Britain set to bask in longest summer since 1910

Perthbum

Damn I'm going to miss the majority of it, hope it's a good one for you guys stuck in blighty :wubclub:

Think of us when you're freezing in Oz :wubclub:

And how many times again has the weather forecasters got it wrong....hmmm hangon...wasnt it only in the mid 80s that Hairspray CFCs were creating a mass ozone all over the world? As John Elliot would say...Pigs Arse..!

Guest Guest40285
It may get to 17, but by jeez it feels 10 times colder,lol. I know by July i will be whinging its too cold, i HATE winter, even though its dry its just to cold for me,lol Its crafty as well over here,lol, it sneaks up on you slowly, ive noticed this last few nights its gone cooler, i even had to put the Duvet back on the bed, you watch another few weeks and i will have to get the jeans and sweatshirts back out.. Bye Bye pool for a while too :(

Cal x

Geez Cal, I have had jeans on now for the last month, Girls been asking about lighting the fire soon, Im not that far south from you, haha

Dammit, I shouldn't do it to myself but checking the weather throughout last year London was warmer than Melbourne from May until December. Sounds like it'll be the same again, how annoying

I would hope so. You are comparing Melbourne's winter and spring to London's summer and autumn.

And how many times again has the weather forecasters got it wrong....hmmm hangon...wasnt it only in the mid 80s that Hairspray CFCs were creating a mass ozone all over the world? As John Elliot would say...Pigs Arse..!

CFCs from old fridges and spray cans were causing holes in the protective ozone layer though and action was taken and continues to be taken to combat it with measurable success. That has absolutely nothing to do with weather forecasts either. May have got your wires crossed there.

Have not read all the ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz but didn't the OP complain Perth was too hot so why does he want the UK hotter?

I think you will probably find that it is a different kind of heat :unsure:

Its three-month outlook says above average temperatures are 'favoured' for the UK for April, May and June.

Last month was the 15th sunniest March on record.

Average UK temperatures for April are around 11C and 16C in June, but last month thermometers were already showing 20C, suggesting a hot summer.

Its three-month outlook says above average temperatures are 'favoured' for the UK for April, May and June.

Last month was the 15th sunniest March on record.

Average UK temperatures for April are around 11C and 16C in June, but last month thermometers were already showing 20C, suggesting a hot summer.

March 2013 was the coldest since 1962 and the second coldest since 1910. The weather in March clearly is not an accurate precursor for determining what the following summer will be like.

I think you will probably find that it is a different kind of heat :unsure:

It sure is Andy. I was sweating buckets last year in the UK when it was only mid 20's, here it can be 35 degrees and about the same sweatyness. Nowhere near as much humidity here.

what would the British do without the weather conversations??sets them apart from many other cultures/countries...good ice breaker as they say...or is it just the climate....probably why we loved to explore and plant the flag on other peoples soil....

I would hope so. You are comparing Melbourne's winter and spring to London's summer and autumn.

indeed. i follow the weather fairly closely and it's correct that essentially London will be warmer than Melbourne on most days (not all) between mid May to mid September - about 4 months of the year.

Even so, there will be a fair few days when Melbourne is warmer in the depths of winter than London in July - last winter's July daytime average high in Melb was 16 degrees, with lots of days reaching 18-19.

There are plenty of English summer days which fail to reach 20 degrees. Certainly where my family is from in the North of England, average summer daytime highs are quite similar to Melbourne winter days at around 16-17 degrees with overnights of 8-11, even in summer. I think lots of immigrants to oz quickly forget how cool the UK can be even in summer. London has a pretty warm climate compared to the rest of the uk.

by early September solar UV is starting to hit around 5 in Melbourne which is similar to an English summer's day even though it is only early spring.

Archived