Abbreviations explained pls?

ausHWC

Hey everyone,

I wondered for someone completely new like me, it would be useful to have a thread like this where newbies can find out quickly (rather than surfing through tons of threads) what all the abbreviations, lingos and acronyms mean. For example OH? WA? CO? etc etc

If this has been covered already, could someone kindly link me to that thread, it will help me understand better when I'm reading the posts. So to kick off can some tell me...

OH = ?

CO = ?

HR = ?

PIO = ?

I'm sure there will be more I will pick up as I go along reading these posts, so will add more later, but if someone can be good enough to fill the gap it will help so much in understanding when reading these posts. Thanks a bunch to all in advance, to those who have time to reply.

Guest guest30085

OH = Other Half

CO = Case Officer (dealing with visa application)

HR = High Risk (Country)

PIO = Poms In Oz

WA = Western Australia

;)

Brillant Adonna, thanks a ton, really helpful. @Melza, haha, good point, I guess in this scenario for me, PLS = Person Lacking Self-awareness...LOL..whoops did it again..LOL=....nah won't go into that one too obvious). Thanks again

PITA = pain in the arse? A few of them on here.

PB = a few meanings! but if a comment is referred as a PB, it's most likely a lie or the truth bent so far out of line that it's incomprehensible. It will also unfailingly be positive about the uk and negative about Australia.

PM = personal message. Beware of repeated requests of these from paulanddeb!

Oz = Pommie name for Australia. Because you're not in London any more toto!

I always thought HR was as in human resources!

I have noticed over the time I have been on PIO that there is a thread with 1000's of views, called something like HR applicants were are you now, " or something like that"

And thought christ there is a lot of interest in Human resources on here... "der". :wacko:

I always thought HR was as in human resources!

I have noticed over the time I have been on PIO that there is a thread with 1000's of views, called something like HR applicants were are you now, " or something like that"

And thought christ there is a lot of interest in Human resources on here... "der". :wacko:

OMG is that what it stands for...LMAO...ROFL...hahahaha..seriously thought it was about HR/Human Resources too...oh dear..

PB = a few meanings! but if a comment is referred as a PB, it's most likely a lie or the truth bent so far out of line that it's incomprehensible. It will also unfailingly be positive about the uk and negative about Australia.

:laugh: Especially the PB or for us older members, doing an Earls!

A few more you might find useful:

OP = Original Post (Poster)

SA = South Australia

NSW = New South Wales

DIAC = Department of Immigration and Citizenship

which has recently become

DIBP = Department of Immigration and Border Protection

NZ = New Zealand

Love your work :biglaugh:

Especially the PB or for us older members, doing an Earls!

Ah...the good old days :wink:

Archived