Brisbane or Melbourne?

terriokane

Hey,

Myself and my boyfriend are currently on a farm in Queensland to get our second year visa. We finish in October and are unsure whether to go to Brisbane or Melbourne. I know it's a while away but I like to plan and know whats happening and time goes fast.

We arrived in Brisbane and stayed there a few weeks before travelling the east coast. We did try to find jobs in Brisbane but found it difficult but that was May time. We did love Brisbane even though there isn't much to do there but we have never been to Melbourne and have heard good things about it.

We plan on settling somewhere now for 6months or so. Can anyone advise which is better with regards to things to do, work, rentals etc. We also considered Perth but don't want to travel west yet as I want to go to Sydney for New Years.

Thanks in advance

Terri :)

Thanks for your replies, Loving the sound of Melbourne but scared cause its another new place but all part of travelling. Just wondering what the weather is like in Melbourne around october onwards? In Qld it's the wet session come December time, does Melbourne get that?

Thanks Terri:)

As you have been to Brisbane, might as well give Melbourne a go next. You can google the rainfall charts pretty easily, I cannot at moment as on a mobile device, but I would be very surprised if Melbourne is as wet as Queensland that time of year.

Just wondering what the weather is like in Melbourne around october onwards? In Qld it's the wet session come December time, does Melbourne get that?

No, Melbourne is much drier during those months - particularly January, February and March - as it's not in the tropics/subtropics as Qld is.

Thanks for your replies, Loving the sound of Melbourne but scared cause its another new place but all part of travelling. Just wondering what the weather is like in Melbourne around october onwards? In Qld it's the wet session come December time, does Melbourne get that?

It will be spring in Melbourne so one day may be hot, the next day much cooler. The temp can move from 30 one day to 13 the next! Its often sunny though and settles down beautifully as you get into November December. No wet season here as such, just 4 seasons (in one day).

Fitzroy/Brunswick are pretty cool, think Camden/Hoxton but with better weather. I chose St Kilda though as being close to the beach is a novelty for me.

Transport is a good ad you'll get in Australia. An extensive over ground train network and trams. From the centre of st kilda to CBD by tram is 15 minutes.

Enjoy wherever you end up!

Archived