If you had to pick one place in the UK...

Aunt Agatha

xxxxxxx hell!!

I hope the house you're selling isn't in Gateshead, you'll never get shot of it!

Last edited by noworriesmate; Today at 07:22 PM. Reason: removed really rude sweary word!

Apologies NWM, Its 'cos I'm from Gateshead! Right I'm away to lift some train lines up and I'll use more stars next time!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless your realy well off,and can afford to pay £500,000,for a house in the country there isn't any.And you still have to put up with the terrible weather.The Winter is even worse,perptual darkness from 3pm.Then there's the EU Rules and regulations,the UK follow what the EU dishes out to the letter.We live in A village in Tyne and wear.Theres rubbish lying arround everywhere,plastic bags blowing in the wind from hedges and trees,the locals call Asda Trees.I had forgot it rains so much,it hasn't stopped since we have been back 7 months ago.Only a few days of sunshine,the Brits then strip to the waist, when they get a glimse of any sunshine.it's realy funny,the TV warns everyone about UV rays in the 20 degree heat Next day it's like winter.If you have any real money leave it in your bank in Aus.As you won't get any interest on it here.In the North East,thieves are stealing Everything metal,even the railway lines,storm water drain lids,sewerage lids, Houses stripped of pipes,boilers,radiators,even the tiles off the roof,it's serious in Gateshead.Everyone has to do,what they think best,We are on our way back,as soon as we sell up.Yeah we thought things would be better if we got into our own house.WRONG.Sitting looking out the window,it's raining buckets.Can't watch TV as we saw most rubbish thats on 30 years ago.Everything is repeated,even the same day.And it costs £145p/a to watch.

It must must always be lovely weather in your house - you're a right little ray of sunshine!! :laugh:

I like so many of the places you have all mentioned and need to discover a few more. I love Bath but think we might be priced out of there - Bristol could be a good alternative for us.

My parents live in Tyne & Wear, last I heard they hadn't fallen down any manholes without covers! :lol:

Jasepom you can get a decent sized house for money, that's how it works ;-)

Guest The Pom Queen
The sooner XXX XX XXX,the better for everyone i think,what a XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX you are!

(edited by NWM - Let's just say I don't think Pablo thinks much of your post)

Pmsl Daniels editing makes it sound a lot worse than what it was and him being a vicar :elvis: :laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
Last edited by noworriesmate; Today at 07:22 PM. Reason: removed really rude sweary word!

Apologies NWM, Its 'cos I'm from Gateshead! Right I'm away to lift some train lines up and I'll use more stars next time!

:laugh: you devil you :laugh:

I just think England is way over priced for housing. You can't get a detached house for love or money there. If you find a place you have to compromise on size.

compared to australia is far cheaper and better quality houses.

Pmsl Daniels editing makes it sound a lot worse than what it was and him being a vicar :elvis: :laugh:

I thought that when I saw all the X's Haha! I had a giggle thinking about people trying to work out what Pabs had posted :laugh: I like NWM, he edits with humour! It's like being told off by the nice teacher! :)

:laugh: you devil you :laugh:

Well I was brought up in Hell! :laugh:

I just think England is way over priced for housing. You can't get a detached house for love or money there. If you find a place you have to compromise on size.

As opposed to Australia where they give it to you for free?. There you go, does that make you feel better Jase?

They're dirt cheap our way mate! Only a cool $mill for a reasonable size pad in my neck of the woods.

Y'see, waaaaay cheaper than the UK, virtually giving them away they are. It's just one of the many ways in which Australia is both cheaper and massively superior to the UK. In every way. Etc.

Lemons are a bit dear though aren't they?. Sorry, gotta find something to complain about :err:

Thats so right,Some posting on this sight just can't take the truth.If they think it's made up,it's not.They may not think it. But i Love the North East and it's people,Thats why i came back here.Thinking i would like to spend what life i have left,at my birth place.But thats not to be,i was selfish,my wife is not from the North and all our kids and grand kids are in Australia.I made a big mistake coming back here,what i remembered ,has gone Forever.About all the theiveing going on in Gateshead with drain covers ,manhole covers ect.That was told to me from the work men from Northumbrian Water, that came to put my Water Meter in.The Railway line theft was in the local paper. So Don't shoot the messanger.But then who cares,some arsxxxxxx on here, like to have a go at people whatever they say.

compared to australia is far cheaper and better quality houses.

You must be kidding. Average price in Oz is $550k which is about £250k. You can only get a Semi-detached house for that which has half the living space of your average Aussie home. English houses are much older too they need more maintenance.

You must be kidding. Average price in Oz is $550k which is about £250k. You can only get a Semi-detached house for that which has half the living space of your average Aussie home. English houses are much older too they need more maintenance.

I guess it depends if you live north or south of England

If we were to settle somewhere properly in the UK then probably Cornwell maybe st Ives or Crantock. I didn't mind harrogate and Otley when I lived in Yorkshire. We currently live in the south east and we like it here have good schools and London and Cambridge are accessible fairly easily.

Get a nice new 4 bed detached house for £250k where I used to live in Suffolk. Same floor space as Aus houses but just over 2 levels and build quality is not even comparable.

I worked from home in the UK and built a home office at the top of the garden and I used the same timbers/wall thickness as my current australian house BUT my office had a double glazed window and door and ALL the wall were plastered not just the joins. I will say however that a $550K house in Aus is slightly more achievable than a £250k house in the UK (for most anyway) BUT I would rather put my money in a UK house than an Aus built house. I just can bring myself to be over half a million dollars in debt with the bank for a 'house' thats built like they are.

Off topic I know Aunt Agatha but couldnt help but comment on this.

Back to it!

Chester

I think we had to say why ?.......for me manchester has it all ..glorious countryside 20 mins, international airport 20 mins, 1000s of bar, clubs and theatres, family and Man city !

Archived