Bacon

pob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with jasepom.. I really like the bacon here..none of that white curdly stuff comes out when frying, (well very little) and I like the taste. My only problem is I can't get it crispy..unless I have the grill on high. Maybe because I like back bacon?

See post #18

Given that Fosters is that second highest selling beer in the UK, it might be fair to say that you think a fair bit of the beer in the UK is shite too....:biggrin:

Fosters is an imitation of lager.

All sterilised artificially carbonated beer is shite so much of the Beer in the Uk is indeed shite......and many of us would not touch the stuff......but the UK has a very wide range of proper real ale which Australia does not have.

Sounds like you know very little about beer

As for the beer I brought loads of beer and got my wife to open them and did a blind tasting.

I do enjoy a drink, but find myself drinking beer that has a substandard taste or buying beer and it costing $19 a bottle and feeling guilty at drinking such an expensive beer.

So I gave up beer.

Even in America you can get a decent beer in the supermarket.

Actually I know an awful lot about beer. I was not trying to infer that YOU drank Fosters or thought it was a good beer. In fact it is tragic that in a land where good beer is easy to come by, so many people fell for the marketing that got Fosters where it is today. You will be pleased to know that on this year's consumption figures bitter at least is making a comeback in the UK - a small step...

Get a 6pack of little creatures. Will cost about 17 dollars and its good stuff

Tried it.

It is one of the better ones, but it has a sharp aftertaste and a slight lime cordial taste as well. Not for me.

I really enjoy white beer and Belgian beers. A standard bottle of Leffe is $19 and I cannot find any decent white beer here, I like Edleweiss and Paulander. I would even drink Blue Moon as well, but never enjoyed a Hoegarden that much.

Tried it.

It is one of the better ones, but it has a sharp aftertaste and a slight lime cordial taste as well. Not for me.

I really enjoy white beer and Belgian beers. A standard bottle of Leffe is $19 and I cannot find any decent white beer here, I like Edleweiss and Paulander. I would even drink Blue Moon as well, but never enjoyed a Hoegarden that much.

Emu export..??

Tried it.

Fair enough! not much else to suggest then!

I did get utterly plastered at the Belgian beer cafe in melbourne recently. A great selection there

Actually I know an awful lot about beer. I was not trying to infer that YOU drank Fosters or thought it was a good beer. In fact it is tragic that in a land where good beer is easy to come by, so many people fell for the marketing that got Fosters where it is today. You will be pleased to know that on this year's consumption figures bitter at least is making a comeback in the UK - a small step...

Fair enough....I agree with you. At least in the Uk you get the choice at a reasonable price.

Prices for microbrewery beers here is ridiculous.....often around $15 a schooner sized bottle.

Allgrain wheat beers are surprisingly easy and quick to make....you should give it a go.....it will be as good as any you can buy

Fair enough....I agree with you. At least in the Uk you get the choice at a reasonable price.

Prices for microbrewery beers here is ridiculous.....often around $15 a schooner sized bottle.

I paid $9 for a "large" at the Green Beacon in Newstead which was bigger than a schooner and slightly smaller than a pint (at a guess)

New one just opened round the corner called Newstead Brewing i'll try this weekend

$9 a pint in my local microbrewery (Holgates). Perhaps you need to go on a beer holiday in Victoria where we may have a bit more competition keeping the prices reasonable.

Archived