189 visa lodged September 2014

Whites

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

67 days until my predicted CO allocation..................:jimlad:

Anyone know chances of being asked to complete Form 80?

Getting close now! Still hoping for grant circa 17 November!

owwhhh arrrrr :jimlad: :jimlad: :jimlad: :jimlad: :jimlad: :jimlad:

Getting close now! Still hoping for grant circa 17 November!

owwhhh arrrrr :jimlad: :jimlad: :jimlad: :jimlad: :jimlad: :jimlad:

Hi PWA200

I'm currently awaiting for my Visa to come through. Lodged on 18th Aug. Uploaded Form 80 as few threads stated CO will ask for it. Got CO, and she still asked for it. Sent it to her. It all depends really. Best thing to do is fill it in and have it ready to upload if they do ask for it as it is a lengthy form.

Hi PWA200

I'm currently awaiting for my Visa to come through. Lodged on 18th Aug. Uploaded Form 80 as few threads stated CO will ask for it. Got CO, and she still asked for it. Sent it to her. It all depends really. Best thing to do is fill it in and have it ready to upload if they do ask for it as it is a lengthy form.

I'm hoping not to be landed with the dreaded form 80! :no::no:

hello folks

i have just been assigned a case officer and have been asked to provide medicals (doing today)and PCC for Australia as well as the UK

just a note for people, if you have spent more than 12 months in a country in the last 10 years you need a police check for that country, hence why i need to provide an ozzy one as i am on shore and was here for 12 months in 2012,

was not aware but now you all are so don't let this delay your application if you need to do it

cheers

adam and sarah

hello folks

i have just been assigned a case officer and have been asked to provide medicals (doing today)and PCC for Australia as well as the UK

just a note for people, if you have spent more than 12 months in a country in the last 10 years you need a police check for that country, hence why i need to provide an ozzy one as i am on shore and was here for 12 months in 2012,

was not aware but now you all are so don't let this delay your application if you need to do it

cheers

adam and sarah

Please share your timeline :smile:

hello folks

cheers

adam and sarah

Hi all,

above post made me worry again. Can somebody please reply.

i have applied for family visa (189) sep 26th. Uploaded all documents exept form 80. Medicals done and police certificated uploaded.

my question is my mrs lived in Republic of Ireland over a year (2004-2005) and moved to uk. When we applied for uk police clearance we have included last 10 years of residency including from Ireland as they requested. I wonder is this enough to clear her police certificate or does she need a police certificate from Ireland .

Any suggestion or such expererience please.

regards

Edited by eagle656

Visa application - submitted vs Lodged

We submitted our application on the 15th september and uploaded all our documents on the same day.

the only thing to follow was the medicals which were done late October. Our status always said 'submitted' - and since our EOI time expired (the 60 dates from invitation time has elapsed), it now says 'lodged'. Is this normal? did we lodge when we submitted/paid and uploaded all our docs, or is it only lodged now? I wasn't sure how it worked. I thought submitted and lodged meant the same thing maybe?

has anyone else who has done their own application had this?

Thanks

The Roberts family.

We front loaded everything with a migration agent on 16th September including police checks and medicals...We are onshore but doubt that makes any difference to the processing times.... hoping the wait is nearly over. Will update as soon as I hear anything.....now back to trying to distract myself with one of the free Open University courses via the Oz Open Uni.....never was a very patient person :laugh:

Please share your timeline :smile:

Hello Folks sorry for delay

Our Visa Just got granted 1 hour ago, i cant believe it and i did all the paperwork myself no agent at all,

so time line

Skills assessment and IELTS all done in the UK

now on shore as in a Working holiday visa

EOI: 23/08/2014 , Invitation: 01/09/2014 , Application submitted: 07/09/2010 everything except medicals, Case Officer assigned: 07/11/2014 (requested medicals and Ozzy Police check) ironically we had our medicals booked for the 07/11/2014 lol, Application for Ozzy Police Check: 07/11/2014, Police Check returned: 14/11/2014, Police check Uploaded to immi: 14/:11/2014. VISA GRANT: 17/11/2014

if we can help any one please let me know, NO FORM 80 requested.

good luck folks

Adam and Sarah on shore forreeeevvveeerrrrr lol

but also use the tracker on here it was spot on for the lady before me and was spot on for us, 8 weeks to the day they responded to my application and the last few finishing touches where very quick also. so happy days

Edited by AdamSarah83

Does a case officer just email you, or do you have to check the IMMI site?

hello mate

they email you, you get an email from xxxxxx@immi.gov.au mine was Adelaide team 4

they contact on the email that you have registered to your account and they are fast, alot faster than i expected, case officer to grant was 10 days and that delay was the Police check not them

if you are front loaded great,

if not and you get a request for your medicals i am told you are in, as there is no way they will look at your papers then request medicals to then fail you,

any more questions about our process please ask folks,

i know it has been posted before but :

tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=84