VPN access in Australia for uk tv

davidtiffen

Hi

does anyone know the best VPN website to get uk television such as bbc iplayer in Australia.

thanks, I know it is a shame we come here and want uk tv, but wife is at home a lot and wants her favourites to watch

I have used ACEvpn for 2 years now and have had no problems. $60 a year. I tried the free ones but didn't find them as reliable.

PureVPN is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a secure and reliable VPN Provider.

We would Recommend PureVPN for most users, especially if your main usage is browsing, video/music streaming (such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer) or traveling internationally.

If you had the sense to word your reply differently it wouldn't be quite so obvious that it's an advert

Is this legal? I thought you had to be a UK resident with a TV licence to use BBC iPlayer?

In theory, if you try it tells you you can't

VPN seems a grey area

You tube has lots of UK program's if you're desperate

Not bothered any more

In theory, if you try it tells you you can't

VPN seems a grey area

You tube has lots of UK program's if you're desperate

Not bothered any more

+1 for hola, its free (ad supported) and seems to work pretty well, before that I paid for ublockus and before that hideipvpn which were ok too. Don't use it much anymore as I love Australian TV so much :laugh:

Is this legal? I thought you had to be a UK resident with a TV licence to use BBC iPlayer?

It's a bit of a legal loophole because you do not need a tv licence if you do not own a TV. Many people these days do not own a TV and watch TV on catchup via the many channels different services iPlayer, ITV Player and 4oD solely on their computer.

Foxtel seems to show plenty of Pommie shows, including a dedicated channel - 'UK TV', plus plenty of lifestyle shows, although I don't have that package any more. I do get some of the old shows on 'Fox Classics', and Sky News UK overnight from 0030.

My advice is to forget about UK TV you're in Australia now. But if you must watch them it's easier to download the shows for those 'must watch only-available in uk' shows. You'll need a Peer2Peer client like Azure and then you can find them on a sharing site such as utorrent. Using VPN

is also good if you can stream.

The only Uk tv show that I actually missed enough to go to the trouble of downloading it was 'I'm a celebrity get me out if here'.

Lots of Uk shows make it to freetoair TV here. Thinking of :-

Downton Abbey

Bargain Hunt

Top Gear

Doctor Who

What exactly does she miss ? Lifestyle shows are plentiful here and you can get into your backyard blitz.

Archived