So Poms in the U.k ...what are your thoughts on our current weather ?

bunbury61

Didn't think much of today...............rained all day in the Lakes.................visibility zilch...............great for photography......NOT!

I'll be there on friday! so hope it snows for xmas. If you're still there maybe a quick beer? who knows... me and pabs are besties now, so i'm sure in the spirit of xmas we too can let bygones be bygones (is that how you spell it?)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be there on friday! so hope it snows for xmas. If you're still there maybe a quick beer? who knows... me and pabs are besties now, so i'm sure in the spirit of xmas we too can let bygones be bygones (is that how you spell it?)

Besties eh:wink:,you only get on my wick sometimes to be fair,just like i do with you no doubt:shocked::laugh:

Thats forums for yer tho eh,no big deal,all fair in love war and forums:twitcy:,no harm done

Besties eh:wink:,you only get on my wick sometimes to be fair,just like i do with you no doubt:shocked::laugh:

Thats forums for yer tho eh,no big deal,all fair in love war and forums:twitcy:,no harm done

The thing is though i work and drink with a lot more annoying people than you and wouldn't want it any other way. If you agreed with everyone then it would be very boring.

The thing is though i work and drink with a lot more annoying people than you and wouldn't want it any other way. If you agreed with everyone then it would be very boring.

More annoying than me? surely not!,yeah it would be boring,i disagree with some on here over some topics,other topics i agree with them,as long as i do that im happy to carry on debating,for instance i dont know any tories to argue with,so pio's good lol

I wish I was going to aviemore! Are you spending xmas there?

Yes, it's a cliche but after 5 Christmases in the sun I wanted the whole, white Christmas, sleigh rides, huskies thing. Being snowboarders we love Aviemore anyway and usually stay at Coylumbridge Hilton but I wanted to spend Christmas with my parents too and it was expensive for us all so I booked a two bed room lodge. Sadly my dad is now in hospital and won't be out before Christmas let alone able to travel to Scotland so it isn't going to quite work out as planned :(

At least I have been able to go down and stay with my mum the last two weekends and visit though - it would have been awful if I was still in Perth.

Didn't think much of today...............rained all day in the Lakes.................visibility zilch...............great for photography......NOT!

Shame :(

Yes, it's a cliche but after 5 Christmases in the sun I wanted the whole, white Christmas, sleigh rides, huskies thing. Being snowboarders we love Aviemore anyway and usually stay at Coylumbridge Hilton but I wanted to spend Christmas with my parents too and it was expensive for us all so I booked a two bed room lodge. Sadly my dad is now in hospital and won't be out before Christmas let alone able to travel to Scotland so it isn't going to quite work out as planned :(

At least I have been able to go down and stay with my mum the last two weekends and visit though - it would have been awful if I was still in Perth.

That sounds lovely! I'd love to just go away like that for xmas, maybe some year. Should be nice and xmasy for you! They have reindeers there! Sorry to hear about your dad tho :(

Doesn't it rain every day in the Lakes? It always seems to be shrouded in mist and cloud when I drive down the M6.. I know I'm in the minority, but the area doesn't do much for me although I can see why people think it's beautiful.

It's still beautiful when it plsses it down..........seems to add an air of mystery to the high ground although I'm not a great lover of the low despite it being all these old tired legs can carry me round now...............saw Blencathra shrouded in rain/mist yesterday and it was mgnificent

God now I want to go to aviemore for a overnight lol at least it'll be nice and xmasy there. It doesn't feel like xmas at all here

Well with my parents not coming there is a spare room - not sure what my OH would say though.....maybe if I said I fancied you and he thought there was a chance of a threesome he might go for it :)

There that's put you off the idea!! LOL

I don't do history mate so no probs there.............I'm heading out Friday though for Whitby.

Well with my parents not coming there is a spare room - not sure what my OH would say though.....maybe if I said I fancied you and he thought there was a chance of a threesome he might go for it :)

There that's put you off the idea!! LOL

pmsl :laugh: that made me laugh! Last time we were up there was loads of snow. Would of liked to take my mum up to see it but she's working a lot on the run up to xmas. Maybe another year! I

It's still beautiful when it plsses it down..........seems to add an air of mystery to the high ground although I'm not a great lover of the low despite it being all these old tired legs can carry me round now...............saw Blencathra shrouded in rain/mist yesterday and it was mgnificent

I'm glad you're enjoying your time. Is Jake having fun. Did you decide to stay at Center Parcs in the end?

Good for you JD ....glad you can see a bit of a positive regarding the weather , it is December after all in the northern hemisphere .

I know how the weather can play havoc , if you are looking for landscapes to photograph ....I genuinely hope the sun shows its face for you whilst you are here

I'm glad you're enjoying your time. Is Jake having fun. Did you decide to stay at Center Parcs in the end?

Thanks. Jake's loving it...................other than the short daylight hours. Yes, we're at centre parcs atm..................just as well as it looks like we'll be holed up here tomorrow.

Good for you JD ....glad you can see a bit of a positive regarding the weather , it is December after all in the northern hemisphere .

I know how the weather can play havoc , if you are looking for landscapes to photograph ....I genuinely hope the sun shows its face for you whilst you are here

She'll be right mate................you make do with the best you have. Went past seathwaite/seatoller yesterday for some pics................highest rainfall in the UK I believe, which is where the army chose to send it's boy soldiers for adventure training in Feb. !!!!! showed Jake the river derwent by Grange which fed into the lake. We used to canoe from there into the lake as boy soldiers............couldn't have done it yesterday..............it was raging. Stopped for a pic and an old biddy pulled up (about 80+ yrs old) with a huge german shepherd on the back seat who engaged us in conversation, above the dog barking. She was staying at a holiday cottage and had been up on the fells on her own. Turned out she lived at Pilling and Cockerham and knew loads of folk that I knew when we lived at garstang................small world eh? She had an old Nikon 2 meg camera that I had to show her how to use :-) Headed uo honister pass from there but couldn't see a thing, other than the big trucks coming and going from the quarry.

Been to the Lakes a few times, like that every time I've been.

I think Quoll and I may have a very different definition of "gorgeous".

I don't do history mate so no probs there.............I'm heading out Friday though for Whitby.

My Aunt and Uncle and a couple of cousins live in Robin Hoods Bay Johndoe. Pop down there if you get chance, interesting place and the pubs have a lock in. Me and the wife went one time in December to stay with my cousin. She had a 3 storey cottage with tiny rooms on each floor one street back from the sea wall. One of the coldest winters I've known. We got snowed in, Robin Hoods Bay got cut off altogether for a few days, no traffic could get over the moors. We went fishing over the sea wall and had icycles hanging off us when we got in. Didn't catch anything either.

Luckily my cousin lived next door to the dolphin pub, step out the front door, one step right, swing right again and you're there, perfect.

She'll be right mate................you make do with the best you have. Went past seathwaite/seatoller yesterday for some pics................highest rainfall in the UK I believe, which is where the army chose to send it's boy soldiers for adventure training in Feb. !!!!! showed Jake the river derwent by Grange which fed into the lake. We used to canoe from there into the lake as boy soldiers............couldn't have done it yesterday..............it was raging. Stopped for a pic and an old biddy pulled up (about 80+ yrs old) with a huge german shepherd on the back seat who engaged us in conversation, above the dog barking. She was staying at a holiday cottage and had been up on the fells on her own. Turned out she lived at Pilling and Cockerham and knew loads of folk that I knew when we lived at garstang................small world eh? She had an old Nikon 2 meg camera that I had to show her how to use :-) Headed uo honister pass from there but couldn't see a thing, other than the big trucks coming and going from the quarry.

Nice dogs those German Shepherds but they do talk some crap. :wink:

Archived