Cities in the UK you have not yet been to (but would like to check out)

Red Rose

Guest guest30085

Are we only talking major cities? There's plenty of cities but a lot of them I couldn't imagine going to or perhaps know it was a city ;)

Have been to Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast ..... I haven't been to Cardiff .... I once got as far as Aberystwyth if that counts ? :)

Guest Guest16631

........would love to have visited Bath........I think the royal crescent is an amazing and the history interests me.....roman baths..the first spa........!

........and Canterbury......to see the cathedral.....

.......Milton Keynes to see the cows......

.......but even the city's I have visited have so much more to explore......

........don't think you can ever ....see......everything in a city......so many nooks and crannies...

........lanes and back allies........often ever changing........

........love cities.....!

I've seen most of the major ones but I'm another one who's somehow managed to miss Liverpool. I really need to see the Cavern Club and then take a ferry across the Mersey!

The cavern is ok but the ferry is just a boat trip over a river with a city in the background.

A visit to the maritime museum at the docks is a much better use of your time there.

Glasgow and Edinburgh ,been to most,as a kid with me arl fellah in his wagon,or travelling away with Liverpool fc,and working in them,Bristol is my fav,outside of my city

You so have to come up - you got plenty of pals up here, me and Stacey will see you alright :)

They are very different cities and I love them both for different reasons. Love Liverpool too mind, got my parents there for the first time last year (in their 80s!) - they were a bit reluctant to come but loved it.

I have been to almost every major city in the UK, followed a lot of bands and Middlesbrough speedway (every single home and away fixture one season!) but the one place I've never been is Manchester - my OH reckons that's a good thing. I've been very close - had friends that lived in Altrincham and nearly made it a couple of times - had hotels booked for the Commonwealth games and then got no tickets!

Liverpool is definitely one, i keep wondering if i've been when i was younger but dont think I have. Havent been to wales at all so would maybe like to check out cardiff

You an Pablo need to do an exchange visit :)

You so have to come up - you got plenty of pals up here, me and Stacey will see you alright :)

They are very different cities and I love them both for different reasons. Love Liverpool too mind, got my parents there for the first time last year (in their 80s!) - they were a bit reluctant to come but loved it.

I have been to almost every major city in the UK, followed a lot of bands and Middlesbrough speedway (every single home and away fixture one season!) but the one place I've never been is Manchester - my OH reckons that's a good thing. I've been very close - had friends that lived in Altrincham and nearly made it a couple of times - had hotels booked for the Commonwealth games and then got no tickets!

Lol,i can just imagine the curtains twitching slightly when i knock on your doors LR,pint of milk left out,and a flyer in the letterbox for effect,ie we're NOT home!:twitcy::wink:

Yeah i know theyre very different,Glasgow Dublin and Liverpool very similar in attitude i find from the people ive met,similar black/harsh sense of humour,Edinburgh fancies itself the classier of the two Scots cities,again,thats just going on people ive worked with and met

Its a disgrace i havent been up there yet tbh

I want to see more of London and I would really like to see Dublin, Belfast and other Irish cities that look interesting. I've been to scotland now, been to most places down south, from lands end to norwich, and i'm not that interested in seeing other cities up north, maybe liverpool but that's about it. Went to blackpool as a kid but that'll be the first and last.

I'm trying to visit the ones I haven't been to, in the next 6 months or so - next stop... Liverpool! (in November, brrrr). Also need to visit Newcastle, Glasgow & Edinburgh at some point.

I thought Newcastle was going to be a dump for some reason, but really liked it, a good mix of modern and old and in parts a very handsome city

I thought Newcastle was going to be a dump for some reason, but really liked it, a good mix of modern and old and in parts a very handsome city

I think a lot of people are surprised at how lovely Newcastle is. Some people still think its a dirty industrial city. We're lucky to be a short drive to the coast and beautiful countryside. I love it, it's home! I'm glad you liked it Red Rose.

Oh I've just filled up!

Guest guest30085
I think a lot of people are surprised at how lovely Newcastle is. Some people still think its a dirty industrial city. We're lucky to be a short drive to the coast and beautiful countryside. I love it, it's home! I'm glad you liked it Red Rose.

Oh I've just filled up!

I didn't put Newcastle on my list, but I quite liked it when I went, have been a few places in the North East (mostly sales calls with my old job) there's a lot of nice areas, Durham was my favourite though :)

I didn't put Newcastle on my list, but I quite liked it when I went, have been a few places in the North East (mostly sales calls with my old job) there's a lot of nice areas, Durham was my favourite though :)

I love Durham, I went on a school trip to the cathedral and have loved it since then, same with York, it's beautiful! I used to take my daughter there on the train when she was little, she loves it too. Harrogate is another place I love, not a city but worth a visit. I was delighted when my daughter moved there a few years ago. A few of the cities I've only seen because she's an army wife! Like Norwich, Ipswich, Bath, which is beautiful, Hereford, which is not a pretty city but the surrounding countryside is stunning in places and Winchester, also beautiful. Glasgow and Edinburgh were hen night visits! Cardiff, medical for my visa, Liverpool to get my daughters passport in a hurry.

Guest guest30085
I love Durham, I went on a school trip to the cathedral and have loved it since then, same with York, it's beautiful! I used to take my daughter there on the train when she was little, she loves it too. Harrogate is another place I love, not a city but worth a visit. I was delighted when my daughter moved there a few years ago. A few of the cities I've only seen because she's an army wife! Like Norwich, Ipswich, Bath, which is beautiful, Hereford, which is not a pretty city but the surrounding countryside is stunning in places and Winchester, also beautiful. Glasgow and Edinburgh were hen night visits! Cardiff, medical for my visa, Liverpool to get my daughters passport in a hurry.

Yes, some of the best places there, I loved Bath, York is lovely, Harrogate Ive been to quite a lot, Im only just over one hour away :)

Guest guest30085
We used to put the girls on the school bus at the end of the street, then go to Betty's for breakfast! :smile:

Ah Betty's :)

I haven't been to Harrogate for a long while ..... I last went with an old friend, nice place to visit :biggrin:

Bath is good,not as good as bristol,but good,ahhhh the times i had in bath in The Griffin pub,slept with a ronald mcdonald lookalike barmaid for a week,because i had no £ on me for a hotel or digs,the last boss was slow in paying me,because i'd spent all friday in the pub(i was in me 20's,its allowed ffs),then i told him i was leaving:rolleyes:,so he messed me £ about for a week,got it in the end.

I used to try and get in before her,then pretend to be asleep when she got in bed(after her darts match),but she just used to shake me "awake" anyway,and that was me rent:embarrassed:for shame!:wubclub:

She kicked me out in the end,for trying to cop off with her flat mate:twitcy:,i'd been paid by then tho,so it was ok,proper translucent she was ronald,see through with pronounced blue veins:wideeyed:

I went in,and came out the other side,and survived tho:jiggy:

Archived