Resurrection - back from the dead TV

wolvesaussie

Is Resurrection going to be the best TV show ever?? Channel 7 would make you think so, i have never known something to be advertised so much, that power of love song is stuck in my head now... lets hope its not a big let down

You can't fail being exposed to the trailer. But I think the storyline is a bit thin. Either they accept their son has been resurrected or they don't. Obviously one parent will, one won't, but spinning it out over several episodes looks a bit tiresome.

Nowhere near as exciting as the "television first" of Home and Away being shot in London. A soap opera being filmed against the backdrop of Englands' capital. Why didn't we think of that before? I bet there's a red telephone box in every scene.....

It does seem interesting from the ad.

The trouble with most of these shows is they can't sustain the interest for a full season or multiple seasons.

I remember with Lost I thought it looked great from the ads but lost interest after a few episodes.

Some of these things would make a good movie but not a tv series.

It does seem interesting from the ad.

The trouble with most of these shows is they can't sustain the interest for a full season or multiple seasons.

I remember with Lost I thought it looked great from the ads but lost interest after a few episodes.

Some of these things would make a good movie but not a tv series.

But at least with Lost they had a range of characters and mysteries to draw on. This story is going top centre on the boy, his parents and the FBI agent who fills in the narrative.

But at least with Lost they had a range of characters and mysteries to draw on. This story is going top centre on the boy, his parents and the FBI agent who fills in the narrative.

Actually, it doesn't just centre around the boy. Won't give away anything, but there is more to this series than just the boy. Watch and see.

Cheers

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

tell you what, if you want to watch some great telly and have access to 4OD in the UK via whatever you use, you need to check out 'Utopia', its a one off of 6 episodes and will blow you away. Also, 'My Mad Fat Diary' (E4, both series 1 and 2, its set in the 90's and has awesome soundtrack), and all four series of 'Misfits'.

Is Resurrection going to be the best TV show ever?? Channel 7 would make you think so, i have never known something to be advertised so much, that power of love song is stuck in my head now... lets hope its not a big let down

I think it's a poorly made knock off of a French made one shown on channel4 in the U.K.Which was really good unlike this American made one. Same story pretty much.

I find that the adverts for programmes are much better than the programmes themselves. Aussie telly is generally not worth watching.

That's usually because it's full of American dross. If you avoid those shows there are some quite good ones on. Enjoyed Love Child that had the last episode this week. That's what I like about Aussie and English series, they generally have a good storyline, a beginning, middle and end to each series.

Not just start off with a bang then run for months getting more stupid and far fetched each episode, which seems to be run of the mill for American shows. Used to think Revenge was good and it probably would have been OK if it had gone for about 10 episodes with a conclusion. It's got more and more stupid with some serious overacting from all characters. Stopped watching it a long time ago.

My youngest watched resurrection and said it was good. Lets hope the Americans know when to end this one.

Archived