Perth Is Not A Hipster Paradise In Case Someone Didn't Know

flag of convenience

I absolutely agree with all of this except the private group. So many people wanting or thinking of coming here may visit this site. If they can't see the positives they may only see the ridiculous untruths that many come out with. Long gone are the days when it was just people who had a genuine and relevant bad experience on here. I'm naming no names but some peoples behaviour over recent weeks I think are bordering on creepy. And it isn't often I get creeped out.

Actually I was joking about the group, but can't do Smiley's on the tablet ... I think were made of sterner stuff. I really don't mind if people don't like it, and respect their experience, I don't always feel that is reciprocal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881

I agree with balance and all that, but to just keep knocking the place is stupid, we keep hearing of others moaning about how they are sick of other places being 'knocked' but in my opinion they can be knocked because those knockers have lived it, the ones who just knock here for the sake of it are losers in my opinion.

I agree with balance and all that, but to just keep knocking the place is stupid, we keep hearing of others moaning about how they are sick of other places being 'knocked' but in my opinion they can be knocked because those knockers have lived it, the ones who just knock here for the sake of it are losers in my opinion.

That's a lot of knockers! :wink:

I can't find you quote to reply to Paul...

but of course you are part of our merry band, you Didnt come to the meet...you give your reasons (beforehand)

But ...if you would let us, I know once Lindor comes back off hols, we would be up for a meet with you, maybe some of the others aswell.

Leave it with you...your choice of venue..:smile:

Guest Guest66881
I can't find you quote to reply to Paul...

but of course you are part of our merry band, you Didnt come to the meet...you give your reasons (beforehand)

But ...if you would let us, I know once Lindor comes back off hols, we would be up for a meet with you, maybe some of the others aswell.

Leave it with you...your choice of venue..:smile:

Just you two would be more than enough mate:wink:

Guest Guest66881
:dull: Helloooo....

I knew you would cough:wink: three is better but i don't want to sound greedy or fit:swoon:

Isn't hip a state of mind...if you have to ask yourself if somewhere is hip it probably means you're not looking in the right places or hangin with the right dudes.

Lots of dudes in Perth....damn hip...and lots of hot hip dudettes wearing hipsters too..

Guest Guest 47403

Well this thread didn't quite turn into the hate campaign it was intended did it.....................................

You lot a well out of order taking it off topic :wink::cool:

I'm not commenting on perth because I haven't been but I've noticed some people say that it's dullsville and everybody goes to sleep at 9pm and there's nothing for young people like my age then other people complain that places like northridge (did I get the name right?) are full of drunk people etc... So which is it lol

I'm not commenting on perth because I haven't been but I've noticed some people say that it's dullsville and everybody goes to sleep at 9pm and there's nothing for young people like my age then other people complain that places like northridge (did I get the name right?) are full of drunk people etc... So which is it lol

Aha...youre seeing the contradictions...

Everything above is mostly incorrect...Perth is only the dullsville you make of it..if you are dull in the first place...

.... maybe on weekends in northbridge you will encounter drinkers, umm well no different to the outside of any district that has pubs..and clubs...but unlike downtown LA you might not get shot at..

....and on weekends you will see families eating out in the restaurants on francis st..... students and late night hunger hipsters hang out til the wee hours..yes on any weeknight the roe st chinatown dishes out food until 2am..

Those that go to bed at 9pm...well my kids do...

I know me and mr Tonyman are known to be up to 1.30 most nights

When you coming Stacey to check out that Perth is really not Dullsville?? I am sure you would love it!

Hopefully the end of this year. I'll give a report from the view of a 24 year old lol although I am a little on the boring side these days so maybe it'll be too exciting for me :biggrin:

Hopefully the end of this year. I'll give a report from the view of a 24 year old lol although I am a little on the boring side these days so maybe it'll be too exciting for me :biggrin:

I know I dont know much but a lot of this 'oooh this place is so last year/unhip/blah blah' is just bullshit pretension isnt it? Who 'decides' how cool a place is...a savvy advertising campaign can make anything look cool. Cool is in the eye of the beholder.

Archived