eligible for visa?

To be eligible,for a visa you will require an occupation on at least the CSOL. Labour is not an occupation on the CSOL unless your partner has a trade qualification and number of years work experience or been through an apprentice and a number of years full work experience in this trade you will not qualify for any visa at this time.

Yes, the living is expensive. You can have the same kind of future here as in England, not better, not worse, just a different culture.

British people dream about Australia because many of their relatives came to Australia years ago and were very successful. But nowadays things have changed, and Australia has unemployment just like everywhere else. It is a lovely adventure to come to Australia but I would not recommend it if your reason is for a "better future", because it is not better or worse, it's just different.

i understand where you are coming from with the employment being the same, but as for lifestyle choices in australia there are so many you can be in the built up areas surrounded by people or you can have your own land with no one around you, depends what you want, we came over to australia because we we're thinking a better life for our kids, kids are still free to out side and play over here as for in the uk they are trapped can not go out and do anything..

each year that we have been here we have grown stronger and built up our lives to a life that we could never achieve in the uk, we did it hard came across had not a lot of money did a house share and you make things work..

if your partner has some sort of labouring qualification, i.e. brick laying, plastering, wall tiler, they are on the list but would need a qualification and to have been doing it for at least 3 years after his trade..

wish you all the best and this form is full of people here to help..

i understand where you are coming from with the employment being the same, but as for lifestyle choices in australia there are so many you can be in the built up areas surrounded by people or you can have your own land with no one around you, depends what you want, we came over to australia because we we're thinking a better life for our kids, kids are still free to out side and play over here as for in the uk they are trapped can not go out and do anything....

I don't agree with this. There are plenty of places you can go out as a child in the UK. I don't see how they are trapped any more so than an Australian child. I'm Australian, 25 years old, grew up in Melbourne, we went camping as a family each year, I rode my bike around the streets, I was in a basketball team etc. I have a niece living in North Yorkshire, she and the family go camping, she is in swimming classes and plays soccer she also rides her bike around with a few of her friends. She's not "trapped" at all. Her childhood will be no better or worse than mine - just different.

You can also buy a house in the UK with no one around you, same as you can in Australia.

OP, the UK has all kinds of distorted views of Australia being the "promise land". If you at any point in time get the chance to move, do it because you want the adventure. Not because you want a better life for your children, are feeling bored in the UK and think Australia will fix your problems. Australia is not Britain with sun - it's very very different.

Best of luck :)

might be my own personal experience then spent 22 years living in england then moved to sweden for work for 3 years then came to australia with work, wouldn't move back to england at all, its a very depressing place afraid and everyone i speak to back there just tell me its getting worse..

I'm moving back to England in October (just returned last week from spending another 6 months there) It offers a lot more for my partner and I at this time. England has it's issues, just like Australia has them as well. I don't really see one country as being better than the other :)

might be my own personal experience then spent 22 years living in england then moved to sweden for work for 3 years then came to australia with work, wouldn't move back to england at all, its a very depressing place afraid and everyone i speak to back there just tell me its getting worse..

So how many different places did you live in England? I haven't lived there for a very long time but last time I looked, there was a heck of a lot of countryside there! Also, it's much easier to find a village within commuting distance of a big city there than in Australia, where everything is more spread out.

So how many different places did you live in England? I haven't lived there for a very long time but last time I looked, there was a heck of a lot of countryside there! Also, it's much easier to find a village within commuting distance of a big city there than in Australia, where everything is more spread out.

i was born a raised in yorkshire, don't get me wrong there are nice places in england that you could retire, but lifestyle and trying to get ahead in life, the uk wasn't going to happen, i would never have the lifestyle that i have now over in england, just wasn't possible,

of course its much easier to find a village next to a city because of the space and people that are there... too many people and its only getting worse..

i understand where you are coming from with the employment being the same, but as for lifestyle choices in australia there are so many you can be in the built up areas surrounded by people or you can have your own land with no one around you, depends what you want, we came over to australia because we we're thinking a better life for our kids, kids are still free to out side and play over here as for in the uk they are trapped can not go out and do anything..

each year that we have been here we have grown stronger and built up our lives to a life that we could never achieve in the uk, we did it hard came across had not a lot of money did a house share and you make things work..

if your partner has some sort of labouring qualification, i.e. brick laying, plastering, wall tiler, they are on the list but would need a qualification and to have been doing it for at least 3 years after his trade..

wish you all the best and this form is full of people here to help..

It is great that you enjoy it, I did too. But the idea that children cannot go outside in the UK is truly absurd, if it stopped you then that is all down to you, but it never stopped anyone I know. Australia has a far more punishing climate than the UK.

Anyway, the point is moot to the OP. As they are not going to qualify for a visa.

It is great that you enjoy it, I did too. But the idea that children cannot go outside in the UK is truly absurd, if it stopped you then that is all down to you, but it never stopped anyone I know. Australia has a far more punishing climate than the UK.

Anyway, the point is moot to the OP. As they are not going to qualify for a visa.

no never stopped myself from playing out just the areas i have seen with kids and upwards just hanging around the streets causing trouble for no reason, just what i have seen theres some not so nice areas, what i am getting at is if you want to be in this not so nice areas you've really got to have some serious coin behind you to do so, i was a heavy diesel fitter in the uk earn ok money but nothing as near as what i do here..

peoples choices and life style..

maybe in years to come and i want to retire out of the sun i can afford that little cottage in the village..... :laugh:

oz is so much bigger than the uk though & not everywhere has a punishing climate. i live in a temperate area and enjoy lovely weather all year. four seasons but not too hot in summer or too cold in winter & kids can play outdoors without multiple layers, hats & gloves.

oz is so much bigger than the uk though & not everywhere has a punishing climate. i live in a temperate area and enjoy lovely weather all year. four seasons but not too hot in summer or too cold in winter & kids can play outdoors without multiple layers, hats & gloves.

Most of Australia does have a more punishing climate, I believe the only temperate zone in Australia is in Tasmania. It was last time I looked at a map of climate zones anyway.

Personally I found both climates ok to live in and have a slight personal preference for Australian. But I am just realistic about it being on the whole more extreme and requires more care.

Thanks for clarifying that Australia is bigger though. I had no idea.

Most of Australia does have a more punishing climate, I believe the only temperate zone in Australia is in Tasmania. It was last time I looked at a map of climate zones anyway.

Personally I found both climates ok to live in and have a slight personal preference for Australian. But I am just realistic about it being on the whole more extreme and requires more care.

Thanks for clarifying that Australia is bigger though. I had no idea.

tasmania is cool temperate. the green bits on the map are temperate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived