We love it here but too expensive to settle!

Tomawa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh i've said on here many times before, don't need to say again.

What i said regarding the rain is correct, that's all that matters to me, i don't go sprouting bs like some on here

well if its correct you will not mind telling us wher you lived and live now unless you have something to hide.

PERTH ANNUAL RAINFALL 850.0 mm

33.5 in

STRATFORD UPON AVON ANNUAL RAINFALL

622.0 mm

24.5 in

Edited by Perthbum

I lived in glasgow 29 years and devon 2years..been in aus 10 months..in queensland now...it rains muuuuuuccccchhhh lesss..I cant believe how little it rains..where is the rain?! The lack of rain is why i love it here :)

:biglaugh:

QUEENSLAND ANNUAL RAINFALL 2,154 mm

QUEENSLAND ANNUAL RAINFALL 4,103.9

(161.571)

MANCHESTER ANNUAL RAINFALL

828.8 mm

Edited by Perthbum

Guest Guest 47403
have you ever lived in oz for a full 12 months...they have as have I, it rains a hell of a lot.

Read the link everyone knows it rains more mm/per year in most Oz cities but it's over less days.............whats the problem.

Had a very dry summer in Melbourne can't complain. April has been wet but mostly been raining overnight. Nothing like when I lived in London spent many a day walking to work where the freezing rain would come in sideways.

Average rainfall Melbourne 646 mm

Average rainfall Mamchester 806 mm

When it rains in Melbourne it really rains. The drops can be like bullets hitting you lol. So the rain comes thick and fast and clears pretty quickly. Which is why Melbourne gets flooded when it does rain. I lived in a house in Rowville opposite a reserve . After a heavy downpour the reserve turned into a river running past our house. It was also a storm catchment I realised but cool non the less.

Edited by jasepom

well if its correct you will not mind telling us wher you lived and live now unless you have something to hide.

PERTH ANNUAL RAINFALL 850.0 mm

33.5 in

STRATFORD UPON AVON ANNUAL RAINFALL

622.0 mm

24.5 in

What's important is not the amount of rain, but the number of rainy days. Rain in most parts of Australia tends to be heavier than in the UK - we don't get drizzle or light showers, if it rains it rains.

Unfortunately it's not easy to find reliable information on the number of rainy days for UK cities. I found one source that gave the 2013 figure for Stratford on Avon as 115.7 days and Perth, 114.

The other thing is that by picking and choosing your cities, it's possible to come up with comparisons that suggest otherwise. Just like anything - house prices, for instance. Results for individual cities vary widely and can be very different from the average overall.

Edited by Marisawright

poms love talking about the weather....try telling it rains a lot to the inland farmers....they,ve been thru a 10 year drought...that's why the cities are mainly around the coast...Sydney built a massive desalination plant and never used it...I know this is different subject but,Aussies waste so much water its not funny...