Thank you

gtaylor30

Thank you very kindly, everyone that has taken the time to reply to me on here, encourage and advise. Without an agent, I got my direct grant today, and I couldn't be happier. I couldn't rightly not acknowledge the help given to me from here, so thank you one and all.

That's a really nice thing to do...say thanks.

so many don't, they grab all the info they can, then their off and running, never to be seen again.

i personally don't go near the migration posts, what I did know is now out of date.

but for the people that do help over and over again, they are worth their weight in gold for anyone struggling or needing a quick answer.

especially for those doing it without an agent, those answers are probably the difference in getting to Oz or not.

so a big :notworthy: to those that answer the posts

Guest The Pom Queen

Congratulations.jpg

Please stay around, we have lots of other information on the forum and maybe you can help share your experience with other newbies.

Congratulations.jpg

That's a really nice thing to do...say thanks.

so many don't, they grab all the info they can, then their off and running, never to be seen again.

i personally don't go near the migration posts, what I did know is now out of date.

but for the people that do help over and over again, they are worth their weight in gold for anyone struggling or needing a quick answer.

especially for those doing it without an agent, those answers are probably the difference in getting to Oz or not.

so a big :notworthy: to those that answer the posts

No worries. Places like this I'm sure prove invaluable to a great many people, certainly have to me. So yes, a big thank you to everyone I've come across, and also I should add the people that run the forum, it's a very good resource.

Please stay around, we have lots of other information on the forum and maybe you can help share your experience with other newbies.

I'll be sticking around, no fear. I've already tried to pass on some things I gleaned from the process, and will endeavor to continue doing so. I'll also no doubt still be needing advice as it ain't over yet for me. I actually have a pre-booked trip to Australia leaving this Saturday, so bizarrely I get to validate the visa almost immediately. What this very much does, is allow me to sit down and relax, and get things right in my head to come back home, hand in my notice and get everything prepared.

The deal now isn't about visas, skills assessments and paperwork, but about shipping, flights, money transfer, selling tat that I don't want to take, selling the car etc., and I'll have the three months of my notice period at work to do that, and get myself ready for a new life. Thanks again people, you continue to be invaluable.

Guest guest30085

Congrats on getting your visa, it really is a stressful process, then again so is preparing for the move. Enjoy your holiday :)

No worries. Places like this I'm sure prove invaluable to a great many people, certainly have to me. So yes, a big thank you to everyone I've come across, and also I should add the people that run the forum, it's a very good resource.

I'll be sticking around, no fear. I've already tried to pass on some things I gleaned from the process, and will endeavor to continue doing so. I'll also no doubt still be needing advice as it ain't over yet for me. I actually have a pre-booked trip to Australia leaving this Saturday, so bizarrely I get to validate the visa almost immediately. What this very much does, is allow me to sit down and relax, and get things right in my head to come back home, hand in my notice and get everything prepared.

The deal now isn't about visas, skills assessments and paperwork, but about shipping, flights, money transfer, selling tat that I don't want to take, selling the car etc., and I'll have the three months of my notice period at work to do that, and get myself ready for a new life. Thanks again people, you continue to be invaluable.

You sound just like the kind of person the forum needs. Plenty advice to be had on shipping, flights etc.

if you want a bit of light heartened banter...pop into the "what are you doing right now thread" or the "know one will care thread"

for me and others its a nice way for those that are already here, or those about to come to let of a bit of steam.

pop on by...it's a good laugh...as long as you aren't easily offended

fi xx

Congrats on getting your visa, it really is a stressful process, then again so is preparing for the move. Enjoy your holiday :)

I must admit, I never really felt stressed with it, and don't about sorting the rest out. Yes, certainly, the waiting... The ENDLESS (not quite, it's over) waiting is tough on your patience, but doable when it's something you really want. I just tried to be very meticulous as really, I didn't want to have wasted all that money if I'd screwed up something silly.

You sound just like the kind of person the forum needs. Plenty advice to be had on shipping, flights etc.

if you want a bit of light heartened banter...pop into the "what are you doing right now thread" or the "know one will care thread"

for me and others its a nice way for those that are already here, or those about to come to let of a bit of steam.

pop on by...it's a good laugh...as long as you aren't easily offended

fi xx

Thank you kindly. No, never been easily offended. In fact, generally more likely to offend, but in a good way ;)

Archived