Is Brisbane Boring?

simmo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Few good pubs and breweries. Try this link.

http://www.fremantlewa.com.au/images/freo/pub_trail_web.pdf

If your missus likes markets they have one of them too. Best thing is the Sail and Anchor is directly across from the market so it gives you an excuse to go and wait in there while she goes round the market. What could be better than that?

Thanks mate...though I don't drink so might be me off to the markets and my wife to the bar :)

• 3 weeks later...

Brisbane = boring?

We have Top Shop now.

So those who come here and plan to do nothing different to what they did with their old lives will be one step closer to proper satisfaction.

Onya! :biggrin:

And while ya at it Coles sells Marmite, it's just called Our Mate.

Hehehe

No - seriously...

It's fine. I like it.

Brisbane is awesome. I actually have more fun here than in London because rent doesn't take up like 40% of my net wage so I can afford to have fun.

Brisbane is awesome because:

1. Weather is awesome all year round (summer probably the worst part of year) BBQ every day of the year if you wish.

2. Suncorp is awesome and in the perfect location to go for a few drinks before/after (same with the Gabba)

3. Citycat - relaxing and cheap public transport

4. Need the beach - drive to sunny coast/bribie/gold coast/stradbroke etc..

5. House prices cheaper. I live 5k's from the city - prob be more like 30 in Sydney

6. Microbrewery's popping up all over town

7. South bank

8. Mount Coot-tha look outs/walks so close to the city

9. Golf any day I like with some fantastic courses

10.Driving over the story bridge or chilling out at kangaroo point is an awesome view

Could not get around in Redcliffe, footpaths were blocked with zimmer frames!

Lucky you didn't get hit by a mobility scooter flying the flag with a dog in the basket . We've got a sign showing directions to the CBD , a sign saying ' welcome to Redcliffe City ' and an alley full of pictures of the Bee Gees .but a fantastic place to bring up kids .

Don't understand how anyone can think Fremantle is boring - there is so much going on. We have festivals almost every weekend for about nine months of the year and there are so many cafes, bars, restaurants, sailing club, beautiful beaches - what on earth else would you want? Paul I am so pleased you are moving on as you have sounded so miserable and unhappy - money is not everything - good luck where ever you are moving to.

Archived