Australia's Signature Dish

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen it all on one menu Sir Les,

But we've had it at home when we all brought a course for a family lunch.

The BBQ was a bit dirty so my brother cleaned it with the closest liquid. The prawns were great.

Lemon Myrtle seasoning in the breadcrumbs for the chicken, fresh tomatoes from the garden to make the sauce.

Mum can't cook any dessert except for a Pav. Peppermint crisp always wins in our family. No mixed fruit or berries thank you very much.

Guest Guest26012
Do they? Will have to try there. Loved a carvery in England

$22 for soup and carvery, we went a couple of months ago, it was nice.

What`s pavlova ?

It's a dessert - baked whipped egg whites and sugar, layered with cream, topped with fruit. Commonly known as a "pav".

Remember that... because you'll be stopped at the border if you don't know it. :wink:

It's a dessert - baked whipped egg whites and sugar, layered with cream, topped with fruit. Commonly known as a "pav".

Remember that... because you'll be stopped at the border if you don't know it. :wink:

and there's big debate as to whether it's from Australia or New Zealand but that would be a totally different thread...

Back the days there used to be a restaurant near freo that served up delicious bush tucker, everything from widgetee grubs to wallaby steak, croc skewers, emu patties. It was a real treat and very delicious. For the life of me cant remember the name ...

Can't remember the name either but it was in South Fremantle on the roundabout close to South Beach. Had some yummy grub there in the 90's.

I hesitate to suggest that a Vegemite Sandwich should be part of this Aussie feastfest......... Just had one for lunch........ family fave of all time!

Beetroot is definately something too that needs to be included.... just not the tinned or jar variety with vinegar. Try a roasted fresh beetroot.... such a wonderful flavour and far removed from the processed crap that ends up in a Macca's burger!

Archived