i dont like you .....?

tonyman

The whole 'like' thing is a bit of a strange one, to me anyway. Personally I try to reserve it and give to posts that make a point well IMO regardless of who they are and (I hope) not necessarily because it matches my own opinion. The best posts cause me to rethink my view on something. Many who dispense really useful advice to would-be migrants get few if any likes. I suspect that most likes overall are on the chewing the fat threads. Not a problem but not sure anyone should read too much into it either way.

G g s.

You reserve your likes,,,I have had a like from you,,,that makes me feel good, so guess what!!! I like you :wink:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G g s.

You reserve your likes,,,I have had a like from you,,,that makes me feel good, so guess what!!! I like you :wink:

Ps, like duly posted on your post!!! Im not so reserved, I like everyone, Im just a like button slave, but in saying that I truly think that everyone that takes the time to contribute to this very VERY helpful forum in the first place cant be that bad anyway.

Even more so those of you that used this forum to help them with a move, got the job done, completed the move and STILL take the time to help others rather than disappear.

I hope by the time I am over there and settled I still find the time to do likewise,

Hats off to you all :wubclub:

Doh!

Sorry Ggs aka Dave, we have had a recent PM chat fellow surrey man, we still up for that game of golf on the other side of the world one day I hope!

Got nothing but Likes for you mate!!

Just don't bring your A game and it should stay that way!!!

:biglaugh:

Guest The Pom Queen

I try and cut down on my likes, if I'm quickly glancing over a thread and see a post that makes me chuckle then I hit like, half of the time I don't even bother to look who posted it. Doing it this way though people may think I choose certain people's posts to like and not others, but that isn't the case at all. Life is too short to play games, if I don't like someone I will say.

I try and cut down on my likes, if I'm quickly glancing over a thread and see a post that makes me chuckle then I hit like, half of the time I don't even bother to look who posted it. Doing it this way though people may think I choose certain people's posts to like and not others, but that isn't the case at all. Life is too short to play games, if I don't like someone I will say.

Same here.

Or do you mean if you have fallen out with this person in a previous thread/comment, then they subsequently don't like anything you say?

For what it is worth and for anyone that cares about such things, there are those that wouldn't give a like if their life dependant on it, or so it would appear. Quite a number in my case, not that I give a fig, but as it was mentioned.

I do try and be grown up about the whole thing and give likes where I consider due, regardless of the on line personality of the scribe.

But really does it matter? Behold to no one and maintain an independent voice I say. Sometimes going against the grain is just the apparent correct thing to do and such occasions will not win one friends (even on line) let alone likes.

Guest Guest66881

It's nice to be liked, i like to be liked i like to give likes, i like to see likes given.

Like i said i like likes and likes like to be seen:wink:

I cant believe anyone is actually so obsessed with being 'liked' that they feel the need to start a thread about it?

Some folk just feel the need that they gotta be liked. Reaffirms to themselves that they are desired folk. Not hard to figure reading previous posts of those are perhaps even with an excess of regard towards other folk they either know only on line, or after a brief meeting.

I don't mean to infer anyone in particular and it is hardly an issue to go into on any level.

Guest The Pom Queen
It's nice to be liked, i like to be liked i like to give likes, i like to see likes given.

Like i said i like likes and likes like to be seen:wink:

I like that you like it

Guest The Pom Queen
I don't care about likes, I just want reputation :mad:

Got some the other day but the message disappeared before I saw who it was from otherwise I would have made sure I liked their next 50 posts regardless of what they posted :wink:

Jee you men are needy with your reps, you are the 2nd guy today to be begging for it. Being the tart I am I have given you both one and I am sure its now made your green bar bigger.

Jee you men are needy with your reps, you are the 2nd guy today to be begging for it. Being the tart I am I have given you both one and I am sure its now made your green bar bigger.

Not sure if it's intentional or not but that post is so full of double entendres.

I'm guessing it was deliberate.

Anyway, that's only 49 likes to go!

I don't care about likes, I just want reputation :mad:

Got some the other day but the message disappeared before I saw who it was from otherwise I would have made sure I liked their next 50 posts regardless of what they posted :wink:

How do you get reputation? I have had some, but I don't fully understand it. I must of done something wrong as I got a neutral one, I hope I didn't offend some one, would feel terrible :err:

How do you get reputation? I have had some, but I don't fully understand it. I must of done something wrong as I got a neutral one, I hope I didn't offend some one, would feel terrible :err:

From what I understand, you can get a reputation by hanging round with the wrong sort of people.....:wink:

Not that I know this from experience :angel_happy_face_ha

Archived