TPG

Pro's

Cheap (59.99 a month with phone)

Fast (for me anyway)

Fixed a fault with the connection within 24 hours

Set up connection quickly

Con's:

None so far

iprimus no worries adsl home bundle $95.45.....................200gig (no off/peak) line rental, free local and national calls and calls to mobiles

Thanks for this John. I'll check them if they have under the table plan because we've been offered $99 free calls to local national and mobile calls with 250GB allowance anytime.

TPG

Pro's

Cheap (59.99 a month with phone)

Fast (for me anyway)

Fixed a fault with the connection within 24 hours

Set up connection quickly

Con's:

None so far

Looks promising but I've heard bad things about them like on the news that tpg fined $400,000 due to denying access to emergency numbers

I think i need to research more about it. Do you guys know any site/forum to check this guys. Thanks.

Who's your current provider for internet? Any pros and cons that you experienced with them?

Thanks.

If you are rural your choices will be limited a lot of the cheaper ones with good deals aren't available in rural areas. If they are they are not very good lots of drop outs. We are with Telstra as we are rural and nothing else decent is available. $90 a month for 200 gig free line rental,local calls. Calls aren't really of interest to us we would ditch the landline but need it for internet.

Telstra.

Not the cheapest, but definitely the best.

We had a lot of trouble with them in the beginning but once they sorted the issue. Something to do with the cable from the street to the house ( took nearly a year of drop outs). They've been good and gave us $500 credit on our bill along wit a few other credits along the way. Given that we a rural not much choice however.

Telstra.

Not the cheapest, but definitely the best.

Well TPG is the cheapest but i'm currently streaming netflix on tv and surfing the internet on my laptop and it is doing nicely and unlimited to boot.

Telstra and been with them since internet arrived. In that time I have had under five problems with my internet and each time they fix it promptly. In fact the last time I needed Telstra for my phone line, I had the problem on Friday, the tech arrived in the afternoon, the satellite phone they were providing me whilst problem was fixed arrived on the Monday.

Not the cheapest but so easy to deal with.

Do anyone knows how long it takes to complete the trench? Will that be on our expense or it free from Telstra? Any idea how much it will cost us? No copper cable found.. I think we need to go with 3g/4g wireless. Will wait for the NBN Satellite, we heard it will be out soon within this year. Thanks guys for the replies.

Let's make the forum more active...

Who is your current provider NOW and how much you spend for land line and internet?

What do you enjoy most of the service that you have?

If there's one thing that you like to change or your unhappy with? what would it be?

What are you looking for your internet and home phone service?

Let's make the forum more active...

Who is your current provider NOW and how much you spend for land line and internet?

What do you enjoy most of the service that you have?

If there's one thing that you like to change or your unhappy with? what would it be?

What are you looking for your internet and home phone service?

1.TPG $59.99

2. Decent speeds (13mbps) - good price

3. nothing really?

4. Just good internet speed, not bothered about calls as i use skype. I stream tv so needs to be decent speed

just to add it's unlimited internet

1.TPG $59.99

2. Decent speeds (13mbps) - good price

3. nothing really?

4. Just good internet speed, not bothered about calls as i use skype. I stream tv so needs to be decent speed

just to add it's unlimited internet

That sounds like a good deal. We are with iinet, been with them years and they're good too. Line to house and phone service is with them too. We have unlimited ADSL2, phone line and handset, decent connection speeds, we've had a couple of problems with the land line the last couple of years and we have to call iinet and then they have to lodge a call with Telstra, as they still own the copper network. Took a couple of days to get each one fixed. One fault was in the house and one in a pit in the street. Neither of them cost us anything to get fixed and iinet gave us a refund for time we were without the phone. Costs us about $110 a month including calls.

For those in melbourne... I guess around frankston and then out west near point cook and whatnot... What sort of speeds do you get? I currently get around 100mbs from virgin (cabled) here in leicester but I've heard mixed things really and wasn't sure what to expect?

For those in melbourne... I guess around frankston and then out west near point cook and whatnot... What sort of speeds do you get? I currently get around 100mbs from virgin (cabled) here in leicester but I've heard mixed things really and wasn't sure what to expect?

I'm missing that speed from the UK( Market Harborough) here I only get about 16-18Mbs through telstra adsl 2+.

iprimus no worries adsl home bundle $95.45.....................200gig (no off/peak) line rental, free local and national calls and calls to mobiles

We're with iprimus, only been about 2 months but so far so good, great customer service. Our package is $99 per month 200gb free national and free calls to 10 international countries, which is obviously brilliantly for calling home to the uk. Had no problems so far and it's fast too we have adsl2+ :0)

Archived