Urgent - Company gone into Liquidation whilst going from 457 to PR

AnthonyCronin123

Hello,

I arrived from overseas yesterday to find the locks changed and a liquidating company in the office. The company went into liquidation 2 days ago.

My partner and I have a 457 with 1 year left and understand i have 90 days to try and get another company to continue this sponsorship.

However, we are in the middle of PR sponsorship through the 186 stream.

The company nomination was approved and we've completed medicals and submitted my application last March. The company has paid for it all.

Is there anything that can be done to still alllow this PR Visa be processed? Would a migration Lawyer help?

Has anyone been in this situation? What was your experience? Did you manage to get it resolved?

Obviously i'm panicking a bit ATM and any urgent help would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony

It would be a very good idea to speak with a migration agent. As far as I know, you are obligated to advise DIBP that your employment has ended and I assume that would mean the PR is refused (but perhaps you'd be able to withdraw it to avoid a refusal). I've not been in this situation, so this is only an educated guess.

No i don't believe i'm on a Bridging Visa, i rang immi before i went overseas and they said there was no need to get one. The 186 application says pending online.

I rang both immi and an agent and they both basically said no.

Immi said - remove the application as the company is gone.

Agent Said - its pot luck as immi might look at it today and approve it and not look at the company being valid.

But, i thought i'd keep asking especially in case someone has had this happen to them and could offer insight.

Do Not contact immigration - as your 90 days starts as soon as they are notified - buy yourself some more time. I would definitely be contacting a good migration agent. ABA - Andre Burger or any of the agents that are on here - wrussell etc.

I think if immigration have said withdraw it that might be the best bet, seems a bit dodgy for an agent to advice you to take pot luck on the if immigration check the validity of the company or not, because that sounds like deception.