young children

hayzm

Hi

Can anyone help with where would be the best place to bring up children?e.g. Good schools etc.

I enjoy the seasons so would like to be in an area that is not to warm all year around?

Have travelled Australia and appreciate it is such a diverse place so would welcome any views,positive and negatives?

Thanks

Melbourne and Tasmania have seasons. Melbourne might have more work opportunities but much more expensive. Both places ( and other cities/states) all have good schools. Tas is good for kids. It's safe and friendly. Lots of sports clubs/ things going on for kids. Less intense heat ( still need sun safety but better than instant burning!). And kids can still go and build a snowman in winter! ( eg. up ben lomond or mt Wellington)

Lots of building going on in WA for a while apparently. You have been to Oz before - have you been in WA ? Melbourne though I am sure would tick your boxes for seasons - no idea about work though. Everywhere in Australia is on a downturn at the moment

Gets very humid in some areas of Qld especially near the coast.

We are back in Toowoomba after a fair few years living in various parts of NSW and Melbourn. Although melbourn is in the south of Aus it gets "very" hot in summer up in the 40's somedays.

As I said we are back in Toowoomba and loving it, only 2 hours from Brisbane but you get the seasons and not much humidity. Its a large country town which is known for its schools be that state or private. Highfields just out of Toowoomba is the fastest growing suburb in Qld, and there seems to be trade work around. Great hospitals as well. When the new by pass is complete in 2018 it will cut travel time to brisbane to about an hour and a half.

Perth temps vary from 1c at night in winter to 41c in the hottest of summers days. But you are talking 9 months of sunshine ,and a nice dry Mediterranean heat, not many humid days. If you like Spanish summers you'll love Perth. WA does have tonnes of construction going on.

What's everyone's beef with humidity? it's a good excuse to go for a drink

Thank you for everyone's reply.completely out of my depth with all this so think I'm going to need an advisor.does anyone know a trusted company that can help me cover all aspects of the move please e.g. getting a job,best place to live for the non frizzy hair and living life to the full haha

Think I need to take it step by step x

Finance must also be considered, there are some magnificent places to live which would offer all you are looking for, but as thousands of others are looking for the perfect place to live as well, the best places can be expencive, very expencive.

Your first consideration should be your job, where "can" you get work, not "hope" to get work. With out income you wont be able to realize any of your dream. Depending on what you do start looking on sites like seek, career one, or indeed. Once you know where you can get a job then you can look at things like climate, and schools.

Spend a bit of time finding out a bit more about each of the states and the main cities in those states. Each state is different with different laws and a different feel to it. There is no best place to bring up children in Australia, there are lots of good places and some maybe not so good places and you have to decide what is best for you.

You said you want seasons but pretty much everywhere has seasons except the top end, it's just the seasons are a bit different to the seasons in the UK. There are snow fields in Victoria but you won't get much snow in Melboure itself. Here in SA we do get the odd snow shower but it's unusual and makes the news when it happens. And it rarely settles or stays around for any length of time. Tasmania probably has the most similar climate to the UK, but I'm not sure what the winters are like there.

Really you need to think about which part of Australia interests you most and then think about areas from there. If you can afford it a bit of a trip round Australia might help you to decide which bit of it you prefer.

Archived