Abott: LMAO

Harpodom

Who will be PM by the end of this month?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be PM by the end of this month?

• Abott
    • Turnbull
    • Bishop
    • Morrison
    • who cares? They're all the bloody same

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to have you back Harpo, you've been missed my friend.

FWIW, I reckon Abbot will survive this particular crisis and will continue on his historic quest to lead Australia back to the 1930's!

This clip always makes me chuckle. Without one of his minders there to tell him what to do, the brutish thug hasn't got a clue!. You can almost see the thought bubble escaping from his head saying "I'm going to hit you for asking me this." :biglaugh:

Oh well, just another reason to get citizenship I suppose, to help vote the buggers out! :smile:

Think he will too, but the writing is on the wall!!

I do have a kind of sick feeling in my stomach at the perverse pleasure some people seem to get at others' misfortune.

They seem to revel in it which is very disturbing to me.

If it was someone you didn't like you would be the exact same. Don't even bother lying and saying you wouldn't.. You would. People are like this with politicians. It's just the way it is

Even before any replacement of Abbott,(even if it happens) already the newspapers are starting to attack the possible candidates. A's too left wing, B's too right wing, no one understands/listens to the people, she doesn't want to be a Julia Gillard etc,etc. You can bet your last dollar that if there is a change of leadership the poor unfortunate will still be unable to get things through the senate, and Australia will still continue along, getting deeper in debt.

If it was someone you didn't like you would be the exact same. Don't even bother lying and saying you wouldn't.. You would. People are like this with politicians. It's just the way it is

Not true.

I can't stand it when people kick the boots in and bray for blood when someone is on their knees.

I do have a kind of sick feeling in my stomach at the perverse pleasure some people seem to get at others' misfortune.

Oh come off it Parley!! Alls fair in love and politics! The most corrupt bunch of crooks I ever did see....

I seem to recall a post of yours from way back were you pondered whether boats containing asylum-seekers could be torpedoed by the Australian Navy. I personally found that very disturbing.

Did you have a similarly sick feeling in your stomach around the misogynistic treatment of the Prime Minister's predecessor by the right-wing media?

No EW because Gillard was really reaping what she herself sowed..

That is so ironic, as this is exactly what is happening to Abbott and his government!! I'm not a big fan of Shorten, but at least he is managing to look like the leader of a party of adults at the moment, unlike those who gave themselves the title!

The term 'you reap what you sow' seems to have been invented exclusively for messrs Abott, Pyne, Morrison, Brandis, Dutton, Hockey et al. Anyone this phrase was previously aimed at was a mere pretender, just keeping the seat warm for the real deal.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't exactly a fan of JG or KRudd, but at least you could see that at the heart of their policies they were actually trying to make things better, rather than this current lot who seem to be just going through an IPA checklist of things to stop/cut/block/destroy.

Its ironic that the only thing they are doing which is against the IPA's agenda is the curtailing of civil liberties and freedom of the press....the freedoms that form the basis of their party's name...the 'Liberals'. Go figure.

The sense of schadenfraude at seeing them get found out, even by the biggest dullards, is at the extreme end of the scale. It's absolutely beautiful.

Unfortunately Parley, it's human nature and nowhere near as bad as rubbing your hands with glee when an asylum seeket boat sinks with loss of life. There's misfortune, and there's misfortune. Those in the public eye, particularly pollies. deserve the old adage that if you stick your head above the parapet,be prepared to get is shot off

Unfortunately Parley, it's human nature and nowhere near as bad as rubbing your hands with glee when an asylum seeket boat sinks with loss of life. There's misfortune, and there's misfortune. Those in the public eye, particularly pollies. deserve the old adage that if you stick your head above the parapet,be prepared to get is shot off

Quite right, unfortunately our last 3 leaders all stood on top of the parapet waving their arms in the air. As someone who has done a lot of shooting I would say, not even sport and as my Aussie friends would say 'too easy'

Quite right, unfortunately our last 3 leaders all stood on top of the parapet waving their arms in the air. As someone who has done a lot of shooting I would say, not even sport and as my Aussie friends would say 'too easy'

Exactly...............didn't even require a fire order or adjustment of sights/range..........they all stuck out like a russian in a snow suit in the desert of benghazi

It depends on their chances of winning the next election when they run the numbers, which they will be doing furiously this week. A good chance at winning then Turnbull might go for it, no chance then either Abbott or a caretaker leader. Australian politics is so ludicrously volatile I don't bother to follow it to be honest because every time I tune in there's a different PM. I watched Turnbull give a foreign policy lecture once and I can assure you he knows what he's talking about and makes Gillard and Abbott look like idiots in comparison.

You mean like Abbott's best friend saying the father of an obviously grieving daughter died of shame? Yes...it disgusted me too.

Being a ****head, on the other hand, is not misfortune. It's self inflicted.

Yes, it's so foolish that we spend $4.3 million of our taxpayers money monitoring it for "strategic communications advice". :arghh:

More like to catch the ISIS terrorists.

Very glad they do. They have foiled lots of plots the last few years.

It seems the laughs, the gaffes, the Captain's Picks, the empty promises of collegiality, the um's and arr's, will continue for now*.

As for those who voted against the spill, all I can do is LMAO.

Well done, Tony Abottttt!

*Hopefully until the election in 2016.

Archived