189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic... they really are getting through these quite quickly! We applied on the 17th Feb so hopefully will hear something soon... not had our medicals or police checks done yet on the recommendation of our emigration agency so they will just come back and ask for more information, instead of a direct grant!! Congrats again, and good luck with the move!! xx

Congrats Doctdavis.

was just checking the old posts and you were expecting a reply even by 1st week of March? :err: . like your enthusiasm!!!

Just to share with other members, its looks like onshore and higher point scorers gets processed quicker than others. not always been the case but this is the case mostly. we will wait patiently...

Hi all, sorry for the slow response! Been away and not had a chance to update. Mine was direct granted Weds 1/4/15 (submitted beginning Feb.) :-D

I'm actually on holiday there on the 23rd (not moving just yet - still looking for the job and working out how to break it to my boss!) - does anyone have any info for things that have to be done on first entry, if anything? As far as I can tell, all I need to do is enter to change my status to resident. From what I've read, it is better to apply for medicare, tax file number and bank account early on to make life easier but not required.

Hope those still waiting see yours or a CO soon! Good luck!

Congrats Doctdavis.

was just checking the old posts and you were expecting a reply even by 1st week of March? :err: . like your enthusiasm!!!

Just to share with other members, its looks like onshore and higher point scorers gets processed quicker than others. not always been the case but this is the case mostly. we will wait patiently...

Absolutely! I'm a positive thinker :) I wasn't expecting a reply by then but it never hurts to be hopeful! Yours will come soon. Where are you headed?

Not sure buddy.

My sis lives in Sydney so will go there first and if possible, will travel to WA and Brisbane to check out the job opportunities and other stuff on my list.

I just need to know the outcome to give a kick start to the other processes.

Will keep you posted

Another direct grant here.... Soooo happy the wait is over, now the stress of packing and moving next month can commence!!

my hubby submitted on 13th Feb and we front loaded everything, did the usual daily checks and no case officer allocated, this morning then golden email came and the IMMI account has our family grants!!

Fingers and toes crossed for everyone else, hope you all heat something soon xx

Another direct grant here.... Soooo happy the wait is over, now the stress of packing and moving next month can commence!!

my hubby submitted on 13th Feb and we front loaded everything, did the usual daily checks and no case officer allocated, this morning then golden email came and the IMMI account has our family grants!!

Congrats Ninny...

Right on! Congrats to you Ninny!

Congrats ninny! I've started waking up to check my emails during the night as we applied on the 19th it's getting so close!! We have started the arduous task of getting rid of all our belongings and doing the house up for rental all at once whilst living in it and working full time. My poor hubby is a hoarder (not of the extreme variety) and is struggling seeing so many mementos being thrown away or sold. Home is where the heart is I say, and I am really looking forward to starting from scratch with nothing to our name but the suitcases we arrive with (and our beloved bikes of course) oh please let our visa come soon crossing all fingers and toes!!

Huge Congratulations!! I am trying very hard to refrain from checking emails but its so hard!!!! Did you you submit Form80? Where you heading?

tnanks guys!! Congrats doctdavies, see you got your a few days before!! Thinking happy thoughts and being super positive worked!!

we heading to Perth, flying on 19th May via Bali for a holiday befire starting our new life!!

Didnt submit form 80, wasn't asked either as no case officer assigned. Front loading everything paid off for sure! Xx

Congratulations and good luck to you all being so close!!

We're looking to apply for Visa subclass 189, both completed IELTS test. We are now wondering if it's worth us going on a working holiday visa first of all? We've never been to Australia and it is a massive task to apply for the visa. We can then apply for the 189 within Australia if we get there and love it? I know it's not really relevant to your exciting news but I am looking for a little advise :) Had you all been to Oz prior to visas?

Thank you

Katie

Katie93

if you are young enough then I would go for the WHV. This will allow you to see if it is for you or not. I visited for a holiday whilst I lived in Japan many moons ago. Loved it then and as I am 44 this summer I persuaded my wife to uproot our family - the two of us and three kids. It is our final chance to do this and we are of the mind that if it doesn't work we can still come back here to sunny Scotland. It might be an expensive mistake but one we are willing to take as it is not only for us but also our kids' future.

All the best with whatever decision you make.

Hi there everyone! At what point does form 80 get requested? We lodged our 189 in feb 2nd and was asked for police checks and medicals last week which we have done! How long once these last things are uploaded does the visa get granted? Fingers crossed it does!! Good luck to you all, it's soooo exciting! And scary x

Archived