What awful scenes confront you when open your blinds in the mornings?

MARYROSE02

This was taken at sunrise on Christmas Day last year. I don't have any others, but all I can really see are these trees. Our bedroom is out the back, and we back on to bush so it is pretty green and leafy!

Sunrise Christmas Day.jpg

Sunrise Christmas Day.jpg

It's dark already so no photo ;) but it's pretty awful in here too. Sun shines like crazy in the morning, lorikeets are loud, everything is green ( except flowers, they assault my eyes with all different colors). I don't know how long will I be able to bear it.... :)))))

It's a struggle alright!!! :jiggy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26771[/ATTACH]

I was thinking, 'that does not look like anywhere in Australia? (Though i suspect there are parts where you can find similar views? Tasmania perhaps? Even south coast of NSW?)

I always intended to go to Townsville, but still not got there.

I was thinking, 'that does not look like anywhere in Australia? (Though i suspect there are parts where you can find similar views? Tasmania perhaps? Even south coast of NSW?)

I always intended to go to Townsville, but still not got there.

There are several places very similar around Mackay now that the sugar cane is being harvested and new cane is shooting.

Cheers, Bobj.

More to Australia than Srawberry Hill, MR...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Sometimes, I get off the train from Penrith at Central on the 'country platforms' and walk look at the trains departing, especially The Indian Pacific, and wonder 'could I, should I, dare I!'

I did have a little 'adventure' last night when a friend texted me from the Art Gallery of NSW so I went to meet her, then drove with her to Marrickville, so we could chat, then I made my own way back to Strawberry Hills (and the Strawberry Hills Hotel!) by bus to Broadway, after a meal at a new (for me) restaurant 'La Cocina de la Abuela'.

I am going to do something in November though, when I expect my work to dry up anyway.

Archived