Epilators

blossom

Oh my days - I've just used an epilator for the first time today. Think I used every swear word I could think of then made some new ones up :laugh:

Some parts weren't too bad (back of legs) but, underarms - wowsers, they really brought tears to my eyes!

I've noticed my legs aren't as smooth as they would be after shaving though - think that might just be because some were too short so guess need to let them grow a bit then try again

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my days - I've just used an epilator for the first time today. Think I used every swear word I could think of then made some new ones up :laugh:

Some parts weren't too bad (back of legs) but, underarms - wowsers, they really brought tears to my eyes!

I've noticed my legs aren't as smooth as they would be after shaving though - think that might just be because some were too short so guess need to let them grow a bit then try again

@louisella Don't forget as well that the beauty of epilating over shaving and waxing is that you can epilate daily until the hair growth is on an even cycle and it takes longer for the hair to grow back. Make sure you use a good oil/cream afterwards with aloe vera to soothe.

@louisella Don't forget as well that the beauty of epilating over shaving and waxing is that you can epilate daily until the hair growth is on an even cycle and it takes longer for the hair to grow back. Make sure you use a good oil/cream afterwards with aloe vera to soothe.

That's what really appealed to me @MovingtoTasmania - I find with shaving my legs get quite dry so hoping this'll help. I forgot to get some aloe vera stuff yesterday but put bio oil on my legs stright after and they feel fine. Glad I did my legs before my underarms though as think I might have chickened out otherwise! Thankfully was home alone so only the cats were subject to the swearing :laugh:

I've had an old school epilator for a few years, not got a snazzy wet and dry one, but might upgrade one day.

I find it's great for the legs/bikini line etc... I CAN NOT do my underarms though. OH MY!!! Still just shave those. :/ couldn't live without mine now.

That's what really appealed to me @MovingtoTasmania - I find with shaving my legs get quite dry so hoping this'll help. I forgot to get some aloe vera stuff yesterday but put bio oil on my legs stright after and they feel fine. Glad I did my legs before my underarms though as think I might have chickened out otherwise! Thankfully was home alone so only the cats were subject to the swearing :laugh:

Take a couple of painkillers about 20 minutes beforehand next time and use the aloe vera massaging head for the underarm area @louisella

Take a couple of painkillers about 20 minutes beforehand next time and use the aloe vera massaging head for the underarm area @louisella

I don't have an aloe vera one with mine - I have a Braun one. I found moving my arm round to find different positions helped - must have looked a right prat though :laugh: the things we do hey :)