Work and Holiday Visa Am i *Likely* To get asked for proof of funds given my circumstances?

arkansasgoneaussie11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But about is not exactly am i right or does this statement contain an australian way of talking i'm not aware of where "about 5000" would be exactly? I wouldn't think they would use any terms that would be unclear in an official statement. To me about 5000 would mean that it's relative as long as i could support myself. in any case thank you for responding all this time i genuinely appreciate you and everyone else offering their time to offer advice

The exact wording on the DIBP website (under document checklist) is "Evidence of sufficient funds: certified copy of a bank statement showing you have access to funds of at least AUD 5000."

I was trying to be subtle. Let's try this! Change your Facebook page from public to private.

Prolly too late to worry about it. If DIBP were going to flag the OP they would have done so by now. Besides, the chap's Facebook page makes him come across as a decent, likeable guy - counteracting the rather unfortunate impression that some of his posts here might have created.

Guest ukgirl

I was not asked for proof of funds a few years ago when I entered (even though I had it) and I don't know of anybody that has either but I would strongly suggest that you save up the amount first before you enter Australia. It's better to play by their rules and to have a safety net for if a situation changes.

I was not asked for proof of funds a few years ago when I entered (even though I had it) and I don't know of anybody that has either but I would strongly suggest that you save up the amount first before you enter Australia. It's better to play by their rules and to have a safety net for if a situation changes.

This is a different type of visa, with different eligibility and restrictions.

You are so young. Come on the WHV and take it for what it is, a chance to travel and work around Australia, without worrying about then paying for an expensive defacto application/visa.

Surely your girlfriend could travel and work with you. Applying for defacto visa when you are only 19 and 17 is a wee bit crazy. You will both change so much over the next couple of years or so.

Take this travel opportunity and go with it - the world is your oyster and please stop using your real name on this forum, it worries me.

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok username has been changed. As already mentioned on here we do have a number of top officials from the immigration office and some case officers on the forum so this is why people are trying to help you in regards to the name change. If either of the above read you don't have enough funds to enter the country they MAY make sure they flag you and ask when you arrive.

Guest ukgirl
This is a different type of visa, with different eligibility and restrictions.

And my advice still remains the same. Save up!

Archived