189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you speak to the agent?

Yes I spoke to my agent who had no problem in emailing CO, she did that yesterday and no reply as yet. We will either get a response and be told they have everything but got to wait or they may just not respond Or if we are extremely lucky we will will get the grant! I'm not holding up much hope to be honest as I think if they were going to give us the grant they would of done by now especially when I'm seeing February applicants getting theirs etc and a family who had their meds on same day as us got their grant that same week. I think we have drawn a short straw and been out in a queue until 1st July. I just hope nothing else gets requested or referred but I think we would of heard if that was the case. So all we can do is wait wait and wait some more!

Xx

Yes I spoke to my agent who had no problem in emailing CO, she did that yesterday and no reply as yet. We will either get a response and be told they have everything but got to wait or they may just not respond Or if we are extremely lucky we will will get the grant! I'm not holding up much hope to be honest as I think if they were going to give us the grant they would of done by now especially when I'm seeing February applicants getting theirs etc and a family who had their meds on same day as us got their grant that same week. I think we have drawn a short straw and been out in a queue until 1st July. I just hope nothing else gets requested or referred but I think we would of heard if that was the case. So all we can do is wait wait and wait some more!

Xx

Can you log onto the Medibank website to check that your medicals have been finalised and uploaded to DIAC? I phoned Medibank on Friday last week and they mentioned it's their peak season for visas so maybe they've been slow?

Hopefully you'll hear from your CO in the morning! Fingers crossed!

Still nothing..... I have a feeling we are going to have to wait until July but if I hear anything sooner I'll let you know. Think you guys were really lucky getting your grants, as I think now lots of people are being held until July. :(

Will keep hoping you hear before then but we may well end up waiting also if there's a limited no. of visas left. What skill is it you've applied under?

Xx

I feel your pain Kellie. We are a month behind you but our CO is putting us through the ringer. We had to provide evidence of our relationship, even though we are married. We sent that and now I have been requested to send in a subject access even though I submitted a self dec and character references and form 80.. Its just hoop after hoop. Don't get me wrong I dont mind suppling all the stuff, but I know others have got through without all the evidence we are having to supply. Then the way it is being drip fed through makes it feel like they are just trying to delay the process.

I hope you hear soon xxx

I feel your pain Kellie. We are a month behind you but our CO is putting us through the ringer. We had to provide evidence of our relationship, even though we are married. We sent that and now I have been requested to send in a subject access even though I submitted a self dec and character references and form 80.. Its just hoop after hoop. Don't get me wrong I dont mind suppling all the stuff, but I know others have got through without all the evidence we are having to supply. Then the way it is being drip fed through makes it feel like they are just trying to delay the process.

I hope you hear soon xxx

Hi ya, thanks for your response. Sounds like you are having a tough time, I hope that once you have done all they ask you get the grant quickly because all this waiting is awful. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Xxx

Will keep hoping you hear before then but we may well end up waiting also if there's a limited no. of visas left. What skill is it you've applied under?

Diesel motor mechanic (hubby not me) you may be lucky and get the grant really quickly as lots still are but for us I think we have lucked out and will have to wait. How they decide who has to wait and who don't is beyond me!?

Do you think it is worth going through Agent or do it all ourselves? and if you have good experience with agent - I would appreciate if you could share their contact. I tried to go through an attorney for Canada and it was a disaster.

We have done it through an agent and has went smooth, some people don't want to pay their fee as it is more expensive but it saved all the worrying for us, he just told us what we needed and done the rest, now we have lodged our 189 visa 6months from applying and we can't be thankful enough to him. We live in Ireland, & used visafirst

Xx

Had been looking at some older timelines on here & other forums & there's quite a few that haven't had a grant until a couple of months after they've uploaded their last requested docs or medicals. There's still hope! Not much help but we really understand the strain of waiting & feeling in limbo :hug:

Case officer has replied and basically said they are still waiting on receiving my daughters medical back! This has confused the life out of me as it's all electronic! They have 4 of ours and not the fifth. We have not had any indication that it's been referred and hospital sent them all through at exactly the same time. So we are going to give it until Friday Next week but in meantime I'm going to scan across the medical forms that got sent to me from the hospital to my agent and if necessary agent can chase up again next week and include all the paperwork that shows meds from hospital, if that makes sense. X

Case officer has replied and basically said they are still waiting on receiving my daughters medical back! This has confused the life out of me as it's all electronic! They have 4 of ours and not the fifth. We have not had any indication that it's been referred and hospital sent them all through at exactly the same time. So we are going to give it until Friday Next week but in meantime I'm going to scan across the medical forms that got sent to me from the hospital to my agent and if necessary agent can chase up again next week and include all the paperwork that shows meds from hospital, if that makes sense. X

That's good that you at least have a reason for the delay. Fingers crossed it all happens next week for you x

I must admit I feel better knowing what the delay is however still concerned as to what the outcome will be. The panel doctor didn't seem concerned about my daughters hearing however the medical department at DIBP may think different but I hope not. My daughter is deaf in one ear but hears perfectly with her one good ear and she doesn't need any extra support or anything. What will they make of it? Who knows? X

Coolbreeze- just seen this message you got your visa...YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I haven't logged in for ages....hope you and your partner are on your way there???

Hi Chami - Thanks alot! Really good to start planning move now - We are moving out on 7th July (just over 3 months) CANT WAIT!!! You already there? If not, when/where you heading out?

Kellie - I think it is good you know the reason for the delay and the fact your daughter would not need ongoing medical care for her hearing means there shouldn't be an issue with them accepting you application

I am trying to upload documents of my partner, but I guess there is some problem with the online thing. The CO mailed that she didn't receive any of our documents. I guess I have to mail and upload again. Also my PCC is taking a lot of time than anticipated. Things are really very slow moving here. On top of that CO hasn't received the documents, we uploaded. The medicals have been uploaded by the Authorized Hospital staff, but in our account its still showing "Requested" in front of " Medicals". Its real test of ones patience.

Is anyone in the same situation here???

Kellie,

My daughter has severe hearing loss in both ears. She has to wear hearing aids and she sailed through the medicals. Hopefully that gives you a little more confidence in the delayed outcome.

Hi ya, I really appreciate you telling me that, thank you. Yes that does fill me with more confidence. I'm now of the attitude what's meant to be will be and if they refuse our visas then we were never meant to go to oz and if we get the grant then oz adventure here we come. Just hate this waiting game!!

Hi ya, I really appreciate you telling me that, thank you. Yes that does fill me with more confidence. I'm now of the attitude what's meant to be will be and if they refuse our visas then we were never meant to go to oz and if we get the grant then oz adventure here we come. Just hate this waiting game!!

It may be worth speaking to the hospital and making sure they attached them all . . . could be a simple email for a major gain :)

At least you are no longer worried about the July timeframe. Send the email through to the CO with the hospital docs and see what comes. I would chase though, but I am soooo impatient :P

Don't worry Kellie, it will happen. They don't seem to be very consistent with their handing out of grants. keeping all crossed for you.x

It may be worth speaking to the hospital and making sure they attached them all . . . could be a simple email for a major gain :)

At least you are no longer worried about the July timeframe. Send the email through to the CO with the hospital docs and see what comes. I would chase though, but I am soooo impatient :P

Hey, i rang my daughters GP and both her consultants and no one had been requested anything. I also rang hospital where meds took place and they sent everything through and panel doctor didn't seem to be worried or concerned about my daughters hearing loss to one ear. So it is probably held up with medical officer at DIBP. So the plan is this, if no news by end of this week then ill scan across our medical papers from hospital that shows all was completed etc to our agent, who can then forward to case officer and see what case officer can do from his end. So more waiting but I'll keep you updated xxxx