I will literally die if this happens....

M1cha3la

When I was younger I had no problem with bugs, spiders etc. I went to a zoo display thing and got to see and hold a big hissing cockroach ( think that's what it was called), a big millipede, corn snake and a few other things. I remember even wanting to hold the tarantula.. No chance of that now

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And i guarantee it will happen. The second i get off the plane every spider in the whole of Oz will come for me... Seriously what do you do? I am trying to be an adult and deal with this fear and am googling them as power is knowledge, but tbh i am loosing :cry:

I nearly did when the page opened and I saw that! Thanks for that! :swoon:

I hate spiders and I know I'd actually die if I saw a huntsman never mind one crawling on me but at the same time they are so big and they sound like they have proper personalities that maybe people could.. Grow fond of them l? God I must be mad lol

Stacey you are so right.When I came to Oz long time ago - people used to let them live in their houses and gave them pet names. Got the fright of my life first time I saw one and someone said - that is just George he lives here and eats the flies! But to be honest you very rarely see them in houses now

Stacey you are so right.When I came to Oz long time ago - people used to let them live in their houses and gave them pet names. Got the fright of my life first time I saw one and someone said - that is just George he lives here and eats the flies! But to be honest you very rarely see them in houses now

That's what I'll do if I ever move lol Harry or herimone huntsman haha.

• 1 month later...

I have never been scared of the majority of insects, arachnids, reptiles etc. but whilst driving from Airlie beach down the coast to Sydney a few years ago I felt like a terrified Dr Doolittle.

First incident was a harmless turtle in the road, so I stopped and gave it a lift to the other side of the road, it snapped at me and I dropped it...thankfully on the grass.

Second incident, noticed something out if the corner of my eye while driving, then realised a mahoooosive huntsman crawling out of the vents inside my car.

Third incident (about 20 mins after huntsmangate) stopped for a pee at the side of the road and three feet away from my foot sat a brown snake.....looking at me.

Fourth and thankfully final incident was a Kamakaze kangaroo. Only just stopped before hitting it.

Needless to say road trips are no fun for me!

I have never been scared of the majority of insects, arachnids, reptiles etc. but whilst driving from Airlie beach down the coast to Sydney a few years ago I felt like a terrified Dr Doolittle.

First incident was a harmless turtle in the road, so I stopped and gave it a lift to the other side of the road, it snapped at me and I dropped it...thankfully on the grass.

Second incident, noticed something out if the corner of my eye while driving, then realised a mahoooosive huntsman crawling out of the vents inside my car.

Third incident (about 20 mins after huntsmangate) stopped for a pee at the side of the road and three feet away from my foot sat a brown snake.....looking at me.

Fourth and thankfully final incident was a Kamakaze kangaroo. Only just stopped before hitting it.

Needless to say road trips are no fun for me!

None of that is even funny :err:

A huntsman in the car will be the end of me... What did you do??

Yep I agree, it was not funny in any way shape or form!

Swerved a bit and stopped....abruptly!

I'd been scuba diving so I got one of my fins out of the boot and coaxed it onto it before chucking it into the verge.

Laughed about it afterwards though. Either that or cry I suppose!

Oh my, that spider's just made me feel all creepy and itchy, really don't like the pesky buggers. When I flew to Oz with my then boyfriend to do our WHV's we were a right mare on the plane over. I was really worried about the spiders (he was fine with spiders) and he was terrified of snakes (which I'm fine with) We decided we'd be like some sort tag team to tackle them :) to be honest I never saw anything too bad there

will def be checking the shower head from now on urgh

Not sure where in Aus you're going but here in VIC we never see them, or hardly ever. Fewer than when in the UK (where every other person seems to being bitten by false widow spiders these days). Having two cats might help as they seem to clobber any bugs. You can have your house sprayed as well. I am a bit of an arachnophobe too but honestly it's not an issue for me.

every other person bitten by false widow spiders ...really

Guest Guest40285

You should see the big ole Huntsman living in my bedroom and his brother in my ute, they are beauties, I love em, keep the mozzies at bay, shine the torch on him at night and see all his eyes looking at me

You should see the big ole Huntsman living in my bedroom and his brother in my ute, they are beauties, I love em, keep the mozzies at bay, shine the torch on him at night and see all his eyes looking at me

Lmao bro! you're a braver man than me,snakes im not arsed about,but big hairy spiders that might be crawling on me of a night,nah!!!

Pics please! I remember seeing a video on YouTube of one and I was convinced it was fake. It was absolutely massive with big eyes shining in the dark lol

Guest Guest40285
Pics please! I remember seeing a video on YouTube of one and I was convinced it was fake. It was absolutely massive with big eyes shining in the dark lol

Try and get some later SS, the one in me ute is an elusive bugger and just shows up outta the blue like falling from the sun visor into me lap, haha

URGH!!!! :laugh: my friend has lots of spiders in her house and I dread going round because of it

Archived