Fish and chips up 40%

Guest Guest66881

Yeah I asked the wife and she said we used to pay 6 or 7 quid.

It's not really what you would call cheap. I'm not even a big fan of it so if I do have one on the rare occasion then I usually share one with someone. I've saw people on here before saying their fish and chips were cheaper, maybe Scotland is a rip off lol

Guest Guest 47403
I can feel my arteries hardening just looking at that British fish and chips.

Unfortunately most popular British food does tend to be unhealthy.

It's not really what you would call cheap. I'm not even a big fan of it so if I do have one on the rare occasion then I usually share one with someone. I've saw people on here before saying their fish and chips were cheaper, maybe Scotland is a rip off lol

In Helensburgh its £5.50 for a supper but thats with two pieces of fish. I don't know where people are getting these crazy prices from ha.

Can you get grilled fish in the UK.

I like my fish grilled, with just a bit of batter or preferably just in flour and chips in nice fresh oil.

We do have a great fish and chip shop near us.

I pay about $8 for a fish and chips for 1 person here. It is the fish that is expensive. I have grilled flake, which is actually gummy shark. Delicious.

I can feel my arteries hardening just looking at that British fish and chips.

I'm not sure Fish and Chips is worse than a lot of other popular takeaway food tbh Parley,.i'm no expert on health and nutrition,i eat what i want in the main,but from what bit i do know,fat/oil that isnt hot enough is one problem,"hot" oil should just seal food shouldn't it? not "soak in",rare i eat chips,but i prefer my own tbh,cut dead thick so only the outside gets crispy,and i use really hot oil,honestly dont seem that greasy at all tbh

http://www.greatbritishfishandchips.co.uk/page8.htm

Misleading article. Yes, Fish and Chips is far from the "cheap" take away meal it once was - for two of us 2 x standard Cod and standard Chips rounds out to £14 - but most of the Cod etc caught for sale in a British Chippy (and indeed Pub) comes from Iceland and they were not effected by the storms.

It is the more 'fancy' Fish for the more expensive eateries where the price will go through the roof.

Archived