dubai water bottles

newjez

6 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

I fell for it again.  I asked the cashier in the shop if you can take bottles onto the plane these days -“yes of course you are already past security”

Grrrr

For the record they do the same annoying trick on you in Bali airport, unless they've changed the rules there recently. I always carry an empty 500ml plastic bottle with me so I can fill it up on the flight (assuming it's long haul), and then again in the destination airport.

3 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Be interesting to see how Australia reacts when the UK scraps the "liquids rule" next year....

I'm sure Australia will scrap it too because you've always been able to take water on Australian domestic flights without any restrictions. I've always thought that the whole policy was farcical, and encouraged by airport authorities so we'd have to buy bottled water at the airports. If you really wanted to get explosives on board a plane it'd be far easier to disguise a stick of gelignite as a scented candle!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 02/11/2013 at 03:26, newjez said:

Why do they sell you water bottles in dubai transit and then take it off you when you try and get on the plane? I'm sure they just resell it to the next mug. Next time, I'll take an empty bottle on board with me and fill it from the dispenser.

Because the people selling you the water may not realise that you're flying to Australia, where a secondary inspection is required by the Australian government and liquids are banned?

Most people transiting in Dubai can take their water onto the plane.  For example, if you are flying from Australia to the UK then you can take your water onto the plane in Dubai.

2 hours ago, rtritudr said:

Because the people selling you the water may not realise that you're flying to Australia, where a secondary inspection is required by the Australian government and liquids are banned?

Most people transiting in Dubai can take their water onto the plane.  For example, if you are flying from Australia to the UK then you can take your water onto the plane in Dubai.

Don't they check your boarding pass for purchases in transit?

I thought it was because they think you might be thirsty and want a drink in transit.

In Doha, they have drinking fountains. Do they have them in Dubai?

1 hour ago, Blue Manna said:

Don't they check your boarding pass for purchases in transit?

I thought it was because they think you might be thirsty and want a drink in transit.

In Doha, they have drinking fountains. Do they have them in Dubai?

Yes they have them in Dubai but I'd never use one.  I watched a "gentleman" hack and spit into one of them.  😫