How long does each states summers last in Oz?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Guest The Ropey HOFF

As you know, we have just had our first good summer for 37 years here in the UK :shocked::yes:

And i was just wondering how long roughly in weeks or months do the summers last in each state or area in Australia, say for instance, the mid twenties, mostly sunny at least 4 to 5 days per week. We have just had about 3 months here in the UK, usually we have no more than one month in a normal year.

Brisbane?

Perth?

Darwin?

Adelaide?

Cairns?

Hobart?

Sydney?

Canberra?

Melbourne?

:wink:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly the same time...Huffie.

The first day of summer in Australia is the 1st of December. The summer months are December, January and February, as they are for the rest of the southern hemisphere.

Warmer weather can start as early as mid October, and can continue to April depending which part of the country you are in, and the weather patterns.

The northern part of Australia is tropical and as such does not have the usual summer season. It has a 'wet season" and a "dry season".

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Exactly the same time...Huffie.

The first day of summer in Australia is the 1st of December. The summer months are December, January and February, as they are for the rest of the southern hemisphere.

Warmer weather can start as early as mid October, and can continue to April depending which part of the country you are in, and the weather patterns.

The northern part of Australia is tropical and as such does not have the usual summer season. It has a 'wet season" and a "dry season".

Cheers, Bobj.

OK Mr Smartypants, lol ..... How long usually do these states have hot weather averaging the mid 20 degrees?

OK Mr Smartypants, lol ..... How long usually do these states have hot weather averaging the mid 20 degrees?

hot weather? mid 20 degrees?

:)

That's mild here.

Vic is very up and down, but from early/mid October you start to see a few mid twenties, but also plenty on mid teens as well. after that November fluctuates from 17-20 up to mid 30's on occasions.

after that ranging from mid 20's to even as high as low 40's sometimes until late jan/early Feb.

and then settling back to mid/high 20's as far as late april before you get more days around and below 20.

country vic gets longer drier periods, with longer periods of higher temps.

hot weather? mid 20 degrees?

:)

That's mild here.

Vic is very up and down, but from early/mid October you start to see a few mid twenties, but also plenty on mid teens as well. after that November fluctuates from 17-20 up to mid 30's on occasions.

after that ranging from mid 20's to even as high as low 40's sometimes until late jan/early Feb.

and then settling back to mid/high 20's as far as late april before you get more days around and below 20.

country vic gets longer drier periods, with longer periods of higher temps.

Saves me typing typing all that out.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Is the answer you want to hear..everyday it's in the 20's, Australia is just amazing...! Ha

No ...... Just wondering how long the summers last, but your right ...... Australia is amazing.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Here in Central Queensland it lasts for nine months of the year....mid twenties or above ......just beautiful :yes:

No need to sound so smug about it, lol.

Sounds fantastic.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
As you know, we have just had our first good summer for 37 years here in the UK :shocked::yes:

And i was just wondering how long roughly in weeks or months do the summers last in each state or area in Australia, say for instance, the mid twenties, mostly sunny at least 4 to 5 days per week. We have just had about 3 months here in the UK, usually we have no more than one month in a normal year.

Brisbane? 9 months.

Perth?

Darwin?

Adelaide?

Cairns?

Hobart?

Sydney?

Canberra?

Melbourne? ​About 4 months.

We have a couple of answers.

And i was just wondering how long roughly in weeks or months do the summers last in each state or area in Australia, say for instance, the mid twenties,

Hobart?

For Hobart it's 4 months of low to mid 20s - December to March. We're the coolest city...so everywhere else in Oz is warmer for longer . Melbourne and Canberra, for example, have those long term averages from November to April.

Perth is above 20s for 8 months of the year but trust me when i tell you it does not feel as hot at 25 degrees here as it did in the UK. We have had constant rain for the last 3 months and in winter your house is so cold as they have no heating or insulation. I have never felt so cold in my life. In the UK my house was always warm no matter the temp outside.

Perth is above 20s for 8 months of the year but trust me when i tell you it does not feel as hot at 25 degrees here as it did in the UK. We have had constant rain for the last 3 months and in winter your house is so cold as they have no heating or insulation. I have never felt so cold in my life. In the UK my house was always warm no matter the temp outside.

Second winter in Perth and we've just invested in new insulation and reverse cycle ducted air con. Only used it to heat so far and I have to say it is amazing! No idea why more people don't have it, as its still used for a good 4 months of the year (for heating).

It depends. Normally in Perth we would have had most days sunny and warm by now. But instead we have just had the wettest September on record and it is only just getting over 20 and a number of days are not making that. I am looking out of the window now and it's grey and drizzling and the forecast is it will get to a max of 18 with showers.

See I don't agree that Brisbane is 9 months.... for me if it falls below about 22 degrees I'm cold (acclimatised) therefore I feel the spring and autumnal changes.... I'd say about 5 months - we've had an unusually warm Sept this year.

Looking at the post you've related to Bisbane, they are central Queensland, so different weather! certainly warmer!

See I don't agree that Brisbane is 9 months.... for me if it falls below about 22 degrees I'm cold (acclimatised) therefore I feel the spring and autumnal changes.... I'd say about 5 months - we've had an unusually warm Sept this year.

Looking at the post you've related to Bisbane, they are central Queensland, so different weather! certainly warmer!

Definately agree with you, we have found quite a big difference in the weather in Brissy to CQ, we spent afew days there in July and I was soooooo cold, couldn't wait to get back to my nice warm climate in Central Queensland! My husband has clients fly up from Bris and they comment on how much warmer/hotter it is.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Definately agree with you, we have found quite a big difference in the weather in Brissy to CQ, we spent afew days there in July and I was soooooo cold, couldn't wait to get back to my nice warm climate in Central Queensland! My husband has clients fly up from Bris and they comment on how much warmer/hotter it is.

I can put in Mackay if you want, I think that's up higher and where Bobj lives, if it is he can tell us how many months he has with 4 to 5 days per week of mid twenty plus degrees of weather each week.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I am asking about how many months does an area have with 4 or 5 days per week of mid twenties plus weather, this would consist of great summer weather for us in the UK, which normally we have about a month if each year.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Mid Oct to late April is 6 months for Melbourne........

Are you saying you have 6 months of 4 to 5 days per week of mid twenty plus weather? I thought Melbournes weather was like the weather in the UK?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Brisbane? 9 months - still not confirmed

Mackay?

Perth? 8 months

Darwin?

Adelaide?

Cairns?

Hobart?

Sydney?

Canberra?

Melbourne? 4 or 6 months? Yet to be confirmed

Anyone like to confirm or deny the entries above, anyone got anymore figures? Cheers

I agree about the feeling cold part but I sometimes swear I live in a parallel Perth to others. Yes it's rained but constant, I don't think so.

Archived