457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

Hey,

Yeah, could do without having to replace it right now! Need to talk the Apple Store as not sure how the warranty on any replacement (I've been told they don't repair them, they only offer a similar replacement at a cost of somewhere between £150-200, OUCH!) will work when I move. Just another thing to add to the long list of stuff to sort out.

That's good about your nomination - day before mine was approved so fingers crossed we'll both hear something soon! I hope your MA's right - it would be really good to have the visa through by the end of the month so I can stop stressing and start putting the wheels in motion!

I told all my friends and family because they're pretty widely dispersed around the country and I wanted to make sure I saw as many people as possible before I go. Once my visa's through I have to move pretty fast (I need to be there and over the jet lag by the last week of Feb for work) so won't have time to do a load of lengthy explanations and goodbyes so I guess I chose to take on the constant questions rather than miss out on seeing people. It is driving me slightly insane though!

On the TRN thing - my MA gave me the tracking number knowing I wanted it to track my application online, so I don't think it'll cause any problems. When you set up an account it asks you who you are (i.e. what role you are playing in the application process) so I assume the system is intelligent enough to know if there's already an MA account set up with that TRN and to allow you access as the applicant without interfering with the process. I'm not sure if the TRN for the nomination is the same as for the application, I assume it would be but I know the SBS number is different.

The Immi Account doesn't give you a whole lot of info to be honest, I just needed to feel like I had something I could keep an eye on! As far as I know, all the email notifications will still go to my MA.

Best of luck, and stay sane (I know it's tough!) Hopefully we'll both get good news next week, then the real panic can start. :-)

Amy

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sort of wished I'd only told family as that's all I get asked too from friends and colleagues but I could control my mouth and excitement!

Rubbish about your I pad Amy will home insurance cover it?

Yup, my excitement got the better of me too. Plus, I'm transferring with work and already doing the job from the UK so I had to tell my colleagues and I didn't want them knowing and not my friends!

I stupidly didn't renew my contents insurance (in December) because I wasn't expecting to be here much longer - expensive lesson learned there! I tried complaining to my boss about it yesterday in the hope she'd take pity on me and buy me a new one (after all, the reason I'm so tired and clumsy at the moment is because I'm trying to cover Australia from the UK!) but she wasn't buying it. :'(

Sure your nomination won't be far away. I thought the visa grant would be really quick once the nomination came through but clearly not that quick!

Sort of wished I'd only told family as that's all I get asked too from friends and colleagues but I could control my mouth and excitement!

Rubbish about your I pad Amy will home insurance cover it?

Pinky where you moving to?

We can't relax until we know nomination has been accepted its torture! All seems a bit surreal at moment too!

Hello, we are moving to the Gold Coast, OH office is based half way between there and Brisbane, so looking at Robina and Varsity lakes for houses, I have a 15yo & 9 month ( yes big age gap lol) so sorting schools out aswell :confused: OH new employers are great thank god, I'm dreading the shipping people coming in as they have to pack not us, good in some ways but I need a BIG sort out 1st :chatterbox:

Where are you heading to? Have you been out to Oz already?

Amy,

maybe be I should leave the immi account thing and just keep to my emails as knowing my luck I will balls something up and freak out even more!!! Fingers crossed we get our visa close to each other as our time scales seem similar even though I think it's a luck game :swoon: Yep I agree we think now is a mad time when the green light comes a month will fly by ahhhh = good times :laugh:

We are same as you too friends all around country so needed to factor in time to see them before we leave as I'm sure they won't all make our leaving drinks in London. BF also transferring so his work mates obviously know too. Once you tell one person that's it! I keep slipping up with people at work who don't know yet too! Oops!

Weve de cluttered our flat so it's off to the dump and charity shop tomorrow.

Cant wait for warm weather apparently still early twenties in march / April in Melbs lush!

i applied for few jobs yesterday too to test the waters seems like quite a few HR jobs so I'm keeping fingers crossed. Visa first hurdle though grr.

Hello, we are moving to the Gold Coast, OH office is based half way between there and Brisbane, so looking at Robina and Varsity lakes for houses, I have a 15yo & 9 month ( yes big age gap lol) so sorting schools out aswell :confused: OH new employers are great thank god, I'm dreading the shipping people coming in as they have to pack not us, good in some ways but I need a BIG sort out 1st :chatterbox:

Where are you heading to? Have you been out to Oz already?

Gold coast nice and warm! Sorting out is the worst once you start you almost wish you hadn't ha ha but feels good when you finish!

We both spent time (separately) on a WHV years ago I lived in Sydney Cairns and Maggie Island and my BF lived in Melbs. My brother and his family moved out to Perth couple years ago do we visited them last year it's lovely in WA but way too quiet for us. Going back to oz it seemed much more americanised this time but what I did notice was how positive everyone appeared and friendly. Going back for the holiday made us realise we also wanted to move. It's another adventure!

On the TRN thing - my MA gave me the tracking number knowing I wanted it to track my application online, so I don't think it'll cause any problems. When you set up an account it asks you who you are (i.e. what role you are playing in the application process) so I assume the system is intelligent enough to know if there's already an MA account set up with that TRN and to allow you access as the applicant without interfering with the process. I'm not sure if the TRN for the nomination is the same as for the application, I assume it would be but I know the SBS number is different.

oh, it didnt ask me who I was? so I have set up the account (in his name) but dont know how to search using the TRN?

Hmm, I'm sure I had to tick a box that said I was the applicant...maybe that was when I imported the application rather than setting up the account. It's all a bit of a blur. Ignore the Search function and go to the "Import Application" button - that should ask you for the TRN. If that doesn't work, I have no idea I'm afraid!

Hey,

My partner and I are planning on moving to Melbs as soon as we have received our 457. She is being sponsored by her company and I will be joining as her partner.

One thing which we are unsure of is the medical insurance requirement, can anyone shed some light on what level of insurance is required and where we can get this? As UK residents is their any agreement between the countries that provides UK residents with access to the Australian version of the NHS or are we required to take out our own health insurance? very unsure so any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Submitted our visa application on the 7th Jan....still no news..was informed 3-4 months but that seems to be the standard response.

Thanks!

Hey,

My partner and I are planning on moving to Melbs as soon as we have received our 457. She is being sponsored by her company and I will be joining as her partner.

One thing which we are unsure of is the medical insurance requirement, can anyone shed some light on what level of insurance is required and where we can get this? As UK residents is their any agreement between the countries that provides UK residents with access to the Australian version of the NHS or are we required to take out our own health insurance? very unsure so any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Submitted our visa application on the 7th Jan....still no news..was informed 3-4 months but that seems to be the standard response.

Thanks!

Hello,

we had a MA do or visa and we had to get medical ins with BUPA in place before we had our visa lodged, they are paying for it until we are physically in Oz. I think once your out there you can see what's available but don't quote me on that :biggrin:

Pretty sure UK 457's are covered under Medicare as part of the reciprocal agreement, you need insurance to cover you when you first arrive in Oz but you can pick up a Medicare card once you arrive. Think the coverage you get is pretty basic though so you'll probably want to consider topping up with private cover. You'll also need ambulance cover as it's not part of the medicare service like it is on the NHS.

Hey,

Thanks!

I *think* UK residents are exempt from this requirement due to a reciprocal agreement for Medicare, but I can't swear to this. If you do need coverage, check the major providers such as BUPA, MediBank, etc. and they will offer an Overseas Visitor coverage that should specifically say it satisfies the reuiqrement for 457 visas. Once you sign up, they'll send you a confirmation of coverage letter that you can use with your application as needed.

What is the average time for VISA processing.. as per immi website its 3-4 months. but what in real ? and in worst case how long it could take ( may be 6+ month ) ?

My file lodged on 27Dec but still no news..

I am waiting from 28 june

Anyone got any updates on their visa? We still have no CO :confused: But keep getting told things should start happening from today as the summer holidays are now over.......... We will see!!

I have got email from case officer . He requested following..

.qualification

.about position

.relationship proof

I submitted every thing before . I don't know why they asking these again ....

Hi All,

I have been reading this thread for a few days now and really want to join the pack too.

I am kinda in a same situation waiting for responses.

My 457 application was lodged on 16/10/13 through MA.

I believe I have a CO because MA asked me for more information and other documents.

So I submitted them all before Christmas - 18/12/13.

After that I haven't heard anything from MA at all.

It has been roughly 2-3 months now and it is really frustrating.

I do not believe that it will take this long!!!!

Cheers,

Hi All,

I have been reading this thread for a few days now and really want to join the pack too.

I believe I have a CO because MA asked me for more information and other documents.

Cheers,

Hello welcome!

Cant you contact your MA? Do you have an immi account so you can log on and check status and progress? Seems to be varying waiting times from 5 days to 6+ months!

Hi All,

Cheers,

Hey,

Where are you applying from and to as the wait time appears to vary quite a lot depending on whether you're in a high or low risk country and also which state you're applying to live in as the different immi centres will have different processing times? Hopefully you'll hear something good soon. If I were you I'd contact your MA for an update.

Anyone got any updates on their visa? We still have no CO :confused: But keep getting told things should start happening from today as the summer holidays are now over.......... We will see!!

Hey, nothing exciting to report yet. Spoke to my MA yesterday, mainly to vent some frustration, and they confirmed I do have a CO allocated and they are reviewing my application so fingers crossed I'll hear something soon.

Archived