Leave to remove case

Dreamy Fish

Hi

I didn't want to resort to asking on PIO but it's too big for me now and none of my friends have been through anything similar. I've tried the search option here and I've read most of the threads but now I need some advice from people who've been through a leave to remove case. I have pm'd a couple of people like Tracy123 and Shaznay (sp?) but not heard back so if anyone could nudge them

or if they see this, or anyone else who has been through this....please pm me as I can't publicly post.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

DF

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Dreamy fish, I hope you dont find me nosey but i wondered if you could offer some advise on what to prepare and what they ask in court ? Unfortunately i am also in the process in applying for a leave to remove for my son, and i have the first court hearing in a couple of weeks

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can I piggyback on the back of this thread.... I would love to hear from you dreamy fish, I am about to begin a leave to remove case. I have done a lot of research and just back from Australia which has confirmed my plans. Just daunted about the court process and would like some q's answered. Did you go it alone or have a solicitor?

• 1 year later...

Hi all

Sorry to bother everyone I am just posted on the two most recent leave to leave thread hoping for a reply

CAFCASS completed section 7 report two weeks ago and I am devastated.

She presented my exes lies allegations as facts without any and left out my ex abused me and was still displaying controlling and bullying behavior barely touching on it. Then to top it off my ex wont more out the property doesn’t help with the kids and she said we are both primary carers of the kids !!! I am beside myself and so worried I won’t get the leave to remove application based on her recommendations which was for the child to stay in the UK

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated I am beside myself

Hi all

Sorry to bother everyone I am just posted on the two most recent leave to leave thread hoping for a reply

CAFCASS completed section 7 report two weeks ago and I am devastated.

She presented my exes lies allegations as facts without any and left out my ex abused me and was still displaying controlling and bullying behavior barely touching on it. Then to top it off my ex wont more out the property doesn’t help with the kids and she said we are both primary carers of the kids !!! I am beside myself and so worried I won’t get the leave to remove application based on her recommendations which was for the child to stay in the UK

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated I am beside myself

That's a tough one. Are you both living in the same property together with the children? Naturally you would both be seen as primary carers.

legally he has no obligation to leave the property. Unless he's been removed due to other reasons, abuse etc, then I'd guess that was different as you'd have restraining orders in place. Financially, if you both own it, until your divorce is through and settled he has as much legal right to be there as you do.

Yes I understand and have sort legal advice regarding his rights to remain in the property and he is well within them. My question would would be surely by remaining in the property doesn't give you more parent responsibility over the children. Him remaining in the property and stating he is a primary carer is surely incorrect wouldn't this be up to the courts to decide.

I guess it works in his favour if he says he's staying there for their sake, whatever the reality is. If there is abuse, be it physical, emotional or financial, then that should be logged with the police and your lawyers, otherwise it's all hearsay. I feel for you and sympathise, I really do, but you have to take a step back and look at it from an outside view. At the end of the day the children need to be both your priority and not caught in the middle.

Yes the abuse has been recorded and threats made in front of the children. disappointing I am trying to play fair and all his dirty games are working turning the kids against me. I am sure the courts are fair and will follow the case law set. It would be up to the judge to state who is the primary simply not a case of not leaving the property

If your ex is abusive and makes threats in front of the children, why are you still living with him? Why wouldn't you have moved out?

From an outsider's perspective, it is obviously going to look like you are all living together as a family and you are both primary carers.

It's a tricky situation. You are not divorced yet from the sound of it.

Do you have a good job to come to here?

Have you found a good location with good schools?

Do you have a support network already set up in Australia for the children?

It's a tricky one as you all still live together and the children's Father has daily contact and can prove that. The best interests of the children will be considered..

You may well have to put your plans on hold and start creating a future there for yourself and your children first. Start with the finalising of the divorce and the separation of assets, the house etc. Then see what contact your ex maintains with the children.

At the moment it sounds like there is little in your favour, especially as a report has already been written against you.

Most of all, if you are in a dangerous situation, then you must get yourself and the children out of there. Hard of course, but necessary.

Archived