ONLINE eVISA application QUESTIONS QUESTIONS

ausHWC

Hey Everyone,

I wondered if there is anyone out there who has been in the same situation as us. We have not used a migration agent and lodged our 457 visa application ourselves using the immi-account online. This was done 2 weeks ago.

We are struggling to understand the 'status' of our application because the website is somewhat ambigious and illogical. To put you in the picture here are the points of contention:

1. We uploaded a number of document attachments in support of our 457 application, after logging back into the account we noticed that the attachments have the progress status as 'received' but at the same time there is a small blue highlighted question mark next to each attachment, when we click on these blue question marks, it tells us the requirements of the attached documents. We are not sure if this is the case officer requesting the correct documents because our initial uploaded is wrong? or this is just a generic general guideline that pops up after you have uploaded your attachments.

2. We are confused because there has been no correspondence from the account, so we are not even sure if the status of the application has actually even been viewed by a human eye!? which leads us to believe the 'blue questions mark' are a automatic generic pop up, but then what makes it ambigious is that for one of the attachment (marriage certificate) there is no 'blue question mark' which then leads us to think someone has deliberately left out no question mark there. So does it mean some human eye (case officer ) has looked at our application and deliberately assigned those 'blue question marks' to only those that need attention to tell us to reload the correct attachment documents.

3. What adds to the confusion is that above the attachment progress column, there is a sentence that basically says 'not all attachment are required or necessary and only a status of 'required' is when attachments needs to be provided. Well all our attachments just says 'received' which makes me think its ok, because it doesn't say 'required' however then what is the point of the blue question marks being there?, because it feels like they are personal requests from the case officer to get more documents uploaded! but then why don't the case officer write us a correspondence to tell us specifically that you are required to re-submit these documents?

I'm really confused by the ambiguity of the mix messages of how the eVISA process is presented, I would be grateful if there is anyone out there who has gone through this progress and can throw a light on the interpretation of the website and its presentation of the status of your online visa.

Its important for us know because if those 'blue questions marks' are direct action requests from a case officer (and not a generic guideline) then we need to get alot of 'certified documents uploaded' that can cost alot of money and time, which if it is not necessary we don't want to do.

Looking for any experienced advice please, tearing our hairs out with stress as to what this online eVISA is all about. It really doesn't help either that there is no correspondence from a case officer and no direct way of contacting the immigration for answers (if anyone has contacts for this purpose I would also appreciate it if they can share that too).

Thanks a bunch in advance to all you lovely helpful people :-).

You are really overthinking this. :) Question marks like that are in many online applications - they're called tooltips, and just a place to get generic information on what they're looking for there. Those neither appear nor disappear nor indicate anything about what you've attached or not attached.

Hey College Girl,

You may be right, which was my initial interpretation of these blue question marks, but like I said it is ambigiously posed, when one of our attached documents does not have this 'tooltip' question mark. Also the damning problem is that they appeared after we submitted the attachments with a request for the health check up with the same blue question mark. So it sort of lead me to believe, someone (like a case officer) looked at our online application and saw that we needed a health check sorted, so they included a link with a blue question mark to fufil this health check requirement, and at the same time they highlighted all the other documents as well except the marriage certificate document which has no question mark.

I don't know, it might be the case that we are over reading into the status, but really is naugthy of them not to send any correspondences to tell us either way. This is why I'm appealing to anyone who has lodge an application online and noticed the same thing with their attached documents and later found out that these silly blue question marks (tooltips) are simply just generic info buttons and not action requests from the case officer...

You are reading too much into this. Those blue question marks are always there for everyone unless there's a glitch in your browser - it could have been it wasn't properly loading images temporarily for some reason. Your CO doesn't have anything to do with them, I promise. They don't get that specific with you - if they need something else from you or what you uploaded doesn't suffice, they'll email you, not leave you some ambiguous impossible-to-interpret symbol about it. For what it's worth, my account said "no correspondence" as well, even though I'd previously received an acknowledgment. It wasn't until my visa was granted that anything showed up in the correspondence section.

Thank you College Girl,

I will listen to your wisdom :wink: and relax. Was just worried that we are here sitting in the UK ignoring the blue question marks and they at immigration in OZ are there sitting waiting for us to answer with the required attachments, and in effect we are waiting on each other and find we delayed the visa application by assuming the wrong thing! :confused:.

Anyway, I think you are right, like I said my gut instinct was that they are generic guidelines and nothing to do with specific action requirements of our visa application, so I will agree with you for peace of mind :-).

Cheers again,

The online application system certainly isn't easy to understand. But as CG has said, the blue question marks are just a tool tip to give you an idea of what you would include for that type of attachment. The system tries to take a rather universal approach, which then can be misleading (and stressful) for applicants. I remember when I applied for my 186 visa, I wondered why it was showing so many attachments as Recommended, such as financial evidence, proof of residence, etc. which weren't required for my visa. I ignored them, but there was still that tiny voice at the back of my mind wondering if I was ignoring something I shouldn't. It all worked out fine though, you just have to listen to your gut instinct.

The best thing to do with he online system once you have lodged your visa is to ignore it. Immigration will not try to communicate with you through the system, there are no messages in there, hidden or otherwise. If somebody wants to tell you something or ask you something, they will send you an email.