Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'lawyer or agent'.
Found 3 results
AnthonyCronin123 posted a topic in Visa ChatHello, I arrived from overseas yesterday to find the locks changed and a liquidating company in the office. The company went into liquidation 2 days ago. My partner and I have a 457 with 1 year left and understand i have 90 days to try and get another company to continue this sponsorship. However, we are in the middle of PR sponsorship through the 186 stream. The company nomination was approved and we've completed medicals and submitted my application last March. The company has paid for it all. Is there anything that can be done to still alllow this PR Visa be processed? Would a migration Lawyer help? Has anyone been in this situation? What was your experience? Did you manage to get it resolved? Obviously i'm panicking a bit ATM and any urgent help would be greatly appreciated. Anthony
Our family initially migrated to Australia from the UK on a 461 visa on the basis that I was married to a New Zealand citizen (family of four parents and son & daughter). the Visa was due to expire on the 28th Feb 2013. In 2012 my wife and myself were sponsored directly to permanent residency on a 856 and subsequently we got Citizenship Nov 2013. My Daughter got permanent residency due to De Facto relationship on the 22nd of March 2013 (Citizenship in progress) My son applied for 'other family' "remaining relative' BU835 on the 18th Jan 2013 and on the application he put that his sister was a permanent resident. (She didn't obtain perm residency until 22nd March 2013). His decision was based on the time it would take by immigration to get around to the paperwork! Obviously immigration refused his application on the basis that his sister was not a perm resident at the time of lodging the application. He was offered the option of a MRT to review and challenge the decision. This was held this afternoon, although sympathetic and acknowledging that my son now meets all the criteria required to obtain permanent residency her hands were tied and at the time of lodgement his sister was not a permanent and therefore inclined to uphold the immigration decision. She did say that we should consult a migration lawyer because there was multiple options available..... So what are they? 1. Direct appeal to Immigration lawyer? 2. Resubmit application for BU835? 3. Submit an application for a 461? 4 Do all three above? Any advice?
Hi, Am hoping to start the visa application process but have been recommended to use a lawyer or agent..or is it easier to do myself,or is it more successful if you use a lawyer/agent? Any information or recommendations would be great full. Thanks clare.:unsure: