Teachers Moving or Living in Australia

TeacherBen

2 hours ago, klr81 said:

Okay so they are very picky over the wording! Took me two attempts  to get it right! Make sure they state the exact amount of days you did in your practice and in exactly what age group they were.

So basically it has state that as part of my course I had 60 days of supervised teaching to children in the age group of 0-6 years? Is that enough? Would I need any other letters?

thank you

4 hours ago, Areyousure said:

So basically it has state that as part of my course I had 60 days of supervised teaching to children in the age group of 0-6 years? Is that enough? Would I need any other letters?

thank you

My migration agent also requested that I stated the school or nursery setting details too - not sure whether it was specifically needed or whether she wanted to make sure that all possible questions were answered before being asked. 

• Like 1

Needs to be on letterhead paper from your uni, state the name and duration of the course, what age you are qualified to teach, confirmation that you passed, as well as specifically stating the amount of days you did in the classroom and with what age range.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, klr81 said:

Needs to be on letterhead paper from your uni, state the name and duration of the course, what age you are qualified to teach, confirmation that you passed, as well as specifically stating the amount of days you did in the classroom and with what age range.

7 hours ago, JRC said:

My migration agent also requested that I stated the school or nursery setting details too - not sure whether it was specifically needed or whether she wanted to make sure that all possible questions were answered before being asked. 

15 hours ago, klr81 said:

Okay so they are very picky over the wording! Took me two attempts  to get it right! Make sure they state the exact amount of days you did in your practice and in exactly what age group they were.

thank you 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2019 at 05:27, JRC said:

On 11/09/2019 at 21:42, klr81 said:

Hi guys,

so I finally got the letter from my university( Sutherland PGCE) they have me this really long letter writing in full detail about all the modules, within which they have mentioned the age group as well as the fact that I have done 60 days of supervised teaching. 

What I’m concerned is that they have mentioned that it is a full time 36 week course. And also that I did 6 weeks of teaching practice with approximately 11 hours of teaching per week and another 6 weeks block with approximately 14 hours of teaching per week. 

Will AITSL be happy with this letter ? dnt really want them to have an issue because the assessment alone is $900 😕

Edited by Areyousure

On 10/01/2019 at 04:35, Sonia H said:

So glad I've stumbled across this useful forum

We are just waiting for our 489 state nominated visa for SA to come through, but my concern is as this is a temp visa will schools be reluctant to hire?

I understand we need to register to teach in Oz but does a positive AITSL skills assessment mean you are considered qualified to teach ?

Hi SoniaH,

was aitsl happy with the letter Sutherland provided? Because they have given me this 2 page letter.

6 hours ago, Areyousure said:

Hi guys,

so I finally got the letter from my university( Sutherland PGCE) they have me this really long letter writing in full detail about all the modules, within which they have mentioned the age group as well as the fact that I have done 60 days of supervised teaching. 

What I’m concerned is that they have mentioned that it is a full time 36 week course. And also that I did 6 weeks of teaching practice with approximately 11 hours of teaching per week and another 6 weeks block with approximately 14 hours of teaching per week. 

Will AITSL be happy with this letter ? dnt really want them to have an issue because the assessment alone is $900 😕

It sounds good but I honestly don’t know for sure - that’s why I chose to use an agent because I couldn’t cope with the stress and hassle of doubting myself each time a document was submitted. 

Edited by JRC
  • Like 1

On 10/01/2019 at 02:02, Sonia H said:

QTS doesnt seem to be an issue as my PGCEI was same one from Sunderland and has been accepted by AITSL. Bu my worry now is whether it will be ok for teacher registration in SA

Hi Sonia H,

So your PGCEI Sunderland was positively assessed by AITSL?

On 30/09/2019 at 22:23, Areyousure said:

Hi SoniaH,

was aitsl happy with the letter Sutherland provided? Because they have given me this 2 page letter.

Yes, sounds like one I got and that was fine. Main thing they need is number of teaching hours verified. 

I used it to have my qualifications checked for teacher registration in SA and it was fine too.

I wrongly assumed the positive AITSL skills assessment meant my qualifications had been checked enough- oh no! had to get them all copied and certified again and sent to teacher registration in SA so they could say yes I'm qualified to teach here-bit annoying but didn't take too long.

You should be fine on 489 visa, we are on that one too and and have both got jobs in SA

Very happy to help if you have any other questions

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Soniah said:

Yes, it was fine but I had to get letter from Sunderland Uni to state how many hours teaching practice the course included

Thank you, Sonia, for your response. I am awaiting my result. This week is the 11th week. Hope to share the good news soon!

• Like 2

On 04/10/2019 at 07:36, Soniah said:

Yes, sounds like one I got and that was fine. Main thing they need is number of teaching hours verified. 

I used it to have my qualifications checked for teacher registration in SA and it was fine too.

I wrongly assumed the positive AITSL skills assessment meant my qualifications had been checked enough- oh no! had to get them all copied and certified again and sent to teacher registration in SA so they could say yes I'm qualified to teach here-bit annoying but didn't take too long.

You should be fine on 489 visa, we are on that one too and and have both got jobs in SA

Very happy to help if you have any other questions

Thank you very much, Sonia, for taking the time to give us key information despite your busy schedule. I appreciate it a lot. This week is the 12th week for me. Submitted my documents on July 19. AITSL asked me for a copy of my degree containing the original language last September 3. That was almost the same document that I had submitted on the 19th July. Still waiting for the result. I just have to remind myself that 'waiting time is not wasting time' hahaha.

On 28/09/2019 at 11:56, Areyousure said:

Hi guys,

I just got my pgce from university of Sunderland in early childhood education. 

Do I need to get my qualifications assessed before I start working in day care/pre-school? If so from whom? ACECQA?

thank you,

Have just received my suitable assessment outcome from AITSL today:-)

• Congratulations 1

8 minutes ago, okcmiller said:

Have just received my suitable assessment outcome from AITSL today:-)

Congrats. Will submit my application this week. Urs took 12 weeks to process ? Which state are you going to apply to and how many points have you got? All the best 🙂

Edited by Areyousure

29 minutes ago, Areyousure said:

Congrats. Will submit my application this week. Urs took 12 weeks to process ? Which state are you going to apply to and how many points have you got? All the best 🙂

11 weeks. I submitted my docs last July 19th, but that was Friday and the time of submission was close to 6pm. They probably considered July 22nd as the date of receipt, so exactly 11 weeks:-)

I only have 65 points (Age:25; English:20; Qual:15; State Sponsorship:5) for 190, and possibly 80 for 491. I am awaiting the result of my job application from DoE Tasmania. If I got offered the job, I would go for the 190.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, okcmiller said:

11 weeks. I submitted my docs last July 19th, but that was Friday and the time of submission was close to 6pm. They probably considered July 22nd as the date of receipt, so exactly 11 weeks:-)

I only have 65 points (Age:25; English:20; Qual:15; State Sponsorship:5) for 190, and possibly 80 for 491. I am awaiting the result of my job application from DoE Tasmania. If I got offered the job, I would go for the 190.

All the best. 🙂

I appreciate some of you guys aren't quite there yet but you can register through the states as a teacher from the UK before you leave. However you will need to go through a few more hoops. When you have your visa accepted it may be an option for you if you want to get into work asap when you arrive. You need to get documents signed by professional Australian Citizens, basically scans of qualifications, experience... I went to the embassy and got them to sign the documents and sent them. I received my WA registration a few weeks later. It meant I had confirmed relief work within a week of arrival.