Is there compassionate grounds to get Super released on a 457? (Except leaving)

dunesurfer

EXCEPT leaving Australia?

I have no job

Credit cards are heaping up

Car needs to be paid

And have mental issues because of it

By the sounds of this I do not have any rights, nor compassion coming my way.

I am close to applying for PR and sit with the catch 22 that I don't have money. The only way for me to get money, is to get to my Super. Ideally, I don't want to leave Australia

but these rules are forcing me to leave. I can get a bridging visa which will allow me to stay in Australia. Without the money, I can't do a thing. If I do leave the country they will

take 38% of my hard earned Super!

Any suggestions? Or ideas to get access without leaving?

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/early-release-of-superannuation

[h=3]Temporary residents and early superannuation release[/h]Generally, the early release of superannuation benefits on compassionate grounds is available to Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents only. If you are a temporary resident, you may be eligible if you met the grounds before 1 April 2009, or you hold an Investor Retirement (subclass 405) visa or Retirement (subclass 410) visa.

If you do not meet the criteria, then you cannot apply for the early release of your superannuation on specified compassionate grounds.

You can also apply directly to the Australian Taxation Office for early release of benefits if you were in Australia temporarily and are now leaving the country permanently.

Visa is still valid. Expiry is 5/15

Im in ACT. Government state. Sponsorship here is a miracle by itself.

When the visa expires is not relevant....if you have left your job or if the job no longer exists then your 457 expires 90 days from that date even if there is time left on your visa. The 457 visa is dependant on your job...no job then no visa

Unless you can find another sponsor both you and your ex employer are in breach and you'd almost be better leaving now than getting hit with an overstay ban of 3 yrs. if you have no job you have to leave within 90 days of your job finishing, not hang on in the hopes of getting PR down the track.

In a word no. Once your visa is cancelled then you can apply to get it back (though be aware some funds can take over a year a lot of persistence to get it).

Unless ss you can gain another sponsor, your only hope is to go back - the employer must pay your flight - wait till super is released and use to apply for pr- which may take some time and you need to be prepared you are unlikely to qualify for any UK benefits in the mean time.

Archived