Epilators

blossom

@parleycross A lot of depilatory creams smell like cat's urine.

@blossom79 You remembered! The picture looks ace. What an exciting time for you! Did you ask about gender, or are you wanting a surprise? Seeing scan pictures always brings back to my mind how miraculous it is that we can carry tiny little humans inside us. Glad the epilator is working for you xx

Too early to see the gender, but I don't want to know anyway. We got a USB with videos, and I must say they videos are great. You can see him (I keep calling it a him) opening and closing his mouth, sneezing/hiccuping or similar, wiping his face. So cool. :-)

Today it's beginning to feel a bit more real, I think as I had to move to get baby to move I've suddenly become more aware of 'Ohhhh, I might wake him up' lol.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be appealing to a lady ?

No I don't think I could do it.

But having hair seems masculine, whereas being hair free is more feminine.

If you had a really hairy chest then some women prefer it completely smooth. Some think a hairy back is really gross, some don't like really hairy eyebrows. Everyone's different but I just don't see many guys going for a wax if their partner told them to :laugh:

I have heard that there is a thing called crack, back and sack which some of the guys get.

I have never been to one of those places.

Fortunately I'm not overly hairy either.

I dare you to go for one and come back and still say you want women to be completely hairless lol

@scottishstacey If you can live with the pain of waxing, then epilation is a doodle and yes, for @blossom79 It's so amazing isn't it when you first get to feel the baby move? I bet you can't wait to see her and hold her for the first time :wink:

well the first time I went for one I wanted to cry lol but after the second one it wasn't so bad

well the first time I went for one I wanted to cry lol but after the second one it wasn't so bad

Ah if you take 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen about half hour before hand, then it's not painful at all lol. I like having everywhere waxed too but the cost is a bit prohibitive compared to the epilator which I can just whip out nilly-willy so to speak whenever I like!

I am not surprised. I always get excited when people around me have babies because I love them so much (now I just sound like some saddo). They are so cute and tiny and smell so delicious and so cuddly. And watching them grow and develop personalities. Well, it won't be long before you do start feeling her/him move around and play football/practice ballet :biggrin:

I am not surprised. I always get excited when people around me have babies because I love them so much (now I just sound like some saddo). They are so cute and tiny and smell so delicious and so cuddly. And watching them grow and develop personalities. Well, it won't be long before you do start feeling her/him move around and play football/practice ballet :biggrin:

I've never been around babies. I've known for 9 weeks before the scan and only just getting excited now. Probably because I know he's in there and kicking now lol. Once he arrives I won't have a clue what to do! Luckily my other half has been through it once. :-)

I've never been around babies. I've known for 9 weeks before the scan and only just getting excited now. Probably because I know he's in there and kicking now lol. Once he arrives I won't have a clue what to do! Luckily my other half has been through it once. :-)

You will know exactly what to do, it's instinct. As long as you don't drop him/her...:wink:. Seriously, you will find that instinct takes over and you will take to motherhood like a duck to water. The first time you hold that baby in your arms, your heart will feel like it's going to burst and you'll feel exhausted but also suddenly wide awake with the adrenaline and all you will want to do is hold and cuddle the baby. Holding your baby for the first time is the most amazing feeling in the world, whether it's your first or your fifth. I think you'll be fine and if not, you can send baby to me to look after for you :biggrin:

Edited by MovingtoTasmania
missed out a vital word!!

You will know exactly what to do, it's instinct. As long as you drop him/her...:wink:. Seriously, you will find that instinct takes over and you will take to motherhood like a duck to water. The first time you hold that baby in your arms, your heart will feel like it's going to burst and you'll feel exhausted but also suddenly wide awake with the adrenaline and all you will want to do is hold and cuddle the baby. Holding your baby for the first time is the most amazing feeling in the world, whether it's your first or your fifth. I think you'll be fine and if not, you can send baby to me to look after for you :biggrin:

I need to stop reading these posts, I've been feeling broody the last few days since I was in next and saw the baby clothes!

I need to stop reading these posts, I've been feeling broody the last few days since I was in next and saw the baby clothes!

Stacey, I feel broody for 2 weeks out of 4. Not good when you've got 7 kids! I keep telling myself that I'm too old now and we've had all our children but I keep thinking of Priscilla Presley - she was older than me when she had a child. And Jane Seymour. And probably loads of other celebs too. But then I remember that they have heaps of money and live in nannies etc and reality bites again. Oh well.......

Stacey, I feel broody for 2 weeks out of 4. Not good when you've got 7 kids! I keep telling myself that I'm too old now and we've had all our children but I keep thinking of Priscilla Presley - she was older than me when she had a child. And Jane Seymour. And probably loads of other celebs too. But then I remember that they have heaps of money and live in nannies etc and reality bites again. Oh well.......

Wow 7 is lots! I could babysit lol that might get rid of any broody feelings haha. Usually when someone has a baby I'm like Aww but half an hour later I'm not that bothered. I prefer toddlers - they are funny! Maybe you could have one more?!

Wow 7 is lots! I could babysit lol that might get rid of any broody feelings haha. Usually when someone has a baby I'm like Aww but half an hour later I'm not that bothered. I prefer toddlers - they are funny! Maybe you could have one more?!

Babysit?!?! I bet some of my brood are older than you. In fact, I know they are because I remember you posting your age somewhere now and it's only early 20's lol. I only have two "little" ones, both girls, one is 8 and one is 9. The others are all of the male species and the youngest one of those is 19!! You can have him if you like?? :tongue:

I have two delightful little grandsons, one is 4 and the other is 16 weeks and the little boy next door is 2 and calls me "aunty" and comes to play with me a couple of times a week. In fact, he came over last night, refused to go in to his house and stood at my back gate shouting for me, until I let him in, cooked him some scrambled eggs and spent a nice 2 hours playing with him. His mum couldn't believe how at home he is in our house as she doesn't usually come in with him but just drops him off here. I'm lucky that I see one grandson every other weekend, as he comes to stay but the baby one lives quite a distance so don't see so much of him sadly.

Babysit?!?! I bet some of my brood are older than you. In fact, I know they are because I remember you posting your age somewhere now and it's only early 20's lol. I only have two "little" ones, both girls, one is 8 and one is 9. The others are all of the male species and the youngest one of those is 19!! You can have him if you like?? :tongue:

I have two delightful little grandsons, one is 4 and the other is 16 weeks and the little boy next door is 2 and calls me "aunty" and comes to play with me a couple of times a week. In fact, he came over last night, refused to go in to his house and stood at my back gate shouting for me, until I let him in, cooked him some scrambled eggs and spent a nice 2 hours playing with him. His mum couldn't believe how at home he is in our house as she doesn't usually come in with him but just drops him off here. I'm lucky that I see one grandson every other weekend, as he comes to stay but the baby one lives quite a distance so don't see so much of him sadly.

I'm almost 24 lol oh well the babysitting idea is out the window :laugh: if any of them are single you could set them up with me and I'll be your new daughter in law lol lucky you! :biggrin:

4 is a nice age! Lol sounds like you'll have a visitor often then. Shame you don't get to see your other grandson as often

Don't worry about that. I'd never ever even held a baby before I'd had my daughter. I didn't even particularly like babies:laugh: It all came very naturally and I'm not a naturally maternal person You'll be fine..