Feeling fed up in perth..?

paul1977

Is that because you've acclimatised ? Yesterday it got down to 16c at 4 in the morning. In Scotland wouldn't that be summer temps?

I think partly they find it cold is due to them becoming acclimatized, however, most people will admit that the houses in Perth are not built for the winter nights.

When I lived in Perth, it got bloody cold in the house at night in the winter, and I personally found it harder to deal with that, than being bundled up in my nice warm house in a Canadian winter.

But I must admit, I do miss being in Perth.

Cheers

Karen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that because you've acclimatised ? Yesterday it got down to 16c at 4 in the morning. In Scotland wouldn't that be summer temps?

I think partly they find it cold is due to them becoming acclimatized, however, most people will admit that the houses in Perth are not built for the winter nights.

When I lived in Perth, it got bloody cold in the house at night in the winter, and I personally found it harder to deal with that, than being bundled up in my nice warm house in a Canadian winter.

But I must admit, I do miss being in Perth.

Cheers

Karen

Absolutely identify with a lot of what she said. A couple of things reminded my of a time last year when I was getting back into my car after paying for my petrol (looking forward to the ultra high-tech convenience of Pay-at-pump when we get home) and saw a charming barefoot (obviously) young man getting out of his car with the plate "PANTYDROPPA". Now that is class!

I love pay at pump stations - do this all the time now - there are stations that do it

Until you move here you dont know what your talking about. Winters are pretty dire here in Perth. Houses arent built for chilly nights etc.. there drafty, cold etc.. All people have is crappy electric radiators or fan type gas fires. pretty rubbish really especially as its colder for longer than its too hot

I love pay at pump stations - do this all the time now - there are stations that do it

I know, I was very excited when our local station got one the other week. However when I put my card in I had to pre-select an amount (in 10s) which was no use as I wanted to fill the tank. I assumed it would be like in the UK where you can fill up to any amount up to a set limit. So I ended upi having to go inside to pay anyway...

I know, I was very excited when our local station got one the other week. However when I put my card in I had to pre-select an amount (in 10s) which was no use as I wanted to fill the tank. I assumed it would be like in the UK where you can fill up to any amount up to a set limit. So I ended upi having to go inside to pay anyway...

There's a bit to enter any amount - I tend to fill up when the needle is at the same place so always put in $50 or $60 ... if you don't spend that much it just charges you for the fuel taken.

There's a bit to enter any amount - I tend to fill up when the needle is at the same place so always put in $50 or $60 ... if you don't spend that much it just charges you for the fuel taken.

We couldn't see an option to enter any amount...will have another look next time I fill up

Aye 16c at 4am in the morning could very well be summer in Scotland. I think the weather sounds fine, but what about the rain, please god tell me it doesn't rain like in Scotland??

Nothing like Scotland at all. Perth just went about 120 days without rain up until a couple of weeks ago. It can hammer down in winter but it is needed then. Don't let people on here tell you that the rain is worse as I can genuinely tell you that that is a lot of crap!!

Nothing like Scotland at all. Perth just went about 120 days without rain up until a couple of weeks ago. It can hammer down in winter but it is needed then. Don't let people on here tell you that the rain is worse as I can genuinely tell you that that is a lot of crap!!

What do you mean people make things up/exaggerate really? :laugh::wink:

The rain isn't as bad as in Scotland, but in the winter I have never been so cold indoors as this before in my life!! The temperature gets no where as cold as in Scotland, but can get chilly at night and it feels like you may as well be sitting outside. The quality of houses is really poor. No insulation, no double glazing (every rental we've been in has gaps in window frames so they may as well be left open), open plan areas that are really difficult to heat. Once you do manage to get it warm the heat vanishes the instant you switch the heater off. I am really not looking forward to our first winter in this rental as when I lie in bed and look at the corner of the room where the wall reaches the ceiling I can see sunlight! Can't decide which is worse - this or the fact that it gets like an oven in here during the summer!

I can't understand why the houses are built in a way you do feel the cold in them for the reasons mentioned. Our rental was a new build and draughty as hell. Gaps under the front door, single glazing and what they call single skinned walls or something like that. Basically they are not built for the cold. Having said that, I don't think that particular house was built for the summer either as the upstaires would turn into an oven in the summer, really bloody hot. It does get cold and the temperatures are all relative as you acclimitise I think. If you having hot summers your gonna feel that much colder when the temperatures dip. I don't know why they just don't wise up to the fact it does get cold there in the winter. It's a fact...

In your opinion then guys, where do you think has the best overal or average weather in oz??

Autumn, Winter, Spring = Brisbane

One of the other cities can win summer

Archived