189 March 2014 lodge gang

No fair. There must be something going on I'd assume, just no idea what. At least with it in your case, you have gone through an agent. If it'd been my case, I'd be climbing the walls thinking I'd screwed it up and wasted all the money doing something stupid. At least with an agent all the stuff should be spot on and it'll unfortunately just take whatever time it'll take.
I am just wondering I it's to do with coming to the end of a year, were new year starts off July 1st other than that have no idea what the hold up is!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danielle we are waiting too - our agent said things slow down at the end of the year and she doesnt expect much to happen before 1st July :-(

At least were not the only ones & people know how were feeling. The wait is horrible but at least your agent is straight, ours keeps saying I'd expect it any day now :( but in my own mind this far of the wait I've after July 1st too! Had hoped to be there by now but sure what can ya do, will be a relief for us all when we hear the news hey?

You're lucky to hear from your agent........ I've totally given up until the 1st July. What more can we do? What happens if we don't hear on the 1st?? Back in the queue, I suppose. Our life is on hold (ie forward planning etc), weird really....living a parallel life, and it's driving me up the wall but I know I just have to be patient. Just hoping the agent has done her job properly........

Good lucks, guys, stay positive:smile:x

You're lucky to hear from your agent........ I've totally given up until the 1st July. What more can we do? What happens if we don't hear on the 1st?? Back in the queue, I suppose. Our life is on hold (ie forward planning etc), weird really....living a parallel life, and it's driving me up the wall but I know I just have to be patient. Just hoping the agent has done her job properly........

Good lucks, guys, stay positive:smile:x

oh sorry to hear your still waiting, at least with your case officer allocated I am sure they have requested everything they need to process yours when they can, we still don't know if ones allocated for us so we could be left waiting longer if they request an further docs! It's the unknown

& living in limbo thats driving us up the walls too. Huge celebrations to be had when the news arrives

Here's what I know. I have a similar timeline to Dannielle24

I didnt get any emails about CO allocation. So I called them and from the conversation, I'm assuming:-

• Recently the "process" has changed. No more CO for individual application. Its all done by the whole team'.
  • If you get an information request, they will wait for the whole 28 day period, before they action your case file. Even though you have uploaded all the documents:err:, and ask them to proceed , without further input. I would suggest everyone to front-load, or face a 28 day delay. This is confirmed by a case officer. I'm thinking, they will mark our case file for 28 days and will pop-up in their queue, once 28 days are up.
  • My evisa page has not been updated, ever since application, so i'm assuming this is standard in the new setup, no surprise there.
  • 190's are delayed till next program year, there is no hold up on 189 applications though
  • If you send an email, they'll take a week and half to respond. May even not respond at all

Dannielle24, I believe your case has been allocated to a team, if you have not received any communication from any GSM team's, try calling.

bytheway, My team is brisbane T33.

Wife and I have our Medicals tomorrow.. VERY nervous... The is the last thing we need so if it all goes wrong tomorrow we'll be gutted (and out of pocket a lot of cash). We have a few medical concerns that I'm hoping they don't flag up.

Wish us luck....

Benn

When you say 28 days do you mean they won't do anything until 28 days after they ask for documents or after documents are uploaded?

Hi rossco2810, its from the date they issued an information request letter.

Wife and I have our Medicals tomorrow.. VERY nervous... The is the last thing we need so if it all goes wrong tomorrow we'll be gutted (and out of pocket a lot of cash). We have a few medical concerns that I'm hoping they don't flag up.

Wish us luck....

good luck I am sure you will be fine!

Here's what I know. I have a similar timeline to Dannielle24

I didnt get any emails about CO allocation. So I called them and from the conversation, I'm assuming:-

• Recently the "process" has changed. No more CO for individual application. Its all done by the whole team'.

• If you get an information request, they will wait for the whole 28 day period, before they action your case file. Even though you have uploaded all the documents:err:, and ask them to proceed , without further input. I would suggest everyone to front-load, or face a 28 day delay. This is confirmed by a case officer. I'm thinking, they will mark our case file for 28 days and will pop-up in their queue, once 28 days are up.

• My evisa page has not been updated, ever since application, so i'm assuming this is standard in the new setup, no surprise there.

• 190's are delayed till next program year, there is no hold up on 189 applications though

• If you send an email, they'll take a week and half to respond. May even not respond at all

Dannielle24, I believe your case has been allocated to a team, if you have not received any communication from any GSM team's, try calling.

bytheway, My team is brisbane T33.

Hi Benm, Thnx for your post. Do you think we should upload form 80 beforehand or wait for it to be requested?

Edited by enida

Hi Benm, Thnx for your post. Do you think we should upload form 80 beforehand or wait for it to be requested?

Form 80 is not a mandatory document. It does not appear on the checklist anyways, People have been granted visa's without one. Use your judgement, if you have the time to spare, go ahead. No harm done

Form 80 is not a mandatory document. It does not appear on the checklist anyways, People have been granted visa's without one. Use your judgement, if you have the time to spare, go ahead. No harm done

Thank you. Good luck with your grant.

So allocation date has been moved to the 3rd of march, next update expected mid July looks like more waiting for us, 3 months tomorrow since lodgement & no contact it's torture not knowing what's happening.

Perhaps tomorrow will be your day, because my visa was granted after exactly three month from lodgement.

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie on this forum.

Here is my timeline... still waiting and I am a February lodger! Sick with worry and waiting now....just want some news. I am with Team 8 in Adelaide which apparently rather slow...Hoping for good news so I feel your pain Danielle24. Checking my emails every two mins:(

Solicitor: EOI: 22/02/2014 - Invitation to Apply: 23/02/2014 - Visa Lodged (189): 24/02/2014 - CO Assigned, Medicals & Form 80 requested: 30 March 2014 (Team 8 Adelaide) - Medicals: 04/04/2014 - Form 80: 10/04/2014 - Visa Grant: ???

Thanks Dannielle!!! I lodged 29th March and our medicals and police checks were uploaded early May. The only time i was contacted by a co was advising me to give more information for proof of relationship with my bf. Really hope you hear something soon.