Ping pong pom

Proview220

any one moved back to uk and want to go back to oz?

what was your reason for coming back in the first place?

whats your reason for wanting to go back to oz ?

what part of oz did you leave ?

would you go back to the same part of oz ?

I came back in June this year after 1 yr on the gold Coast, starting to miss it again, wondering if we should go back.

Was quite shocked when I read that you had returned to them UK on another thread.

I think a lot,of people will always have one foot in each country, missing things from the one there not in.

would it be quite easy for you to come back, do you fancy trying somewhere different?

since being back its made me realise what i want in life, i think i could give Australia another go for sure, would i go to the same part...Um! not sure but would love to go back.

since being back its made me realise what i want in life, i think i could give Australia another go for sure, would i go to the same part...Um! not sure but would love to go back.

Well why not do so then. It depends a lot on the hassle involved. Be honest to yourself about the reasons. Perhaps another location would better suit? If travelling light easy enough to do. I dome OZ twice before returning to settle long term. Nothing has to be forever. Will very likely move again but wouldn't be to UK.

Hey mate, i havent been on here for a while but just had a quick look and was supprised to see that you have moved backed, What made you want to come back? did you get work okay? we are in perh now, been here for seven months and loving it.

We lived in Perth for 18 months but moved back to Uk. Had a 3 yrs old really missing family and then had another baby out there. No help and I found things really hard even though hubby loved his job. Now been back a year in Uk, and really really miss Australia. We are not sure what to do, or for the best. Given it a good go here but hubby hates his job here. Nice being with people but not sure what's best for the future, tank you are right you miss certain things in each country having experienced both. With regret we should have stayed longer in Perth even though found things extremely hard.

Curse of the expat! Nowhere is going to be perfect after this and whenever things dont go quite right you start comparing the good of what you had with the not good of what you've got. If you want to continue the adventure then go by all means but you'll probably be pinging and ponging for the rest of your days.

Just do what makes you happy Alan, but consider the issues you had here first time around and either think of a way to get around them next time or if area related ,go elsewhere.

For what its worth our friends in Radcliffe are heading back out, they have done 18 mths back in the UK and have decided they want to be back in Aus.. Lots of familys ping pong for various reasons, so you certainly wouldnt be the first,lol.

Cal x

Hey mate, i havent been on here for a while but just had a quick look and was supprised to see that you have moved backed, What made you want to come back? did you get work okay? we are in perh now, been here for seven months and loving it.

hey mate how you doing? we moved to the gold coast last sept 12 with the intension of it being long term, I was ok until Jan 13 then it just hit me, I was home sick and found it hard to cope with daily life on top of that we had the pressure of finding work etc, with all that I just went from bad to worse and wanted to come back, we ended up coming back end of June, since being back its made me realise where i want to be and its no the uk, I would rather struggle in Australia than here in the uk, yes the grass is not greener but the weather and he lay out of the place is better, I at the time obviously I thought Uk was best.

I hope to return at some point.

Just do what makes you happy Alan, but consider the issues you had here first time around and either think of a way to get around them next time or if area related ,go elsewhere.

For what its worth our friends in Radcliffe are heading back out, they have done 18 mths back in the UK and have decided they want to be back in Aus.. Lots of familys ping pong for various reasons, so you certainly wouldnt be the first,lol.

Cal x

Cal the issues was home sick and work, but since being back work is just as hard to find here in Uk, I still love Australia, some come back to UK and nevr want to go back but I do.

Hey Alan,

Just having a mooch around PIO and thought I know who that is when I saw your post. I wondered if you had come back to the UK. We too are heading back to the Gold Coast at the end on October. Nothing to do with either country really as I have loved being back in Manchester with the hustle & bustle but my husband has been offered another job back in Brisbane, I can have my old job back and we now have PR so we will return.

I'm actually going to find it much harder to leave this time as I feel for my family here having to say good bye again for the second time around.

Let me know how you go .....

Alison

Hi,

We are soon to be ping pong poms :biggrin: We went out in 2007 did 3 yrs, we loved Perth.

Reason for coming back to sunny Belfast was that my dad was unwell, and i decided I wanted to go home so I could be with him and my family. My OH and kids were not to pleased with this, but it was my way or the high way. So home now for 3 yrs and although my dad is well again, I always missed Australia, we never settled back here.

We were lucky enough we got a RRV for another 5 yrs and we are heading back in November. :wink:

Good luck with what you decide.

This will be our last move. We can just about afford this move back. :laugh:

Just be aware, that in my experience at least, the home sickness does not improve or go away the second time around. I put in place strategies to help with other aspects we struggled with first time around, but there's nothing I can do about the homesickness. And with me it's only partially homesickness for family, mostly it is for the British way of life, the scenery and countryside there. We have also had to deal with my OH's fathers illness and death this year which has been very difficult to deal with.

Before you go back consider how you're going to deal with the homesickness if it arises. I know some people ping pong and have no homesickness the second time around but it's not always the case.

Hi,

We are soon to be ping pong poms :biggrin: We went out in 2007 did 3 yrs, we loved Perth.

Reason for coming back to sunny Belfast was that my dad was unwell, and i decided I wanted to go home so I could be with him and my family. My OH and kids were not to pleased with this, but it was my way or the high way. So home now for 3 yrs and although my dad is well again, I always missed Australia, we never settled back here.

We were lucky enough we got a RRV for another 5 yrs and we are heading back in November. :wink:

Good luck with what you decide.

This will be our last move. We can just about afford this move back. :laugh:

good luck when u go back guys

Guest malkamlka

After 32 years in Oz, I returned to the UK (for personal reasons) in 2005. TBH, I don't miss it that much. But last year, I spent a week in Verbier in Switzerland - now that's a place I could live. However, at a million Euros for a 1 bed pad, it just isn't going to happen.

My advice - life is short, do what you have to - but don't be miserable. It's not worth it.

After 32 years in Oz, I returned to the UK (for personal reasons) in 2005. TBH, I don't miss it that much. But last year, I spent a week in Verbier in Switzerland - now that's a place I could live. However, at a million Euros for a 1 bed pad, it just isn't going to happen.

My advice - life is short, do what you have to - but don't be miserable. It's not worth it.

I too did 31 years in both countries and returned to UK in April - absolutely loving it here. Can't get my head around low food prices and the choice of shops, nor the low cost of broadband and cars and there is so much to see I feel overwhelmed by choice.

I too did 31 years in both countries and returned to UK in April - absolutely loving it here. Can't get my head around low food prices and the choice of shops, nor the low cost of broadband and cars and there is so much to see I feel overwhelmed by choice.

I always said the same to my wife about the cost of living being cheaper! in uk is it that things are over priced in oz compared to the uk or is it a case of the exchange rate and that you are suppost to be earning bigger wages in Australia, ?

• 3 weeks later...

Depends what you want out of life. Got to figure out what do I want to be doing? Where do I want to be financially? How much does the British weather affect me? In which country do the good things outweigh the bad things?

That makes it sound a bit too simple but I think that last point is it - where do the good things outweigh the bad things?

hope that helps a mini bit!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest 47403

hey mate how you doing? we moved to the gold coast last sept 12 with the intension of it being long term, I was ok until Jan 13 then it just hit me, I was home sick and found it hard to cope with daily life on top of that we had the pressure of finding work etc, with all that I just went from bad to worse and wanted to come back, we ended up coming back end of June, since being back its made me realise where i want to be and its no the uk, I would rather struggle in Australia than here in the uk, yes the grass is not greener but the weather and he lay out of the place is better, I at the time obviously I thought Uk was best.

I hope to return at some point.

You made any plans yet mate? Guessing you don't wanna go back to the gold coast if work was hard to come by before, If it's any good I know someone who has recently moved to Adelaide (chippy) and found work within 3 weeks doing shop fitting but has now moved on to company doing bespoke kitchens.

Hey Alan,

Just having a mooch around PIO and thought I know who that is when I saw your post. I wondered if you had come back to the UK. We too are heading back to the Gold Coast at the end on October. Nothing to do with either country really as I have loved being back in Manchester with the hustle & bustle but my husband has been offered another job back in Brisbane, I can have my old job back and we now have PR so we will return.

I'm actually going to find it much harder to leave this time as I feel for my family here having to say good bye again for the second time around.

Let me know how you go .....

Alison

Hey Im not actually sure who you are with you saying Quote I know who that is? Have you gone back to the gold coast now, we are heading back too in the NY

Guest Guest 47403
Hey Im not actually sure who you are with you saying Quote I know who that is? Have you gone back to the gold coast now, we are heading back too in the NY

Decided where you are heading too proview?

hey mate what do you do for work?me and my family are heading out that way next sept. im a carpenter. any tips?
im a carpenter, work is very hard to find in all building trades on th GC

Archived