190 January Gang

holspols

@Roxy1990,

But why is that some are receiving the Grant ????

In this forum itself, There are some people who lodged on Jan 28th and got a grant ?

Is that your final status. R u done with your PCC and Medicals?????

So do you need to wait till July untill you receive the Grant ?

Regards,

Kapil

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year. Was part of the message I revived in an email this morning I applied on the 11th of jan .... Long wait I guess ??? Did anybody else revive a similar message ?

@Roxy1990,

But why is that some are receiving the Grant ????

In this forum itself, There are some people who lodged on Jan 28th and got a grant ?

Is that your final status. R u done with your PCC and Medicals?????

So do you need to wait till July untill you receive the Grant ?

Regards,

Kapil

They are still issuing grants but in a certain priority and at a much slower rate. It is more likely that it will be July.

Hi guys

I lodged in 22 Nov. CO allocated mid January. Meds and PCC submitted 24 Jan. Been waiting since so I emailed CO to find out. Response I got was

At present the program is reaching its final number and clients are being queued. At this time I am unable to provide you with a timeframe for completion. Please read below

Each year visa planning levels are set by the government for the programme year which forms the Migration Programme.* The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category each year.

The Direction specifies that Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements which can affect the order in which applications are considered during the programme year.

As of February 2014, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM category has a limited number of visa places remaining.

The remaining places will be allocated in line with the priority processing arrangements as follows:

·******** decisions on state and territory nominated subclass 190 and 489 applications; then

·******** family sponsored subclass 489 applications ; and

·******** any other Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM applications currently in the final stages of processing. This includes subsequent entrant subclass 489 applications which are exempt from the priority processing arrangements.

After 9 weeks of waiting we finally got a case officer!!! Requested we go for medicals and get pccs!!! Medicals booked for two weeks time and police checks being sent next week!!! Hopefully they haven't reached their quota for ours and we get a grant asap but whatever will be will be!!! It is worth the wait anyway, we started the process January 2013 so another few months will be fine!!! So happy for it to be moving forward!!!

After 9 weeks of waiting we finally got a case officer!!! Requested we go for medicals and get pccs!!! Medicals booked for two weeks time and police checks being sent next week!!! Hopefully they haven't reached their quota for ours and we get a grant asap but whatever will be will be!!! It is worth the wait anyway, we started the process January 2013 so another few months will be fine!!! So happy for it to be moving forward!!!

That's good news fingers crossed for you we are 3 weeks behind you so hopefully we will get a case officer soon too.

9 weeks just for a CO... What visa/where are you applying to?

Hi, for those who got the notification about potential delay, is that a response to your enquiry or just a direct email from CO, as it seems that's the response upon an chasing email to CO? The wording has been published on immi website in late Feb. already while there should still be at least half of the quota left if we look at the total planned number for this type of visa v.s. the used quota by the end of Jan..

I am new here, so have a lot to learn:-) I elodged on Feb. 9, entering into the sixth week... Any news about Feb. applicants? Thanks for sharing in advance!

Hi Gidza

I would like to know which visa did you apply?

I think it has taken a long time to make a decision on your application as March is about to end.

In my case, I am applying for subclass 190 visa and it does fall under priority processing. In the migration site, it states that a CO will be appointed within 7 weeks of lodgement. In my case it is 4 weeks now. I have submitted all the required documents except for PCC and Meds. The Meds is done online so should be fast, however, the PCC will take a while.

I am hoping to get a positive reply before the end of April, but now by reading your experiences, I think my application possibly could be delayed.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi guys

I lodged in 22 Nov. CO allocated mid January. Meds and PCC submitted 24 Jan. Been waiting since so I emailed CO to find out. Response I got was

At present the program is reaching its final number and clients are being queued. At this time I am unable to provide you with a timeframe for completion. Please read below

Each year visa planning levels are set by the government for the programme year which forms the Migration Programme.* The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category each year.

The Direction specifies that Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements which can affect the order in which applications are considered during the programme year.

As of February 2014, the Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM category has a limited number of visa places remaining.

The remaining places will be allocated in line with the priority processing arrangements as follows:

·******** decisions on state and territory nominated subclass 190 and 489 applications; then

·******** family sponsored subclass 489 applications ; and

·******** any other Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM applications currently in the final stages of processing. This includes subsequent entrant subclass 489 applications which are exempt from the priority processing arrangements.

Gidza,

What Visa have you applied for?

This reply makes it look as though 489's are the ones that will be held up, as they will be processing 190 as the main priority.

Cheers

Eddie

Hi,

i have a 190 Visa Lodged with WA, case officer was allocated on the 7th week, it's 8 weeks today and the only correspondence from them was to advise of the status which was that they are infact oversubscribed and thus it could be July before a grant is issued... It is official.

Hi Roxy

Thought you would of had your grant by now.. However I did check the WA migration site, on the Occupations in Demand list it says that Plumbers are schedule 2, which means there are only a limited amount of visas available for that trade. You probably already know this but just thought i would let you know as it will more than likely be the reason for your delay.

Its been 5 weeks and 2 days since i lodged my WA 190 as an Electrician. Electricians are a schedule 1, so hopefully within the next fortnight I should get a CO or grant, if I am to be informed of a delay then it must be across the scope.

Hi, for those who got the notification about potential delay, is that a response to your enquiry or just a direct email from CO, as it seems that's the response upon an chasing email to CO? The wording has been published on immi website in late Feb. already while there should still be at least half of the quota left if we look at the total planned number for this type of visa v.s. the used quota by the end of Jan..

I am new here, so have a lot to learn:-) I elodged on Feb. 9, entering into the sixth week... Any news about Feb. applicants? Thanks for sharing in advance!

The email has been sent to most people when their case officers

have been assigned, others have asked and had the same response, I have rang immi twice and been told the same thing- they are issuing grants in accordance with priority processing. The man I spoke to this afternoon said decision ready cases will take priority (meds uploaded, pccs, no further evidence required)

which is where we're at right now..8 weeks lodged and 1 week with a case officer! Can only hope for the best!

Hi Roxy

Thought you would of had your grant by now.. However I did check the WA migration site, on the Occupations in Demand list it says that Plumbers are schedule 2, which means there are only a limited amount of visas available for that trade. You probably already know this but just thought i would let you know as it will more than likely be the reason for your delay.

Its been 5 weeks and 2 days since i lodged my WA 190 as an Electrician. Electricians are a schedule 1, so hopefully within the next fortnight I should get a CO or grant, if I am to be informed of a delay then it must be across the scope.

Yes thats correct, although I thought that would of held us up for an invitation but it only took 1 week, we did have 70 points though.

Keep us posted on your timescale.. Hopefully you have better luck!

Hi Roxy

Sorry, pal, but the invitation process and SkillSelect has nothing to do with ImmiAccount and processing.

"Schedule 1/2" on WA is only for the WA state's issuing of invites into SkillSelect.

After you have received you invite in SkillSelect, you create an ImmiAccount, and WA has no (zero) way to affect ImmiAccount processing. It's all up to DIBP now.

Sorry, pal, but the invitation process and SkillSelect has nothing to do with ImmiAccount and processing.

"Schedule 1/2" on WA is only for the WA state's issuing of invites into SkillSelect.

After you have received you invite in SkillSelect, you create an ImmiAccount, and WA has no (zero) way to affect ImmiAccount processing. It's all up to DIBP now.

That is very good to hear- Thanks DeeJay!

The email has been sent to most people when their case officers

have been assigned, others have asked and had the same response, I have rang immi twice and been told the same thing- they are issuing grants in accordance with priority processing. The man I spoke to this afternoon said decision ready cases will take priority (meds uploaded, pccs, no further evidence required)

which is where we're at right now..8 weeks lodged and 1 week with a case officer! Can only hope for the best!

Thanks for the details, very helpful!

Then you should fall under the priority group, wish you early visa grant! Wish myself good luck too

Archived