Do we just give up?

Hallfamily

Been living this dream to move to Australia for many years now, my OH has worked hard to get himself Triple Chartered last year. He has completed his IELTS test early this year, then he started the process with Vetassess at the beginning of June, we are still awaiting results from them. Our dreams were shattered when they updated the Sols list in August to find that my OH occupation had been removed of all lists. I am right in saying this is the end of a dream I guess, I cannot think of any other route to get in Australia as we do not have an employer to sponsor him. Has anyone else had this problem?

Been living this dream to move to Australia for many years now, my OH has worked hard to get himself Triple Chartered last year. He has completed his IELTS test early this year, then he started the process with Vetassess at the beginning of June, we are still awaiting results from them. Our dreams were shattered when they updated the Sols list in August to find that my OH occupation had been removed of all lists. I am right in saying this is the end of a dream I guess, I cannot think of any other route to get in Australia as we do not have an employer to sponsor him. Has anyone else had this problem?

if the occupation is listed on the CSOL then you can apply for a 190. check the state sponsored occupations List for your OHs occupation

Why not try New Zealand instead, do your time there and after you get Citizenship your entitled to just walk right into Australia , that was ALWAYS going to be our PLAN B, We didnt need to do it that way in the end how ever i know a lot of Poms who have .Good Luck Never say Never

Have been looking on their lists and my OH occupation is not on there either, as we would have gone down that route. Not looking good hey!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could help you, but just wanted to say Please don't give up! My OH was told there was no way he would get a visa and we went through a rollercoaster of emotions. I couldn't accept it and did not give up. He was offered a 457 visa and turned it down as we really wanted a PR visa. A big gamble at the time, but it paid off. We fly out to WA on 8 Oct having been granted a PR visa because we were determined to get there. The lists change and are updated. I agree, contact some companies and enquire about sponsorship. You don't have to rely on a 457 visa. Take a look at the 186 visa, this is PR. Alternatively, speak to a reputatable MA and ask their advice.

Wishing you the best of Luck and hope you manage to fulfil your dreams.

Been trying since 2008. Came so very close March 2012. I have connections in Australia now, Perth and Sydney, so I am just hanging on here to see what happens. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't then at least I tried. Not giving up yet but my lad turns 18 next July and I'm sure there are Visa issues at that turning of age.

Anyway we'll see but don't give up.

Sponsorship still requires the occupation to be on the SOL or CSOL lists. If it is not on either then there is no current way. Though the lists are updated regularly and what is not possible now, may be in a few months time.

I wish I could help you, but just wanted to say Please don't give up! My OH was told there was no way he would get a visa and we went through a rollercoaster of emotions. I couldn't accept it and did not give up. He was offered a 457 visa and turned it down as we really wanted a PR visa. A big gamble at the time, but it paid off. We fly out to WA on 8 Oct having been granted a PR visa because we were determined to get there. The lists change and are updated. I agree, contact some companies and enquire about sponsorship. You don't have to rely on a 457 visa. Take a look at the 186 visa, this is PR. Alternatively, speak to a reputatable MA and ask their advice.

Wishing you the best of Luck and hope you manage to fulfil your dreams.