UK Heatwave Returns

simmo

I didn't know it had gone TBH, not been one day below 20o down here for months.

Temperatures are expected to hit 88F (31C) with fine and settled conditions set to last into the Bank Holiday weekend.

Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services, said the hot weather could even continue into September.

Although the highest temperatures will be in the South, most of the country will enjoy another burst of glorious summer sunshine as a high-pressure system, similar to the one that triggered July’s heatwave, settles over the UK.

Not only that.....

[h=1]Extreme heatwaves are predicted as the new normal for British summers by 2040[/h]

:evilface_frowning_s:xmas16:

Someone told me recently that it was coming into Autumn in the UK (the most beautiful season, I think) but I thought they had only just had their Summer?! Husband and I were, I must admit, quite pleased to be enjoying an Aussie winter of 27 degree days!

Guest Guest26012
I didn't know it had gone TBH, not been one day below 20o down here for months.

Not only that.....

:evilface_frowning_s:xmas16:

Slip slop slap!

I,m more concerned about the heat damaging car paint :cool:

Forget the stench of babies sh1tty nappies piling up in the street, the racist chavs beating up old men in the street all over England you should see the state of my curtains:elvis:. I'm seriously thinking of going to oz to pick bananas for $18 an hour!

Guest The Pom Queen
So 20 degrees is considered hot in the UK is it ?

cute I suppose.

It dropped to 22 tonight up in Fairyland and I was shivering and teeth chattering, (I'm not joking either) god help me if ever we moved.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
So 20 degrees is considered hot in the UK is it ?

cute I suppose.

NO ...... 20 degrees isn't hot, it's just warm, but for the last few years it's been averaging the mid teens, so 20 is fantastic, it's almost like a summer.

Guest Ptp113
NO ...... 20 degrees isn't hot, it's just warm, but for the last few years it's been averaging the mid teens, so 20 is fantastic, it's almost like a summer.

Oh dear.....

Yes im sure i'll get the " you have crappy northern weather" comments but its been feeling a bit more like autumn here now. Not moaning, I like it. Weather was very funny today though, storm in the morning, then cleared up and felt really warm so everybody was taking their jackets off

Yes im sure i'll get the " you have crappy northern weather" comments but its been feeling a bit more like autumn here now. Not moaning, I like it. Weather was very funny today though, storm in the morning, then cleared up and felt really warm so everybody was taking their jackets off

I hate those kind of four seasons in one day, send me dizzy:goofy:

but at least you will still be in your prime when the really hot summers hit in 2040. Then all you will have to worry about is all the Aussies moving over for the good weather. I reckon Ayrshire will become the equivalent of FNQ:shocked:

I hate those kind of four seasons in one day, send me dizzy:goofy:

but at least you will still be in your prime when the really hot summers hit in 2040. Then all you will have to worry about is all the Aussies moving over for the good weather. I reckon Ayrshire will become the equivalent of FNQ:shocked:

Laughing at the thought of ayrshire being like FNQ lol lanarkshire will be like the bahamas! Rains back on again, i think its to be nicer next week. The weather hasnt been bothering me as much anymore, im stuck inside at work all day anyway and then the bus home

Archived