Trying to be positive

Wen66

We are using an agency to help us with our visa. Initially they were very helpful and all looked good.

Until the company appointed us a different case agent. Not getting the feeling this person wants to help or sort anything.

Some of the advice/guidance has not been to our advantage. (I've seen better advice on here, through other people's experiences)

Trying to be patient but feeling frustrated and caught between a rock and hard place.

Has anyone changed agents half way through the process?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheer me up.

Thanku x

In what way are they not being helpful/not having your best interests? Being Devils advocate, just wondering if they're being cautious and the first one was just after you getting to sign up?

Hi Ali.

You could be right on getting us to sign up. The first guy was incrediblely helpful and enthusiastic. Couldn't do enough etc. But this new person,

..none of that. It's like we're disturbing her tea break or something. Seriously beginning to wonder what we're paying for.

Hi Ali.

You could be right on getting us to sign up. The first guy was incrediblely helpful and enthusiastic. Couldn't do enough etc. But this new person,

..none of that. It's like we're disturbing her tea break or something. Seriously beginning to wonder what we're paying for.

Have you done a google review search or the agent you are using. Are they MARA registered. It is the person dealing with your case that should be registered.

I've also been having issues with agents (just getting the initial info before signing/paying). . .pretty curious which one you're using in case it's the same!

I looked on the forums for ones with good feedback before applying as well.

Issues I have

Agent 1:Said that she would call me on Wednesday to discuss terms and conditions (we booked a time and everything). Didn't call and has not replied to emails since.

Agent 2:Sent me through documentation that featured a state we'd never talked about (in fact she's never asked me about state at all) which makes me wonder about her attention to detail, most of her emails just seem to be cut and paste.

Fingers crossed you come to a decision/get the responses from your agent you were hoping for.

Both agents have also given me completely different responses about who should be the main applicant, the both said only one of us was applicable as well

Precisely!

If your agent is unregistered may I suggest you at least run your case past a registered migration agent?

Agreed. You can look up your agent on here to see whether they are registered: https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSearch.aspx

Most agents have a photo of themselves. I would only consider using one who wears a tie and looks well presented - after all, if they can't present themselves well, why would they present your visa application well?

However, neither Mr Mooney nor Living The Dream seem to show up on the MARA database.

Hi there

No they're not but Tony Mooney is a name that has been going around PIO for a long time, if you google live the dream (sorry I thought it was living) they are based in bedford, uk, you will see lots of testimonials from other people that have used them and one of them mention Tony in their statement. Just trying to help:biggrin:

Thankyou for all your replies.:hug:

Hubby sent an email to the company expressing his disappointment, in having to sort some difficult info himself. Surprisingly the agent phoned almost straight away full of apologies, reassuring him that all is well and progressing. We reckon she had her manager listening in to the call....

So hopefully she will be more responsive.

Good News: References now acquired and submitted. We are now awaiting to hear back from ACS. Fingers crossed. x

Hi there

No they're not but Tony Mooney is a name that has been going around PIO for a long time, if you google live the dream (sorry I thought it was living) they are based in bedford, uk, you will see lots of testimonials from other people that have used them and one of them mention Tony in their statement. Just trying to help:biggrin:

it is not a name that has been going around PIO of a long time - anyone can write testimonials on their website. The company you suggest are more of migration management - rather than a registered migration agent.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/109204-live-dream-australia-futurenet-recruitment.html

Hi there

This company and this individual might have been mentioned on PIO, but they are not typically amongst the recommended companies because of the absence of MARA registration. Personally, I always say to avoid the companies that try to sell dreams.

Does anyone know by chance if MARA agents from Australia or UK would cover overseas cases ?! I am from Asia. I may want to consult a MARA-registered agent at some point. However, I did try to email a MARA agent in Australia , and disappointingly, I heard no reply?!

There is no geographic restriction for MARA agents. They can take on cases from overseas, but that would be their choice. I am imagining that if you e-mail one of the agents that posts on this forum, they would respond - since their main motivation for being here is to generate business.

There is no geographic restriction for MARA agents. They can take on cases from overseas, but that would be their choice. I am imagining that if you e-mail one of the agents that posts on this forum, they would respond - since their main motivation for being here is to generate business.

Thanks for your reply, that was exactly what I did. I will try other ones at some points.

Have now heard back from ACS...looking good, all positive.

Unfortunately we're back to attitude from the agent. Apparently we're not her only client and she may try to process our EOI this week, if she has time......of course we are not her only client and we know she may be extremely busy but there are ways of reassuring your client, instill some confidence?

If only they didn't have all our money. Hubby demanded to speak to her manager, he has promised all will be sorted...emm. If this all goes through, I will definitely not be recommending this company. I am sure they are good but this girl is so unprofessional, it's unreal.

Rant over...still trying to stay positive...:)

This company and this individual might have been mentioned on PIO, but they are not typically amongst the recommended companies because of the absence of MARA registration. Personally, I always say to avoid the companies that try to sell dreams.

If the poster has personal experience with Tony Mooney and it went well it's worth a shot.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi there

Not as a registered agent it hasn't. He has a relocation company which is what I use to do but I would NEVER say I can help people with their visas it would be illegal for a start.

Here is something wrote by Tony himself on one of the forums.

This is Tony Mooney a director of Futurenet Publishing Ltd the company who owns www.livethedreamauastralia.com. My role is to assist clients to a new life in Australia. I am concerned that some comments on this and some other forums do not really reflect what we do. This is our story.

It is true we are not registered migration agents, this is because you have to be Australian which we are not. Although Mike Ingram my co-director has over 12 years experience of managing visa cases from a previous employer.

We are not a recruitment company but we work with recruiters in Australia to find suitable employment from companies able and willing to offer sponsorship with the 457 visa.

We do charge a fee for providing a Migration Management Service to suitably qualified people from the UK & Ireland. It is possible we are the only company in the UK who offer the service we do. This is how it works.

Initial interview including a technical interview is offered to discuss options. If both parties wish to proceed we ask for our engagement document to be signed and a fee of £250.00 +vat is taken.

From this point we concentrate on getting our client, employer, ready with the creation of a resume suitable for the Australia market. The resume is then presented to potential employers through the employers agent. (we do not take a placement fee from the employer)

Upon a job offer being made and accepted by the client we charge the second part of our fee. We then collate all of the required document for the 457 visa, including the ccompulsoryhealth insurance, before it is submitted, at which point we take the final part of our fee.

The next part of the service is to manage the relocation, each client is different however typically we open bank accounts and FX accounts, arrange for shipping and pet transfers, gather information on schools etc, arrange temporary accommodation upon arrival and meet the client at the airport.

But it does not end there. We then start working on their permanent resident visa. Some employers expect two years service before supporting a PR application. There is a separate fee for this.

We also negotiate relocation packages with the employer through their agent, this can see a saving on such things as accommodation, transport and in some cases flights to Australia. We are currently looking for Diesel mechanics and Plant fitters who if selected will have their flights paid for, 8 weeks accommodation paid for and if needed offer a loan of £3000. In some cases the relocation package is worth more than our total fees.

Please compare this to any other company in the UK offering a migration or a relocation service.

Let me put this into some context. Until a job offer is secured the risk to our client is £250 +vat.

As for the suggestion we guarantee getting a job, that is not possible so I can only assume the comment has been mis-read. We have said that if our full is paid we guarantee you will have a job, which is a fact. We currently have over 250 places to fill.

I am not qualified to advise anyone about the changes to the skilled migration visa pathway but I have been told by clients that UK migration agents have quoted costs of around £7,000 to obtain a visa, with no job attached. Maybe we are worth speaking to?

I hope the information contained here is taken in the manner which it is given. We understand that the decision to move to Australia is a massive one and should not be taken lightly.

Best wishes

Tony Mooney

So as you can see Tony admits he is

a) Not a registered agent

b) Not qualified to advise anyone about the changes to the skilled migration visa pathway

So back to the OP if you are wanting to pay for a relocation agent consider him, if you are wanting a visa look at agents who are registered and well known. On here we have Raul (ABA), Westley (WRussell) or Alan Collett, you also have George Lombard. Now these are names that have been thrown around the forum for lots of years and I have yet to see negative feedback on either

Archived