Flight radar

Guest Bora

Thought I'd share this with everyone - I discovered it today (I might be the last one to find out about it LOL).

But anyway, it's really interesting - certainly fun for the kids in us :yes: and amazing how busy our air space really is.

Click on Planes for real time information.

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Bora

• 2 weeks later...

busy? have a look at the USA

they dont 'seem to mind a flight or two.

also for most countries this doesn't include small aircraft, so there are far more up there than you can see.

i think here in Australia, all aircraft need ads-b so should be shown.

manic!

I like to keep an eye on whatever flight friends or relos are coming in on. Makes it kind of interesting when the flight just disappears off the screen though - that happened to one my parents were on. Turned up OK so just site fallibility.

I like to keep an eye on whatever flight friends or relos are coming in on. Makes it kind of interesting when the flight just disappears off the screen though - that happened to one my parents were on. Turned up OK so just site fallibility.

Oh yes! The first time I was following a flight that my daughter was on and it disappeared, I panicked. I know better now but it's still a bit worrying until it reappears. That's one reason why I also use FlightAware as (unlike flightradar) they were able to pick up flights down in the wilds of Patagonia and could even track a flight I was following from Santiago to Sydney - they must have a station in Antarctica. Check out this flight path - the dotted lines are the planned course.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA28

Thought I'd share this with everyone - I discovered it today (I might be the last one to find out about it LOL).

But anyway, it's really interesting - certainly fun for the kids in us :yes: and amazing how busy our air space really is.

Click on Planes for real time information.

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Bora

I love this app! I can see the 'planes taking off and coming in to land from my chair and often look to see where they've been or coming from. My daughter 'stalks' my flights on it when I'm going home and coming back here :wubclub:

busy? have a look at the USA

they dont 'seem to mind a flight or two.

also for most countries this doesn't include small aircraft, so there are far more up there than you can see.

i think here in Australia, all aircraft need ads-b so should be shown.

manic!

Only those aircraft flying under the Instrument Flight Rules above FL290 need to be ADS-B equipped....after Feb 2017 all IFR aircraft must be equipped.

Only those aircraft flying under the Instrument Flight Rules above FL290 need to be ADS-B equipped....after Feb 2017 all IFR aircraft must be equipped.

ahh, knew it was coming, thought it was already here.

(been out of the loop a while, not so much call for technicians here in Australia now)

so even more here in Australia than are shown too!

I love this app! I can see the 'planes taking off and coming in to land from my chair and often look to see where they've been or coming from. My daughter 'stalks' my flights on it when I'm going home and coming back here :wubclub:

I know Lindor it's interesting isn't it, I didn't actually realise that I am on the flight path for the flights from the US into London as they come across the Bristol channel. There still at 30 odd thousand feet so I don't really see or hear them.

Now I stand in the garden going "BA124 Chicago to Heathrow that is" and my wife just looks kind of....blank...at me...as if to say......!

Had FR24 on my phone for a long time - since the DS last visit to Aus I think when I thought it would be cool to see how his flight was going. I use it a lot - on my morning walks the Air France flights from Paris to various N American cities trail over but otherwise we don't get too many over head. I'm always frustrated that the shuttle flights Sydney to Canberra don't register but I assume they will in 2017 (thanks Sir Les).

Why are some planes orange ?

And some planes bigger ?

1. No idea

2. There bigger because they carry huge cans of de-icer !

I know Lindor it's interesting isn't it, I didn't actually realise that I am on the flight path for the flights from the US into London as they come across the Bristol channel. There still at 30 odd thousand feet so I don't really see or hear them.

Now I stand in the garden going "BA124 Chicago to Heathrow that is" and my wife just looks kind of....blank...at me...as if to say......!

:laugh: My OH is the same when I say ooh there's an A 380......and the night before I fly back home I'm on the app waiting for my 'plane to take off then I go on the balcony and watch it thinking that'll be me up there this time tomorrow, then I start to panic...... :laugh:

Archived