189 March 2014 lodge gang

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, agent hasn't said anything about been assigned a case officer do they normally tell you does anyone know ?

I don't know, I would guess that would depend on the agent. I can only assume that once a CO is assigned, if like me you aren't using an agent, that you get emailed.

I don't know, I would guess that would depend on the agent. I can only assume that once a CO is assigned, if like me you aren't using an agent, that you get emailed.

Oh we will have no idea unless case officer wants more info or we get a direct grant I spose then, :-/ bored of waiting already, I'd just like to know what's happening!

Oh we will have no idea unless case officer wants more info or we get a direct grant I spose then, :-/ bored of waiting already, I'd just like to know what's happening!

I know exactly what you mean. When PIO did that web chat thingy last week or whenever it was, I asked the migration agent what the process is. They told me that communication is entirely dependent on the particular agent in question, i.e. some contact you, some don't etc., some will happily email, some won't, I guess that makes sense.

Hi gtaylor30,

Do you have any communications from DIBP, I too have a timeline similar to you, and am figuring a CO allocation by around 30 days.

Hi benm. I've had no communication to date whatsoever. I am trying to be patient, knowing that it's Easter, school holidays, and there's even a public holiday there on Friday. So, there's a fair chance things could be a week or two behind. Just surmising things really. I had hoped to have had contact by now, as tomorrow marks it being over a month for me, but it isn't to be it seems. Still, a week or two won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

Hi benm. I've had no communication to date whatsoever. I am trying to be patient, knowing that it's Easter, school holidays, and there's even a public holiday there on Friday. So, there's a fair chance things could be a week or two behind. Just surmising things really. I had hoped to have had contact by now, as tomorrow marks it being over a month for me, but it isn't to be it seems. Still, a week or two won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

I am also waiting for quite sometime now. I submitted my application on 18-March and also front loaded all the documents. No CO contact yet. I have been active on other forums as well and saw a few grants coming in in last 2 days. But it seems to be a bit slow since last week. I think that the holidays might be one of the reasons. i will wait for another 2-3 weeks before i give DIBP a call as it will be 8-9 weeks by then.

So, the only real success story for March has been piyuyawa, who I believe got the invite late Feb and applied early March.

Ya. As I have been communicating with people on ExpatForum Australia Forum which is more active and quite a lot of 189 Grants have come in in last 3 days.

Can you remember what their signatures where like when they were lodged?

Ya Most of them have lodged their application between 24 Feb to 14 March. I lodged mine on 18th March and I haven't seen any grant yet for anyone who applied after 18 March. Though many of the people who applied after e have got CO allocated and CO has requested them for Medicals, PCC etc. which in my case is not needed as I front loaded all my documents. Also last 2 weeks have had a few holidays which might have slowed down the process.

189 | 263111 | IELTS: 12/10/13, All : 7+ | ACS Submitted: 12/11/13, Result: +ve 07/02/14 | EOI (60 Points): 14/02/14 | Invite: 24/02/14 | Visa Lodged: 18/03/14 | PCC: 21/03/14 | Medicals: 22/03/14 | All Docs Front Loaded: 01/04/14 | CO Allocated: noidea.gif | Grant: fingerscrossed.gif

PR4Oz.com = Step-Wise INFO on Migrating to Australia. Very Informative Site.

Ya Most of them have lodged their application between 24 Feb to 14 March. I lodged mine on 18th March and I haven't seen any grant yet for anyone who applied after 18 March. Though many of the people who applied after e have got CO allocated and CO has requested them for Medicals, PCC etc. which in my case is not needed as I front loaded all my documents. Also last 2 weeks have had a few holidays which might have slowed down the process.

189 | 263111 | IELTS: 12/10/13, All : 7+ | ACS Submitted: 12/11/13, Result: +ve 07/02/14 | EOI (60 Points): 14/02/14 | Invite: 24/02/14 | Visa Lodged: 18/03/14 | PCC: 21/03/14 | Medicals: 22/03/14 | All Docs Front Loaded: 01/04/14 | CO Allocated: noidea.gif | Grant: fingerscrossed.gif

I will keep my eye out for your grant post, :) were not far behind you, we lodged ours 26th of march, & have medicals and police clearance uploaded also, only thing we haven't is the new form 80 case officers seem to be asking for as out agent said we not too until asked & he'd have to do it as he's acting on our behalf, but we do have them filled out if needed!

It's annoying waiting :(

I'm personally thinking that there's a chance we do have CO's allocated, but as it appears all documents are front loaded, then they may be assessing everything. There might be no need to actually contact us in these circumstances, so it may be that we either get a direct grant, or asked for something further later, once all the documents have been checked and so on.

I will keep my eye out for your grant post, :) were not far behind you, we lodged ours 26th of march, & have medicals and police clearance uploaded also, only thing we haven't is the new form 80 case officers seem to be asking for as out agent said we not too until asked & he'd have to do it as he's acting on our behalf, but we do have them filled out if needed!

It's annoying waiting :(

I must admit, I'd personally (as I have) want to front load form 80. I'm sure I've read several times that if it's requested, they can take a couple of weeks checking it out, so it's better to front load it if you have a mind to do it anyway. I ummed and ahhed about trying to get away with not doing it at all, but decided to go for it as at least it was some positive action I could be taking rather than sitting on my thumbs waiting.

I'm personally thinking that there's a chance we do have CO's allocated, but as it appears all documents are front loaded, then they may be assessing everything. There might be no need to actually contact us in these circumstances, so it may be that we either get a direct grant, or asked for something further later, once all the documents have been checked and so on.

I must admit, I'd personally (as I have) want to front load form 80. I'm sure I've read several times that if it's requested, they can take a couple of weeks checking it out, so it's better to front load it if you have a mind to do it anyway. I ummed and ahhed about trying to get away with not doing it at all, but decided to go for it as at least it was some positive action I could be taking rather than sitting on my thumbs waiting.[/quote

I haven't got the password to our immi a/c & as I already asked case officer for it & to upload form 80 I don't really want it to be seen going behind his back, we had the old form filled in anyway so hoping that's enough! Only a matter of scanning it anyway if requested, it's out of my control :(

I haven't got the password to our immi a/c & as I already asked case officer for it & to upload form 80 I don't really want it to be seen going behind his back, we had the old form filled in anyway so hoping that's enough! Only a matter of scanning it anyway if requested, it's out of my control :(

Fair enough. I'm going without an agent, so can be a little paranoid about making sure everything is just so.

Fair enough. I'm going without an agent, so can be a little paranoid about making sure everything is just so.

Oh I understand, I am the same even with the agent I just wish he'd have uploaded it as I asked but what can I do, he said not too, :( I'd rather not be asked for anything more off a case officer love a direct grant :)

Oh I understand, I am the same even with the agent I just wish he'd have uploaded it as I asked but what can I do, he said not too, :( I'd rather not be asked for anything more off a case officer love a direct grant :)

I am guessing that if they need something else, they contact you, if not, they don't until decision time. So, yes, hoping for a direct grant, but I'd rather they let you know whether it's even being looked at at all or still in someone's pile as they depart for a month's holiday to Bora Bora.

I am guessing that if they need something else, they contact you, if not, they don't until decision time. So, yes, hoping for a direct grant, but I'd rather they let you know whether it's even being looked at at all or still in someone's pile as they depart for a month's holiday to Bora Bora.

Amen to that :)

Amen to that :)

Ya let's hope things move fast. I would also recommend Form 80 submission as I believe it is needed for most of the countries. No harm in providing information upfront as it builds up trust with CO if you are ready to share the information without request.

Ya let's hope things move fast. I would also recommend Form 80 submission as I believe it is needed for most of the countries. No harm in providing information upfront as it builds up trust with CO if you are ready to share the information without request.

We have it filled out if requested as our case officer said not too upload it, it would be him who would have to do it as he's acting on our behalf, so we can't upload it, :( I hope I see some march gang rolling with grants this week

Hey guys, Ive been lurking on the forum while anticipating the good news. I just got my grant today and im over the moon. Goodluck everyone.

Anzsco Code: Telecom Engineer

Eoi Jun 2013, Invite 23 March 2014 Lodged 24th March Medicals Uploaded: 14th Apr CO assigned 16th Apr Police Clearance uploaded 17th April 2014

GRANT:Apr 28th 2014

Hey guys, Ive been lurking on the forum while anticipating the good news. I just got my grant today and im over the moon. Goodluck everyone.

Anzsco Code: Telecom Engineer

Eoi Jun 2013, Invite 23 March 2014 Lodged 24th March Medicals Uploaded: 14th Apr CO assigned 16th Apr Police Clearance uploaded 17th April 2014

GRANT:Apr 28th 2014

great news, huge congrats :)